Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns

Go down 
+4
Bonnie
RtasVadumee
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns Empty
PostSubject: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 5:26 pm

Hello friends!
I thought since a miracle was achieved last year, to find the white Papo gorilla, through collective forum assistance that it wouldn't hurt to post about this guy too. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This model variant was originally released with horns for a short time. The horns were later removed from the still produced figure (I have the later altered/polled bull in gray and the special red color. I just need the original release WITH horns). I dragged my feet getting the model when it released in 2012 and later of course, I couldn't locate one. I've messaged probably close to 100 vendors inquiring about their product; some were using the incorrect stock photo but most never replied. I've looked myself for years and have not been able to grab one yet. Does anyone have any more info on it? Does anyone know of a seller with one? Or can anyone keep their eye out for one for me? I'd be ever so grateful to locate just one...  sunny

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 7:18 pm

I hope you find one, but if you don't , please let me know Wink

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 10:51 pm

I remember I felt tricked when I received my hornless bull while the pic showed a horned one. But in the end, I don't care so if I ever find one, I'll tell you (unlikely though as I am not looking for it).

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 10:59 pm

Wow, I never knew so many variations existed in CollectA models, and this one is really interesting! Shocked I'll definitely keep a lookout for one, good luck in your search! sunny I've noticed that lots of Russian/ Romanian websites seem to be selling older CollectA models, I'm not sure why in particular it is these countries but looking for retired dogs these always pop up! Very Happy
EDIT: Just done some searching and a website called Ookee which I found before, has many rare CollectA sets and I'm sure therefore figure too- maybe you could try them, here is the link to the Brahma Bull: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I can always try to find links to the other Romanian/ Russian websites too if this one doesn't work! Very Happy

Last edited by Bonnie on Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 11:08 pm

I hope you can find it, Paige. Unfortunately CollectA is completely absent now in Portugal.
It would be interesting to reflect it on TAW. As far as I see, TAW has the rare model but not the most common.

RtasVadumee wrote:
I remember I felt tricked when I received my hornless bull while the pic showed a horned one. But in the end, I don't care so if I ever find one, I'll tell you (unlikely though as I am not looking for it).

Ben, sorry for my clock questions. I think the horned model was only available for a single year and when they introduced the red bull, they used the mould to the grey bull too.
Is there any chance, when you're at home, that you try to find the clock mark with the year of production if it exists at all... or any painted numbers?

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 4:32 am

Is this the model?.I didn't realise he was so special!!as I have the red polled version but not the grey one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 4:45 am

Thank you everyone! Lilias thanks for the links, I will check them out. I was hoping for a listing from a site I might be more familiar with but alas, I've looked high and low...

Thats the one! A very special figure indeed Taylor!

Roger I can provide photos of the polled gray bull sometime soon.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 4:47 am

Roger wrote:
I hope you can find it, Paige. Unfortunately CollectA is completely absent now in Portugal.
It would be interesting to reflect it on TAW. As far as I see, TAW has the rare model but not the most common.

RtasVadumee wrote:

Ben, sorry for my clock questions. I think the horned model was only available for a single year and when they introduced the red bull, they used the mould to the grey bull too.
Is there any chance, when you're at home, that you try to find the clock mark with the year of production if it exists at all... or any painted numbers?

Unfortunately, I just went back to my flat today so you'll have to wait for March 11th (my dog's birthday Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 6:53 am

Ben, maybe Paige can tell me it before your dog birhtday. ; It is the same mould as the red Brahman bull, it is likely marked 2013 but if it has the production date marking, I can have an idea when CollectA started producing the polled version discontinuing the horned model.
As the moulds are different just preserving the same product number, I will probably open a different page for each model calling one horned and the other polled. Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you everyone! Lilias thanks for the links, I will check them out. I was hoping for a listing from a site I might be more familiar with but alas, I've looked high and low...

Thats the one! A very special figure indeed Taylor!

Roger I can provide photos of the polled gray bull sometime soon.

Thanks Paige, I will open a specific page to put your model. TAW is also important when we are able of adding these subtle things that only collectors know. study Very Happy

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 10:05 am

As far as I know Roger, CollectA models don't have the clock symbol, which is really rather annoying Rolling Eyes

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 10:24 am

Advicot wrote:
As far as I know Roger, CollectA models don't have the clock symbol, which is really rather annoying Rolling Eyes

It is a pity, so I will assume the earlier mould was replaced in 2013.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 7:19 am

This one is mine:

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 9:12 am

Wonderful photos of this rarity Taylor and Fernando, it's always good to know when these rare models are in the hands of collectors! cheers cheers Hopefully Paige will be able to find one too! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 11:02 am

Such a beautiful model Fernando!

Roger, there is indeed no clock on this model. But your info sounds right to me, the horned version only was produced for about a year until the red color edition came out, then they just replaced it with a gray polled figure.

Here is the polled gray and his red friend for TAW.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 12:28 am

Thanks Fernando and Paige. I will use your pictures and the two grey zebu versions on TAW will be documented as they should be.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptyThu May 06, 2021 8:40 am

Just wanted to bump this topic as I am still looking for this handsome bull! If anyone has any more possible leads please feel free to share here or PM me. I would be so grateful to find one someday. sunny

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 10:59 am

Hello my friends! I wanted to bump this topic too. Anyone know where I can find one or is willing to part with one? thank you!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns   Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns Empty

Back to top Go down

Searching for a rare mould variant of CollectA #88579 Brahma bull with horns
Page 1 of 1