Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats Empty
PostSubject: Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats   Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 1:30 pm

Yesterday i found a few old figures, i think especially interesting for Bonnie :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats   Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 3:23 pm

Thank you so much for this link Andreas- I love the vintage puppy in my pockets by MEG! Very Happy cheers
They were sold in the 90s and some of the models are wonderful, I collect their dogs! Some say they're too cutesy but I actually think that some would rival those done by major brands, and they have made many unusual breeds such as a komondor and a briard! Very Happy
They also made cats, horses and some other animals too, there is a link to a complete list of all their animals here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But thank you so much for the link- there are many interesting figures there! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats   Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:32 pm

Ohhh, so nice they are Very Happy Applause

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats   Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 4:30 am

I have a handful of the dogs and I agree with you, Lilias; I think that taken as a whole the 90s MEGs aren't any more cutesy or unrealistic than some major brand offerings. The scope of breed offerings if nothing else makes them worthwhile, and they're usually easily identifiable as their breed.
(Edit to add I've only seen the dogs and cats)

Adam made a thread wondering why they weren't listed in the TAI.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by pipsxlch on Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats   Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 1:24 pm

Yes definitely Kelly! Very Happy
It would be amazing to list them on TAW- I think they definitely should be but I'm sure it relies on how much time the editors have! But if they are, I would be very happy to help with photos! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats   Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 1:27 pm

Same here :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats   Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you know M.E.G. figures - especially the dogs and cats
Page 1 of 1