Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bullyland Lioness Walkaround

Go down 
+4
widukind
RtasVadumee
Kikimalou
VexVamp
8 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Bullyland Lioness Walkaround   bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 3:05 am

I saw this beautiful but well-loved girl for sale on Ebay, and although I generally stay away from heavily rubbed figures, I just couldn't resist. I'm a sucker for nice-looking lionesses, and this one didn't even have a page on the wiki, so I couldn't pass her up. Looking at her size I think she might be part of the DeLuxe Size Wild Animals series, but I don't know for sure.

I'm currently debating about where I should try to repair the paint on her or leave her as is. Feel free to voice your opinions in the comments.

bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround DSC-0790

bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround DSC-0796

bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround DSC-0797

bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround DSC-0800

bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround DSC-0801

bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround DSC-0807

bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround DSC-0808

bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround DSC-0804

bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround DSC-0805

bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround DSC-0812
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland Lioness Walkaround   bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 5:07 am

It is indeed a very beautiful lioness, one of the best I know. It is an excellent discovery !

A few years ago I would told you to let the model as it is but I’m getting older and I saw so much marvelous rescues on STS that I changed my mind. If you think you are able to repaint or touch her up, go for it and share the pics cheers
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland Lioness Walkaround   bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 7:10 am

What a nice model, I am always very surprised when I see beautiful Bullyland figures, I thought that this brand's figures were all awful like those we used to see in "La Grande Récré" shops Laughing

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland Lioness Walkaround   bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 8:53 am

The old Bullyland figures are treasures.

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland Lioness Walkaround   bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 9:30 am

I would keep the figure as it is because it has a past with having lots of fun (I presume) with a small child, and now it seems the old lioness goes into retirement surrounded by many other lions, so my final say is keep her as you bought her Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland Lioness Walkaround   bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 9:52 am

I am not a fan of most Deluxe Bullyland figures but there are some fantastic exceptions.  This lioness is surely among them.
I think it is the the 63609 Deluxe figure (2008-2013). As far as I know, it is not an extremely rare model and although its label price is not low, it also do not suffers from speculative prices once Bullyland wildlife models are not widely popular. In any case, it is better to wait for Susanne's or other Bullyland expert imput because if Susanne does not have it, it may not be that common either.
If it is rare, I think you should keep it like it is now, if it is not that rare, why not some restoring?

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland Lioness Walkaround   bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 1:39 pm

What an amazing discovery, and such a beautiful lioness! drunken
And I love your photos, you bring her to life! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland Lioness Walkaround   bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 1:42 pm

great model! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland Lioness Walkaround   bullyland - Bullyland Lioness Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Bullyland Lioness Walkaround
Page 1 of 1