Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DUNKIN Animals complet

Go down 
+6
Bonnie
Caracal
widukind
SUSANNE
Mitsukuni
Babdo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

DUNKIN Animals complet Empty
PostSubject: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 2:36 am

Hello,
today I got the last animal I need to complet my collection of DUNKIN Animals.
Now I can put them to TAW.
Benno.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Babdo on Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 2:45 am

Amazing! cheers These little guys are so charming and they’re quite impressive all together Applause
I have the hyena in light blue thanks to Roger Very Happy I love you

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 8:11 am

Congratulations with completeing this collection !!!!
I have never seen any of them before , but like them very much Applause

Great to get them on TAW ! They are the kind that I imagine people would need help to find the brand Very Happy

Are they a kind of "Margarinefiguren " ?

Babdo

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 8:27 am

Hello,
TAW says this little figures were packed with chewinggum.
When I buy on ebay a group about hundred figures, always I got some mono-coloured figures with the package.
After times I stored a lot of it and I search for more information and I found information about DUNKIN and a picture and a list of animal names (nearly the same item list as TAW shows).
Benno.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Babdo on Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 8:30 am

Thank you very much. That's very interesting.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 9:27 am

indeed! cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 9:44 am

WOW ! What a collection affraid

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 11:20 am

Your collection is just AMAZING!!cheers cheers
And these little models are so charming, congratulations on completing your collection! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 5:18 pm

Very interesting colection. You have a very good storage system.

sunny sunny sunny

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 6:06 pm

do you have any informations about Heinerle/Manurba/Domplast? I have seen there a lizard and a snake

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 3:51 pm

Lovely old models!!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 10:48 pm

I think I have the fox in two different colors and something else, a tapir?
These figures were very popular in Spain and Dunkin was not the only brand selling them. Though, they are best known as Dunkin so that is their perfect name. I am glad you completed your series and it is good to know you will post them on TAW.

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 12:10 pm

Lovely collection!
Yes, In Spain we called most of this little monochrome plastic figures "Dunkin" because Dunkin chewing gum (made by Gallina Blanca company) was the first (in the 60s) or the most popular to give them away in the paper packages that contain some chewing gums and that figure.

But yours is a trully Dunkin collection, it's called "Fieras del Zoo" ("Beasts of the zoo") and the first were released in 1967 in only 4 colours (sky blue, yellow, green and red).
You can see in this page how was the vintage paper package like they came in: http://chicledunkin.blogspot.com/2009/02/en-los-anos-60-pesar-de-la-incipiente.html
The package with the figure and the chewing gum cost at that time ... 1 peseta so that's ¡0,006€!  Very Happy

The figures were recast in the 80s by Panrico (the figures are made in brownish tones) and in more colours in the 90s by Boomer chewing gum, but the elephant mold seemed to be lost or damaged, because it wasn't released.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 4:02 pm

Duna_ wrote:
Lovely collection!
Yes, In Spain we called most of this little monochrome plastic figures "Dunkin" because Dunkin chewing gum (made by Gallina Blanca company) was the first (in the 60s) or the most popular to give them away in the paper packages that contain some chewing gums and that figure.

But yours is a trully Dunkin collection, it's called "Fieras del Zoo" ("Beasts of the zoo") and the first were released in 1967 in only 4 colours (sky blue, yellow, green and red).
You can see in this page how was the vintage paper package like they came in: http://chicledunkin.blogspot.com/2009/02/en-los-anos-60-pesar-de-la-incipiente.html
The package with the figure and the chewing gum cost at that time ... 1 peseta so that's ¡0,006€!  Very Happy

The figures were recast in the 80s by Panrico (the figures are made in brownish tones) and in more colours in the 90s by Boomer chewing gum, but the elephant mold seemed to be lost or damaged, because it wasn't released.

Welcome. Do you know other brands like that?

Back to top Go down
Duna_

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 6:10 pm

widukind wrote:

Hi, yes, there are also the Matutano ones: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--nSav3_Vkgk/UB7YEjfEprI/AAAAAAAAAOk/zQ7bZHiKnIc/s1600/002.jpg
I don't remember more. You can have a look in Todocoleccion.es website searching for "dunkin".
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 7:41 pm

Duna_ wrote:
widukind wrote:

Hi, yes, there are also the Matutano ones: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--nSav3_Vkgk/UB7YEjfEprI/AAAAAAAAAOk/zQ7bZHiKnIc/s1600/002.jpg
I don't remember more. You can have a look in Todocoleccion.es website searching for "dunkin".

Thank you

Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 10:34 pm

Hello Duna,
thank you very much for your information.
Now I will look for my other little coloured animals with a new view.
Benno.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 10:53 pm

Wow, this is splendid, thanks for sharing. cheers cheers

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 11:36 am

Wonderful collection Benno!! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DUNKIN Animals complet   DUNKIN Animals complet Empty

Back to top Go down

DUNKIN Animals complet
Page 1 of 1