Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.

Go down 
+3
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
aschuck
7 posters
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  Empty
PostSubject: The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.    The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 7:27 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I must say, for starters, that I only started this topic, because of the book "The Indian in the Cupboard." Has anyone read that book? If so, then this topic should make some sense. If not, then here is a little summary:

A boy gets a magical medicine cabinet for a present, and soon learns that whatever plastic toy he puts in there comes to real life. So the boy puts some plastic people in there, and so begins his adventures.

Now, here's the fun part. What if we, us collectors I mean, had that cabinet? Imagine how much fun you could have, bringing your models to life. It would be even better if we had a flying or wishing carpet. Then we could just say, after the model was made real: "I wish that such and such a model in my collection were life sized." Now, imagine how much good that would do the world of living animals. Of course, some of you might say, "But Aschuck, that's impossible." Well, yeah, but as has been said by other collectors, it's always fun to dream. Anyway, if ever a wishing carpet or magic medicine cabinet comes my way, I'll let you know. Otherwise, your comments on this topic would be much appreciated.

Aschuck

P.S. The idea of a wishing carpet comes from an E. Nesbit book called "The Phoenix and the Carpet." In the book, some kids get a carpet in their house, not knowing at all that it's a wishing carpet, until a phoenix hatches in the fireplace, and informs them of this. Either way, it's a very interesting book, so check it out sometime. If you want, that is.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.    The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 8:08 am

Dear Aschuck, how I love your wonderful fantasy I love you

I am not sure I would like to see all my model animals alive, - imagine the T-rexes and the dragons affraid Laughing
But we could re-vive the dodos, the thylacine and many others drunken

Thankyou for sharing your thooughts, - and a maerry christmas to you santa

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.    The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 9:50 am

That's just the Toy History movie Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.    The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 1:08 pm

I would love all my dogs to come alive- it would be fun but chaos! Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.    The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 1:19 pm

I looked at my sheves and it seems I heard my antelopes whispered no lions in your magic box please, then the hares said no foxes too and I felt something like a smile on my Trex face affraid Something like ‘hey Kiki, your collection is too big... I will help’ What a Face
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.    The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 2:42 pm

I need to grab a very, very big bathtub for all my sea life animals! XD
And I'm not looking forward to see the many spiders and other little creepy crawlies come to life Laughing

I have thought of this idea after I saw the movie.
How would I care for all those animals, I have over 2000 o.0 Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.    The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 5:13 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
.......I felt something like a smile on my Trex face affraid Something like ‘hey Kiki, your collection is too big... I will help’ What a Face

lol! lol!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.    The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 5:19 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
That's just the Toy History movie Very Happy

Well, they are made the same year the same Wink
If you mean , which one is the oldest, what about Hans Christian Andersen : The steadfast tin soldier from 1838 Very Happy

Actually I think the idea has existed thousands and thousands of years, ever since a child found a stone and thought it looked like a bear Very Happy

That just shows how good the idea is cheers

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.    The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 3:02 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
.......I felt something like a smile on my Trex face affraid Something like ‘hey Kiki, your collection is too big... I will help’ What a Face

lol! lol!

Given that much of my collection is dinosaurs and dragons, this could be fun indeed. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.    The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 8:38 am

pipsxlch wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

lol! lol!

Given that much of my collection is dinosaurs and dragons, this could be fun indeed. Twisted Evil

Roasted microraptor for dinner Wink
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.    The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 1:55 am

Mmm says the Spectral dragon, tastes like chicken! Twisted Evil tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.    The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Indian in the cupboard or, how to repopulate the living animal world using models, a magic cabinet, and a wishing carpet.
Page 1 of 1