Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 
 

 Mangrove palm tree

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Philter4



Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1391

PostSubject: Mangrove palm tree   Mon May 16, 2011 1:07 am

It is storming today, this morning there was thunder and lightning and now it is snowing, YES I said snowing, on the 15th of May!!! Anyway I have been making a mangrove palm tree from India for the past week or so but with so much free time today I finished it. here is the photo, I made it to go along the river in the Indian diorama. The paint looks a little flat in the photo, the leaves are much "fresher" looking without the flash but I still have some paint work to do before it is done.


I am going to make it part of a scene, like the last few pieces, so now I have to add some bushes and maybe a flowering water plant or reed type plant to go along the base which I'll put right on the river bank.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14960

PostSubject: Re: Mangrove palm tree   Mon May 16, 2011 4:29 am

Congratulation as usual Phil Very Happy .

I can't wait to see it in your Eden's garden Cool

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: Mangrove palm tree   Mon May 16, 2011 9:39 am

Wow, it's wonderful Phil!
I can't believe it's snowing where you are Shocked

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Moderator


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 63
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 27751

PostSubject: Re: Mangrove palm tree   Mon May 16, 2011 10:50 am

It is fantastic, Phil ! cheers
SO much detail, you are a very patient man Very Happy

Yugh, snow ! What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
remrock02



Age : 57
Joined : 2010-04-07
Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: Mangrove palm tree   Mon May 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Great job again Phil! You are the STS Tree Master!!!
Back to top Go down
Philter4



Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1391

PostSubject: Re: Mangrove palm tree   Mon May 16, 2011 3:21 pm

@remrock02 wrote:
Great job again Phil! You are the STS Tree Master!!!

Thanks everyone, I really enjoy making the trees and plants, especially when it is a specific species and not just a tree or bush to fill a space.

Remrock02, I like the title, maybe I'll change my user name to STStreemaster Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Ana



Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9159

PostSubject: Re: Mangrove palm tree   Mon May 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Congratulations Phil-The Tree Master!!! cheers Your palm tree is beautiful, I would love to see it on Your diorama too Very Happy Can't wait for more photos :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Philter4



Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1391

PostSubject: Re: Mangrove palm tree   Mon May 16, 2011 4:37 pm

@ana wrote:
Congratulations Phil-The Tree Master!!! cheers Your palm tree is beautiful, I would love to see it on Your diorama too Very Happy Can't wait for more photos :)

Hi Ana,
Wait until you see what I have done on your mini diorama, I made a heart shaped fan palm and put it on the base with a screw palm (which is not a palm but a pandanus) for the background part of your scene. I know I haven't written or posted on this project lately but after I posted the first part of it I decided I wanted it to be a surprise for you. I am about 1/2 way done, but the biggest part can't be finished yet, I will work on the log where the leopard will go once I have a good idea of his pose and where his body/feet will sit on the fallen tree.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Ana



Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9159

PostSubject: Re: Mangrove palm tree   Mon May 16, 2011 7:05 pm

@Philter4 wrote:
@ana wrote:
Congratulations Phil-The Tree Master!!! cheers Your palm tree is beautiful, I would love to see it on Your diorama too Very Happy Can't wait for more photos :)

Hi Ana,
Wait until you see what I have done on your mini diorama, I made a heart shaped fan palm and put it on the base with a screw palm (which is not a palm but a pandanus) for the background part of your scene. I know I haven't written or posted on this project lately but after I posted the first part of it I decided I wanted it to be a surprise for you. I am about 1/2 way done, but the biggest part can't be finished yet, I will work on the log where the leopard will go once I have a good idea of his pose and where his body/feet will sit on the fallen tree.

cheers cheers cheers
I'm sure it will be amazing! It is so wonderful from Your side sunny
I will let You know about the pose, but I have very busy time now Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
aandmkw



Country/State : Gardendale, TX
Age : 38
Joined : 2010-04-04
Posts : 2354

PostSubject: Re: Mangrove palm tree   Tue May 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Another beautiful, amazing tree. I love it. Congratulations Phil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mangrove palm tree   Today at 9:04 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Mangrove palm tree
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New patterns from SHINSENGUMI
» Khemri supply source table
» palmtree bonsai
» Mangrove bonsai
» Tree cuts sealed with wax

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs - Homemade models - Non toy animal replicas :: Homemade models-
Jump to: