Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D

Go down 
+8
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
costicuba
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Bonnie
spacelab
SUSANNE
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D Empty
PostSubject: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 11:36 am

cheers WILD, WILD HORSES  cheers

It was Roger, who made me aware of a small miracle : This year Schleich made a model of an extremely rare and extremely interesting breed of feral horse horse ...FROM PORTUGAL !!!! cheers

You can read about them at Wikipedia , but long story short, they have many traits in common with more "primitive" ( IN BRACKETS) horses.
They almost came extinct, but i locally as well as thoug imports to USA, they now seem to be save.
In 2008 there were even 5 in Denmark, but I have not been able to find out what happened to them.
If they are more wild than feral, they may not be suited for children and amateurs. drunken

For instance most are blue dun ( E-, aa, D-) , called grullo in American :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This colour seems to be prevalent in the lines bred in USA.

There are also bay duns ( E-, A-, D- ). Here one with beautyful striped legs :

Not-duns are seen, but it seems that the ones trying to save the breed prefer the dun ones.

Another interesting trait is the roman nose :
This is a trait seen in several Iberian breeds , and in breds derived from them, such as Lipizzans and Frederiksborgers.

Now, let's take a look at the Schleich model , - mine was immediately named "MIRACLE "  Laughing

He is clearly different from most other Schleich horses

Perfect chest !!!

His ears alert, one ear listening the side, one forward Very Happy
The rather thin legs are made for sprinting, not for working .

Unfortunately his body is a bit tii short.
Living in the wild, a short body is not good for ballance, - that is why race cars are so low Wink

Clear dorsal line

Good, strong hooves without shoes. They are a bit wide which may be an advantage in the wild.

The dorsal line has been painted a little too fast, it seems.

And now to the beautyful face with the typical "roman" nose cheers

What a nice neck  Very Happy

Perfect, alert pose of the ears  Applause

Good rather large muzzle, - this horse is not made for show and bling Wink

Large, wide open nostrils ! I can almost hear him go "Snorrrt !!! "  Laughing

Shoulders and chest are made for all kinds of terrain.

This must go for winter-fur in Iberia  Very Happy

The mane is nicely sculpted, but the paintwork is wrong !!!  Rolling Eyes
A 2-coloured mane is light at the sides and dark in the middle !!!!!!

Strong and powerful ! Very Happy

I am imressed : This tail actually swings a bit to the left as the horse pushes off in a left canter !!!! Applause

Rear motor fully tuned  cheers

Going quite close we see that there is a slip in the sculpt of the right nostril  Shocked

A last picture of his face, just because... Laughing

I hope you like him also :)

Last edited by SUSANNE on Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 11:52 am

I like it, there are flaws, but I like it. It's on a higher level than the latest schleich horses, if only his body was a little bit longer.. Still a good looking model.
Thanks Susanne, amazing detailed photos as usual!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 12:02 pm

This is beautiful- it must be one of the best of all the modern Schleich horses! cheers cheers
And what a wonderful choice of breed, let's hope that through this model more people will become aware of how rare they are, see how beautiful they look, and hopefully make an effort to save them! Very Happy
And it is stunning, the lovely strong legs, the perfect face, the muscles, the fur, the pose- I love him! I love you
Thank you very much for showing him so well, with such detailed photos! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 8:12 pm

Sorraia is believed to be the remnant of the South European wild horse.
Sorraia whole genotype is that of the Tarpan, the European wild horse.
The Sorraia has no history as a domestic breed..
They are also not exactly feral as Mustangs are in America. Why, because they were never domesticated.
Artifitial selection was more intensively used to recover the Przewalski's horse than it was with Sorraias.
So, it is almost as legitimate to call a Sorraia a wild horse as it is to the famous mongolian cousin.
If it is too much, it is at least the closest possible to the wild horses that roamed in the South of Portugal.
I also don't know if people is aware that these wild horses from my region were called zebro.
Strips were abundant in these horses but that's not the reason of their name once zebras were not known in Europe.
It was the other way, when Portuguese navigators started exploring the South African coasts, as soon as they found those wild striped equines we all know, they started called them zebras because they were like zebros, the horses with strips they knew from Portugal.
How do you tell zebra in your language? If it sounds similar, it is a Portuguese word.
Sorry for my long comment, it is natural that I am excited with this releases. Especially when it is from the most popular brand, available everywhere and I am so glad they avoided their Barbie style of the last years and they made a very decent rendition as Susanne reviewed in a splendid way. Maybe the winter fur is an evidence that this model was based in a population located in Germany.
How lucky we are of having Susanne with us and this presentation couldn't be better. Thanks!!! flower flower flower

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 8:33 pm

This is the one horse in years from Schleich that caught my eye! A few imperfections but I adore him anyway, gotta get one! Great walkaround and photos Susanne, congrats on such a handsome rare horse!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 9:14 pm

Thankyou, friends, from Miracle and me Wink

Roger, tanks for writing more about the breed, - it is my impression that wikipedia got their text from an American breeder, where they ought to get it from a Portuguese expert !

Ohh, the more I look at this model, the more I long to see a repaint of one !!!
One with the correct colour mane/tail, and where the eyes are beautyfully dark brown and not painted so they look enormous etc etc... drunken

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 5:08 am

For sure Miracle deserves this wonderful walkaround by Susanne ! cheers Applause
The best Schleich horse model I see from many years.
Sculpted with very nice details.
Like Kostas said, if only the body was longer and also the mane painted correctly, this could be almost perfect model :)
But now, thank`s to your great photos Susanne and also the very interesting info by Roger, I really like the breed and also this model.
So, I think to get one for me cheers
Thank you dear friend sunny

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 8:04 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, friends, from Miracle and me Wink

Roger, tanks for writing more about the breed, - it is my impression that wikipedia got their text from an American breeder, where they ought to get it from a Portuguese expert !

In this website you will find some interesting information about the legacy of Rui de Andrade, the real expert and where I've found most of the information.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 8:15 am

What to say that has not already been said? A body a little too short, eyes a little too big ... It is still very nice. Indeed, a little makeup by Anna or Kosta and we would have eyes that shine!
Thank you Susanne for this excellent walkaround and Rogério for the additional information.
I don't collect horses Laughing I don't collect horses Laughing I don't collect horses Laughing I don't collect horses Laughing
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 6:35 pm

The horse's face looks good! Interesting to read about the origin of the Sorraia.

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 9:18 pm

Very nice walkaround by Susanne, and very nice update about the breed by Rogerio Very Happy Applause cheers Thank you so much to the both of you Applause Applause cheers

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 7:13 am

very informative data and marvellous photos to show the details.
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 7:16 pm

I just ordered this beauty, I can't wait for him to come in, this is a stunning model

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 8:08 pm

Gwaine wrote:
I just ordered this beauty, I can't wait for him to come in, this is a stunning model

cheers flower

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 3:46 am

Thank`s to your wonderful walkaround I also went to one Schleich shop and got this mustang cheers
I didn`t think that there is any chance for me to want a Schleich horse from a long time... but.. surprise, surpriiiise Laughing
Now one Miracle in Bulgaria greets yours Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 7:38 am

costicuba wrote:
Now one Miracle in Bulgaria greets yours Very Happy

cheers That is so great !!! I hope many will get this model, so Schleich sees that they should make models of interesting breeds Wink

Lorelain

Lorelain

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 8:13 am

Probably the best one from another Schleich`s horses of the 2021 cheers Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D   Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorraia Mustang 13915 from 2021 :-D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: Schleich walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: