Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ideas for Safari 2022

Go down 
+27
Joliezac
endogenylove
Burgerenby
QuollMate
Dutch Bear
Michelle
K907
Birdsage
Mitsukuni
Pepi
Saarlooswolfhound
Pardofelis
aschuck
Advicot
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
lucky luke
Duck-Anch-Amun
Farm collector
Kikimalou
Megaptera
NightLioness
Tupolew Tu-154
Bonnie
widukind
halichoeres
Deanmo19
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Deanmo19

Country/State : United States/Florida

Ideas for Safari 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Mine are:

Prehistoric World:

Protoceratops
Oviraptor
Utahraptor
Deinosuchus
Basilosaurus
Titanoboa
Paraceratherium
Palaeoloxodon Namadicus

Wonderful Wildlife:

Red Kangaroo
Ostrich
Snow Leopard

Incredible Creatures:

Short-Beaked Echidna
Arapaima
Electric Eel
Gharial

North American Wildlife:

Gray Fox
Red Wolf

Wild Safari Wildlife:

Bongo
Brazilian Tapir
Red River Hog
Emu

Wings of the World:

Thick-Billed Parrot

Wild Safari Sea Life:

Commerson's Dolphin
Sandbar Shark

Farm Life:

Jacob Sheep
Kunekune Pig

Mythical Realms:

Kraken
Loch Ness Monster
Armored Apatosaurus
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 7:59 pm

I don't think it will happen, but I would really like a new prehistoric-themed Toob, which hasn't happened since 2013. Ideally it would mostly be smaller species that scaled well with their full-sized figures for dioramas.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 9:02 pm

This year a south american toob. Last year a african toob. There is also a Australian toob. So it could be come a european or a asian toob

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 10:28 pm

Ooooh exciting to think about it already, although it is a long way away! Very Happy bounce
I think what I would like to see done by them, and what is more likely they will do (In terms of dogs) would both be different answers! But looking at their previous dogs, I would be heading towards breeds with simple colouring but challenging sculpts, to play to Safari's strengths. Their latest Great Dane was just like that, simple colouring but such an amazing sculpt. It would be really nice to see some new breeds, and of course the more unusual the better, but I wouldn't mind if they updated their rough collies and golden retrievers to match their current standard, given that these two breeds are special to me Very Happy .
So these are the breeds I would love them to make, and which have a higher chance of being introduced into their range (So not necessarily what I would pick, but from the options that are most likely these would be my choices:
- German Shorthaired Pointer- They made the top 10 AKC breeds this year, and can have a simple colour of liver/ liver & white so there would not be the challenge of the speckles some have! And an impressive outline too, would fit nicely with the Schleich German wirehaired pointer.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel- Not only do I love this breed, but I don't think any brands have got it quite right yet, and I think the simple Blenheim colour would work well with the style. Also, a popular breed in America according to AKC statistics, so probably quite likely!
- Dobermann Pinscher- A beautiful elegant breed, simple black and tan, would be lovely in Safari's style! Very Happy
And these are the breeds I would love, love them to make, it may not be likely for some but these are the ones I think they would do well and which I would love models of!
- Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever- Such beautiful dogs, that are quite unknown even though they would look lovely as a model!
- Shetland Sheepdog
- Border Collie- I know they already have one, but it is such a wonderful model and I would love to see them make another in gold and white!
- Papillon
- Curly Coated Retriever
- Samoyed
- Gordon Setter- Simple colours, detailed and pretty outline
- Basenji- Elegance and simplicity, and would be nice to show a variety by including this primitive breed
- Flat Coated Retriever
- Saluki Very Happy I know Susanne would love this too! But I really think they would look beautiful with the excellent sculpting of Safari! And I feel that there haven't been that many gazehounds done by major brands!
There were many more breeds I wanted to add, but I think the list would go on and on! And I kept it realistic, although the Barrocal Algarvio would be wonderful, and I also really love Portugese Podencos. Oh and New Guinea Singing Dog to show what natural, semi- wild dogs look like! And an Alaskan Noble Companion dog would be beautiful! And if I may add one more, the Ibizan Hound, because sadly they have seen a huge decline in America recently and it would be nice to raise awareness of this elegant breed. I feel I may have missed an obvious one, but so far these are the ones which come to mind! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 4:38 am

Armored Stegosaurus bounce

Maybe this tongue
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Silurian Toob
Ordovician Toob
Devon Toob
Carboniferous Toob
Permian Toob
Palaeocene Toob

Airliner Toob (with Tupolev Tu-154, Boeing 747, Boeing 737, Airbus A380, Concorde and more)

Guinea Pig Toob (different breeds and colors)

Incredible Creatures: Giant Isopod

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 5:46 pm

Mushroom toob, a mushroom toob, a mushy mushy mushroom toob.

O and a coati please.

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 8:54 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Mushroom toob, a mushroom toob, a mushy mushy mushroom toob.

O and a coati please.

What kind of mushrooms are you talking about? tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 12:29 am

Perhaps, next year they could release these animals:

Wild Life
Banteng
African Bullfrog
African pygmy falcon
Eurasian kestrel
Tibetan brown bear
Tardigrade

Farm Life
Southdown Babydoll Sheep
Mediterranean water buffalo
Gayal
Dwarf horse
Bali cattle
Nigora goat
Mini Silky fainting goat
Black Pomeranian dog
Heck cattle

Prehistoric
Beelzebufo
Thylacoleo
Rusingoryx
Aurochs
Giganotosaurus
Bulldog bear

Good Luck Minis
Gayal
Blue wildebeest
Eagle owl
Cane toad

I don't understand why my favorite manufacturers are so narrow-minded... Still, let's give them a chance to look at our wishes and decide what is more convenient of these options.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 1:44 am

And what about 2023 ? Wink
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:59 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I think maybe somebody is moving a little fast forward? lol! Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 11:14 am

Farm collector wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Wink

More seriously, I think Safari Ltd is already working on 2022 models.
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 12:03 pm

O really Shocked I did,nt know that Embarassed But that is just fantastic cheers

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:55 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Or we wait until we see the 2021 models in reality and can hold them in our hands? affraid
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 9:00 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Farm collector wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Wink

I seriously think too, Wink

Christophe you could open a new subject to inform us how long it takes for the realization to the sale!
From the start of an idea of an animal to its outcome etc ...
Who chooses and determines the pose,
Is it a committee which chooses a species and it is different artists or a group which defines the figure or figures to be produced. and then the different brands choose a subject ------------- It would be interesting to know more Smile study scratch Suspect Idea Idea Idea
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:02 pm

lucky luke wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Farm collector wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Wink

I seriously think too, Wink

Christophe you could open a new subject to inform us how long it takes for the realization to the sale!
From the start of an idea of an animal to its outcome etc ...
Who chooses and determines the pose,
Is it a committee which chooses a species and it is different artists or a group which defines the figure or figures to be produced. and then the different brands choose a subject ------------- It would be interesting to know more  Smile study scratch Suspect Idea Idea Idea
Yes definitely! Very Happy This would be very interesting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:25 pm

That would be interesting. I think Christophe is probably right and companies are already beginning to work on ideas for 2022, and have moved past brainstorming ideas to beginning of production/ concept art and protosculpts for the 2021 releases. It must take a fair bit of time to go from idea to final product.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 5:24 pm

I don't normally engage in these 'wish lists' but I have been looking at my Synoptic Collection and thinking about what I'd like to see from Safari, even if few to several years from now. Five for each category; I tried to pick things reasonable but still interesting for us.

North American Wildlife:
grey fox
mule deer
turkey vulture
cottontail rabbit (desert or eastern)
snowshoe hare

Wildlife:
bald uakari
bonobo
coatimundi
giant armadillo
spectacled (Andean) bear

Wings of the World:
Andean cock-of-the-rock
great hornbill
Musckovy duck
rhea
superb lyrebird

Prehistoric World:
any new species of ceratopsian
Mastodonsaurus
Hipparion (or other prehistoric equid)
Megalania
Quetzalcoatlus (standing, not flying)

Sealife:
Dall's porpoise
southern elephant seal
goliath grouper
pajama shark
a new species of ray/skate

Incredible Creatures (invertebrate-centric, I know):
bed bug
medicinal leech
mantis shrimp
stick insect
hard tick (any common, important species)
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 6:02 pm

I agree with many of your suggestions Blaine

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 3:52 am

Ah, mantis shrimp. That would be a must have.
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 1:21 pm

I´m not very involved in such threads, especially when they are released when we even haven´t seen the 2021 newcomers in reality, but Blaine, I really love your list!
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 4:15 am

Kikimalou wrote:

You know, it's a tradition to write wishes for the next year. Razz

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 9:01 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

You know, it's a tradition to write wishes for the next year. Razz

I know, I’m here since STS birth Wink It was already some of us tradition before we opened STS... But next year is 2021 not 2022 Laughing
Another tradition is a crested crazy macaque have to write crested crazy posts  geek

Since Blaine wrote a list I will also break my own tradition and write a wishlist too.

Wings of the World
Greater prairie chicken
Abyssinian ground hornbill

Wildlife Wonders
Pink fairy armadillo
Leafy Seadragon ( please come back )
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Well, they're at it again, and things are moving in the pipeline.   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 2:03 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, today, I was ordering from Safari, and I asked them, on behalf of us collectors, if they were indeed doing new products for 2022. They said yes, they were, and that they didn't know what the products were, but that they were working on ideas for 2022. And that's about the only info I can give you all right now, because I have no idea what they (Safari, I mean), are up to. Oh well, in the meantime, we can still dream. Anyway, I'm so glad somebody opened this topic. I mean, now we get to dream about news for 2022. That's wonderful, in my opinion. And it's good that Safari has made it through this whole pandemic thingy too. It just goes to show that not all these things have turned out bad. That of course depends on how you view this pandemic. Oh well, think what you want, but as for me, Safari doing things in 2022 is great news.

Now here is my wishlist:

Prehistoric World: Dodo, More prehistoric Mammals, and other prehistoric things.

Mythical realms: Female bigfoot, Female Yeti, Dwarves, Sasquatch or bigfoot baby.

Toobs: Mushrooms, Dwarves designer toob, Another musical instruments toob, Mermaid family toob, Rocks and minerals toob.

Wildlife Wonders: Red Kangaroo, ostrich, Fennec Fox, Koala, Platypus, Llama.

Incredible Creatures: Darwin's moth, Mole, Swallowtail Butterfly.

Sea Life: Elephant seal, Seahorse baby trio. Parrotfish, Angelfish, Electric eel, Narwhal, Lobster.

And that's the list that I have. I really do hope that they consider these suggestions, because a fennec fox for Wildlife Wonders would be such a cool figure. Also, I almost forgot, for wildlife Wonders, a bactrian and or Dromedary camel, Babirusa, Muskox, and Emu. Anyway, let me know if you hear anything about the things for 2022. I'll be waiting here on the forum, so please keep me posted.

Anyway, thanks in advance,

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 8:08 am

As I've suggested for other years... please please please a MISSISSIPPI PADDLEFISH with wide open mouth.
Also, make the same species of their Dolphin TOOB but at standard size.
And a mountain tapir!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 8:19 am

You won’t be happy with a Safari ltd mountain tapir, they will make it too big Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Safari 2022   Ideas for Safari 2022 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Safari 2022
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next