Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround

Go down 
+8
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
widukind
Pardofelis
Bonnie
Ana
spacelab
Pepi
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

Country/State : Madrid

Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 9:50 am

Hi all,
This is my first walkaroud. I don't know if this is the appropiate part of the forum for this one, moderators feel free to move the topic.
I apologize for the bad quality of the pictures in advance...

As I stated in other topics I'm currently focused on expanding my birds of prey section. I had never considered buying custom figures before, mainly because their price and because, in my opinion, they have a "clayish" appearance that doesn't fit with the rest of my collection. However, when I saw this vulture I felt in love and wrote an email to JM Aparicio for details. He was super kind to me and helped me with all my doubts.

I ended buying two figures, the vulture and the bharal, which I have not opened yet since it will be a Epiphany present (we do that here in Spain; it was supossed to be "instead" of Santa Claus but nowadays Santa is sadly replacing them...).

The figure is astonishing! It scales a little bit small when compared to major brands, but nothing very significative. I was a little bit worried because of sculpting of the "ankles" of the wings since it seemed to be very smoothly and poorly detailed and catches my eye every time I looked at the photos. But finally that is not a problem.

So, I left you some pictures here. As always, the model is better in real life. Enjoy!

Black vulture (Aegypius monachus) by JM Aparicio (Signatus)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The bird came in a soft box, perfectly attached, with a certificate numbered and signed by JM.

And finally a small comparison with Safari bald eagle and Schleich pergrine falcon.

By the way! I asked him about selling one of the imperial eagles of his diorama separatelly. He said he would have to do a separate mould for that. But he has to think about that. Having one of those would be a dream. Maybe we can encourage him working together!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 10:18 am

I think it looks gorgeous! This might scale better with mammals than birds from major brands. Applause
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 10:37 am

What a beautiful model, and incredible work by Miguel! Thank you for the walk around Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 11:21 am

What a beautiful, detailed and realistic model and how amazing that this bird is now in your collection! Very Happy cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 8:26 pm

Very nice! I think a walkaround of one of the Signatus's homemade models never has been made in this forum... until now. This black vulture is a superb piece, and the bharal is one of my most dreamed pieces from this author along with the (sadly not in production anymore) magnific Spanish ibex model. However, since years ago the price always stopped me from buying any homemade model from Signatus/Likaon.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 9:30 pm

Wonderful figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 9:32 pm

Thank you Pepi for showing Very Happy

Actually there is a lot of Signatus models walkaround on STS, you can find them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
I even forget there was already two about Cinereous vultures Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 10:03 pm

A wonderful, beautyful, gorgeous model !!!

Thankyou very much for this great walkaround cheers

Christophe, - what on earth happened to your avatar affraid Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 10:38 pm

You are talking to Kikicasso this week Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 12:12 am

Sculptures can’t be better thant those from Miguel! You should feel very proud of owning it and thanks for sharing this wonderful model with us. Very Happy

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 12:40 pm

Thanks for sharing! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 5:44 pm

Wonderful models! Applause

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 9:51 am

Wonderful models! Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround   Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Signatus Black Vulture Walkaround
Page 1 of 1