Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)

Go down 
+6
Caracal
Bonnie
Roger
Advicot
SUSANNE
RtasVadumee
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

[Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2021, 12:43

Badgers are iconic animals of European fauna, they must be present in any woodland series, especially for European brands. Though, they are not popular toys among kids. The 2011 model is very realistic but that's not always the most important to warrant good sales. The 2011 figure is also more complex in terms of manufacturing once it has a more elaborated sculpt and the grizzled effect of the fur is surely hard to obtain correctly. The current model is quite simplistic with more solid colors and a cartoon like smile in an effort to make it look more friendly than realistic. Basically, a cheaper looking figure with a reduced manufacturing investment and probably more attractive to children. So, I think the 2011 model deserves some effort once it represents Schleich in their best and I continue seeing it as the best European badger ever made.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

[Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2021, 14:05

I agree, Schleich made the best, and maybe only decent, plastic badger. 1/12, perfect with the Mojo wild boar, Papo chamois and red fox Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2021, 23:09

Kikimalou wrote:
I agree, Schleich made the best, and maybe only decent, plastic badger. 1/12, perfect with the Mojo wild boar, Papo chamois and red fox Very Happy

Sure! Those are also my favorite representatives and I am sure they look great together. I only don't know why I don't have the Mojo Fun wild boar yet, I have seen it locally and for any reason I couldn't get it but I will do, that's a great model. cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2021, 09:43

.. yes the Mojo fun is great but seems bigger than the Schleich I already have and I didn't find comparison picture on SUY, except with an old Elastolin I don't have..
  A comparison picture: Schleich/Papo/Mojo/Safari boars would be useful to me! :)

Last edited by Caracal on Thu 11 Feb 2021, 13:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2021, 09:48

Schleich wild boars are small compared with Schleich warthogs and even smaller if you have a CollectA red river hog or a Safari peccary. However, just like you, I already have the full herd and I am not willing to replace everything.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2021, 10:57

Caracal wrote:
.. yes the Mojo fun is great but seems bigger than the Schleich I already have and I didn't find comparison picture on SU, except with an old Elastolin I don't have..
  A comparison picture: Schleich/Papo/Mojo/Safari boars would be useful to me! :)

Wild boars, Mojö, CollectA, Papo, Bullyland, Lineol, Safari and Schleich by Susanne

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Don't take too much seriously the wild boar sizes once their variability is tremendous.
Take this excerpt from Wikipedia.

"In Northeastern Asia, large males can reach brown bear-like sizes, weighing 270 kg (600 lb) and measuring 110–118 cm (43–46 in) in shoulder height. Some adult males in Ussuriland and Manchuria have been recorded to weigh 300–350 kg (660–770 lb) and measure 125 cm (49 in) in shoulder height. "

Even in Europe they vary a lot although not so extreme as in Asia.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2021, 13:24

Thank you very much for this useful picture Rogério! Very Happy the size is OK for me, now I hesitate between The Mojo and the Safari one for I enjoy the both! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2021, 14:44

You're welcome. They are both great models and they show clearly how different wild boars can be.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2021, 17:10

At last : The new Schleich badger Laughing

Three generations :

In my head they are a family, - dad is darker and not so wide over the hips, and the old, grey one is granny Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2021, 17:38

So many wonderful Schleich Badgers- as a family they are gorgeous! drunken I love you
The two babies are so sweet, and it is so interesting to see how Schleich has changed from each generation! Very Happy
Let's hope that in the future, if they make another badger, it will be as wonderful as all the previous ones! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2021, 18:05

Fantastic, it is completely different to see with your pictures.
So it seems the newer has a slight grizzled effect once the black of the legs seems more solid than the color on back. right? Badgers are very robuste animals, another impotant difference is the central white strip on head extending far behind the ears, I mean nape area. Fortunately, the difference in quality is not as dramatic as I thought but still undoubtfully the 2011 version is my favorite.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2021, 19:17

Thank you for this useful picture Susanne! :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2021, 19:32

Great family line Susanne! I still prefer the two oldest ones, but the new one is great in its own way. :) Thanks for the comparison!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2021, 19:51

Thankyou, friends ! I am delighted you also like the family Wink

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021, 14:34

Now you just need one of these gorgeous golden individuals

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021, 14:47

F***... I hoped to be the first Sad

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021, 17:24

RtasVadumee wrote:

Ohhh! I am sorry !!! Shocked

I thought you were looking for comparison photos Embarassed Crying or Very sad

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021, 17:29

Haha, no worries Susanne ! Very Happy

But I did not need comparison pics anymore as I purchased the 2011 one on Ebay and it arrived yesterday at my father's work (still have to see it though) and hoped to provide the comparison pic on my own.

They fit very well, anyone who has the old one should buy the new one just for the sake of pairing them as they tend to be monogamous ! In your opinion who is the male and who is the female ?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021, 18:05

SUSANNE wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:

Ohhh! I am sorry !!! Shocked

I thought you were looking for comparison photos Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Ben was not anymore but I was. I don't have the newer one and I surely wanted to see how it looks with the two older ones I have. I like to have multiple badgers, I even have the Mojo, CollectA and Lineol. This new Schleich is not a masterpiece as the previous but it is fine enough. I suspect it will make a good partenership with the Mojo Fun figure.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021, 20:58

RtasVadumee wrote:

They fit very well, anyone who has the old one should buy the new one just for the sake of pairing them as they tend to be monogamous ! In your opinion who is the male and who is the female ?

cheers

I think the lightest one is the female Wink

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021, 05:21

Thank you for these so useful comparison photos Susanne .
We all needed them :)
I also think the models look great together Very Happy

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Feb 2021, 17:41

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Feb 2021, 22:12

Hurrah! Applause Applause cheers cheers

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 EmptyMon 01 Mar 2021, 00:43

Advicot wrote:
Now you just need one of these gorgeous golden individuals

Hah, it looks like the same dilution as a 'blond' raccoon, which I have seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2