Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Ray product catalog

Go down 
+5
Roger
widukind
Bonnie
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

New Ray product catalog Empty
PostSubject: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 4:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I tried going to the website on the back of a box of New Ray figures I recently picked up, and found this catalog. Some cool things here, I want the fishing set! And I see that stuff is available from them on Amazon, as well as other online sellers.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 8:15 am

That is interesting !!!! I do not think I have seen their range before Shocked

Is New Ray easy to find in USA ?
I have never seen them in Denmark, - well but that just says something about the Danish customers who seem to only want Schleich clown

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 9:13 am

Thank you so much Kelly, this is so useful! Very Happy
I love the New Ray dogs, and I think there are also a few in the hunting and farm sets, but like Susanne, they seem to be so hard to get here!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 9:20 am

Thank you Kelly :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 12:59 pm

The best way t understand New-Ray is dividing it in two stages. The earlier as a Hong Kong company and the latter as a kind of North American brand. They even call New-Ray USA to these models.
All these hunting, farm, rodeo sets are North American designs contrarily to the previous series.
Manufacturing is also different. Curiously, I think the dog series explain very well the evolution of New-Ray products.
The 1988 series known as New-Ray Novelty is completely different from the 2008 series, a New-Ray USA collection, known as “My Best Friend”.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 1:04 pm

Roger wrote:
The best way t understand New-Ray is dividing it in two stages. The earlier as a Hong Kong company and the latter as a kind of North American brand. They even call New-Ray USA to these models.
All these hunting, farm, rodeo sets are North American designs contrarily to the previous series.
Manufacturing is also different. Curiously, I think the dog series explain very well the evolution of New-Ray products.
The 1988 series known as New-Ray Novelty is completely different from the 2008 series, a New-Ray USA collection, known as “My Best Friend”.
Oh yes! bounce Very Happy
The dog series shows this very well! cheers
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 5:41 pm

At least in my area, New Ray seem to be seasonal offerings; I've only found them in farm supply and hunting/outdoor supply shops around Christmastime. They aren't that easy to find, but not terribly difficult either. I've never seen most of the offerings in the catalog though, the stores tend to have limited supplies. Most sets focus on farming or hunting activities with the animals as accessories.

I'd never thought to look on Amazon before, the company website listed it. Maybe it or some of the other listed retailers would ship overseas?

Bonnie, I had gotten a big 'My Best Friend' dog playset for my daughter back when she was young. The dogs were overall very nice representations. They had a cat set also, equally well done. Paige got quite a few of the figures, but I still have some left.

Interesting that this box was with a small set of cattle I just picked up- the figures scale okay with Schleichs, but are made of hollow hard plastic. I have only seen PVC figures from them before.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 6:18 pm

How lucky they are so much more available in the US! I totally agree, the My Best Friends dogs are surprisingly nicely done, and they re one of my priorities at the moment! I'm keeping a look out, and I'm sure I will find them with a bit of patience! Very Happy I think they used to be sold on Amazon UK, but sadly not anymore Sad
But thank you so much for sharing the link, it's a useful checklist for all their dogs! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 6:27 pm

I can not open that site Sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 7:13 pm

Thanks, Kelly. Now I can't access the site anymore (worked fine earlier today). The hunting sets with the guns are quite shocking; not such a great idea to teach children about this with toys. I have a few of those, but still looking for the moose.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 10:26 pm

Scalefarm.com in the UK does some New Ray but mainly cattle and horse sets.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 10:32 pm

Thank you Taylor! Very Happy
I'm looking for a certain little border collie from one of their farm sets, so I'll keep checking this website!
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 4:28 pm

Scalefarm is definitely a good site, it's where I get all my brushwood toy buildings from. It's a shame though the Bruder heifer is out of stock, otherwise I would have gotten it

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 9:16 pm

What are the NewRay horses and cattle like? Are they a decent quality? Hard to tell from the company's photos.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 12:36 am

To me, the quality is decent but not superb. The horses are comparable to the Britains ones you just posted in the 1:32 thread I think. I've seen nicer Britains cattle, but the New Rays are acceptable. I've seen a spread in quality, some figures quite good and some meh.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 5:22 pm

Thanks, Kelly. If I can find them, then I may buy the longhorns, as this is a breed that I don't have yet.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 10:25 pm

As Kelly said the New Ray vary in their quality depending on when they were made.Here are some better examples.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] /><a href=[/img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
They also did some nice horse and rider combos and some specific goat breeds.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 10:38 pm

Lovely models! Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 10:42 pm

The longhorn bull looks particularly good. Very useful to see these pictures, thanks.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 10:01 pm

You're welcome.

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 9:52 am

widukind wrote:

I just checked, you should have US IP address to access the site otherwise you get error message.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 5:33 pm

jarda wrote:
widukind wrote:

I just checked, you should have US IP address to access the site otherwise you get error message.

Thanks

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Can anybody please share the pics?

Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 6:49 pm

There is PDF catalog, about 80 MB, 129 pages. Most of the NR range are cars, planes, military vehicles, only small part are hunting sets or animals. Animals in new sets are not very attractive for collectors - similar as KMs (large scale, moveable parts, too toyish). Only small part of old sets are still in-production (no quails, no canada gooses etc.).
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 6:53 pm

jarda wrote:
There is PDF catalog, about 80 MB, 129 pages. Most of the NR range are cars, planes, military vehicles, only small part are hunting sets or animals. Animals in new sets are not very attractive for collectors - similar as KMs (large scale, moveable parts, too toyish). Only small part of old sets are still in-production (no quails, no canada gooses etc.).

Thank you. I see you knows wexactly what i want to know :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ray product catalog   New Ray product catalog Empty

Back to top Go down

New Ray product catalog
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: New Ray-
Jump to: