Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party

Go down 
+3
smallscaleworld
rogerpgvg
widukind
7 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party Empty
PostSubject: Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party   Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party EmptyTue 23 Feb 2021, 18:24

In a FB group for zoo things i found that. The owner allowed me to share this on STS

Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party 15253410
Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party 15233710
Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party 15331010
Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party 15270110

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party   Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party EmptyTue 23 Feb 2021, 19:04

Very nice. The chimps at the tea party have a better life than those in the cage. The chimps in the cage are Britains; Britains also made a chimp tea party.

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party   Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party EmptyTue 23 Feb 2021, 19:33

Taylor or Barrett for the boxed set? Can't remember which, but in lead it would have been Taylor & Barrett!!

H

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party   Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party EmptyTue 23 Feb 2021, 22:22

What a wonderful tea party, I love these vintage models! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party   Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party EmptyTue 23 Feb 2021, 22:58

I am sure that when the Portuguese Princess, Katerine of Braganza set the tea as a fashion in England, this kind of tea parties were not in her conjectures. I remember Willy talking a long time ago about the Britains set, now this one. It seems this kind of entertainement lasted for more than 50 years and the fact that these shows were replicated as souvenirs, show how much appreciated and popular they were. I understand, how much closer you are from a human, more you look like a perfect clown. Thus, we all know who are the perfect clowns.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party   Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party EmptyWed 24 Feb 2021, 08:18

Great sets !!! Please thank the owner for letting you show us the pictures Very Happy
It is amazing that they are in such a good condition !!

RogerGB , - yes, imagine it is not many years since wild animals were kept in cages like that Shocked
I don't consider myself extremely old, but can remember it .

RogerP, - as always you know the history Applause
This is very interesting, and makes the set extremely precious.

These days I would not be surprised if somebody wanted to forbid sets like these, just like the wonderful children's books by Laura Ingalls, Pipi Longstocking's father, several old songs etc.
"Uhh it is bad taste, so let's bury our history" : the children must not know geek

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party   Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party EmptyWed 24 Feb 2021, 19:23

I thought the toy manufacturers had a lot of imagination with their chimp tea parties, but I now realise that they really existed in zoos Shocked. There was even a tea producer that advertised on TV with chimp tea parties (the brand still exists): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5em8lQAcvg
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party   Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party EmptyWed 24 Feb 2021, 22:25

Yes,tea parties with not just chimps were very common in zoos up until the 1960s.The other things that were common as well at the same time were rides on camels and elephants and also carts pulled by Llamas. Rolling Eyes The TV chimps,I remember when I was younger and they were as you say used by a certain tea company and quite a common sight on TV.

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party   Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristol Zoo chimpanzee tea party
Page 1 of 1