Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison

Go down 
+4
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
RtasVadumee
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison Empty
PostSubject: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 3:19 am

Hi,

I may be interested in the goliath grouper from Safari and found that picture on Paige's topic :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

May I have a comparison with any shark from any brand please ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 3:41 am

I don't have it, but I can tell you it is an Incredible Creatures figure, so it will be big. It will not scale with 'standard' sharks
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 4:58 am

I can comply with some photos tomorrow. But as Blaine said its an IC, it could eat most of my sharks for breakfast.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 7:52 am

If you are searching for a grouper wich (approximatively Wink) fit with your sharks, you must go for the Kaiyodos.
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 7:58 am

Or you have to search for the Golitah Grouper from this set:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But it´s very rare...
You might find it on sandspielfiguren.de
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 9:39 am

Ok, thanks ! And what about the stingrays ? From the dimensions they all look huge.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 7:00 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Ok, thanks ! And what about the stingrays ? From the dimensions they all look huge.

Trendmaster and "Made in China" have small stingrays

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 11:24 pm

Here is the Safari grouper with a few select sharks to gice an idea on size. Hope the photo helps you!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 11:30 pm

But... why do you all say it's too big ?!! A goliath grouper can weigh up to 450 kg !

If you don't take the Schleich tiny great white into account it's as acceptable as a Diana monkey...

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 11:49 pm

I think for this species, it is quite fine in terms of scale. Its actually fairly small for most IC figures. I just wasn't sure how big or small you were looking for... its a truly great fish model detail wise! Obviously the bass in my old photo on the other hand... must have been exposed to radiation. Wink And to defend my Schleich White shark... he is just a baby! He will grow to be the next Jaws someday.  Laughing Watch out!

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 7:48 am

Goliath groupers are huge, but no way that they are as big as sand tiger sharks and longer than zebra sharks. It scales well with the nurse shark and the blacktip in the photo

Thanks for make me realize how small the older Schleich great white is. Is the newer version (open mouth) bigger, or same sized?

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 10:19 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Goliath groupers are huge, but no way that they are as big as sand tiger sharks and longer than zebra sharks. It scales well with the nurse shark and the blacktip in the photo

Thanks for make me realize how small the older Schleich great white is. Is the newer version (open mouth) bigger, or same sized?

It is even too big for the nurse shark.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 11:33 am

Or the sharks are too small ??? Laughing

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 11:43 am

Goliath grouper : up to 2.5 m & 455 kg
Sand tiger shark : up to 3.2 m &... 158 kg
Zebra shark : up to 3.5 m (but average 2.5-3 m) & 30 kg
Nurse shark : up to 3.08 m & 350 kg

On that picture, the sand tiger shark and nurse shark are longer than the grouper and the zebra is short even compared with other sharks.

The Safari grouper would fit as a huge individual and, considering I'm a zoology redneck, there is no way a grouper in my collection is gonna be anything else than the most humongous monster possible. So sorry guys, but that figure is perfect and I can find far more shocking ones in your collections (I already know for Isidro and it shouldn't be so difficult to find in Christophe's).
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 12:50 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Goliath grouper : up to 2.5 m & 455 kg
Sand tiger shark : up to 3.2 m &... 158 kg
Zebra shark : up to 3.5 m (but average 2.5-3 m) & 30 kg
Nurse shark : up to 3.08 m & 350 kg

On that picture, the sand tiger shark and nurse shark are longer than the grouper and the zebra is short even compared with other sharks.

The Safari grouper would fit as a huge individual and, considering I'm a zoology redneck, there is no way a grouper in my collection is gonna be anything else than the most humongous monster possible. So sorry guys, but that figure is perfect and I can find far more shocking ones in your collections (I already know for Isidro and it shouldn't be so difficult to find in Christophe's).

If you are happy like that, it's great for me Laughing

Nevertheless 2,5m is the max size for a huge Goliath grouper and 3m is a standart size for a Nurse shark, the Max size is more 4,5m. It only means I would never put them on the same shelf, but it is only my choice.

By the way, what do you expect to find shocking in my collection ? It is a very funny and intriguing sentence Laughing
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 1:45 pm

Anyway, there is as much size discrepancy between the sharks than between any shark and that grouper... If you want your Safari nurse shark to be a 4.5m individual, then the sand tiger shark is way too big too...

Kikimalou wrote:
By the way, what do you expect to find shocking in my collection ? It is a very funny and intriguing sentence Laughing

We all have figures way too big and way too small compared with the rest in our collections, I'm pretty sure you have the Mojo black macaque which scales with nothing else than the proboscis monkey from the same brand. Well, a Safari grouper the size of a nurse shark is less shocking to me than a black macaque the size of a female gorilla but that's my point of view...

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 5:20 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Anyway, there is as much size discrepancy between the sharks than between any shark and that grouper... If you want your Safari nurse shark to be a 4.5m individual, then the sand tiger shark is way too big too...

Rtas, it's not my pic and I agree with you, nearly none of these sharks would be on the same shelf at home. I only spoke about the Nurse shark and grouper. The Grouper is too big even for a "common" nurse shark IMHO.

RtasVadumee wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

We all have figures way too big and way too small compared with the rest in our collections, I'm pretty sure you have the Mojo black macaque which scales with nothing else than the proboscis monkey from the same brand. Well, a Safari grouper the size of a nurse shark is less shocking to me than a black macaque the size of a female gorilla but that's my point of view...

First I never saw a shoking collection or something shoking in anyone else collection since I meet collectors, and I met a lot. I think every collection reflects her or his owner and it is always a very interresting thing. So I love discovering the way my friends are building their collection because I like to be surprise and discover other ways of thinking and loving. I follow some of us for more than 10 years now, seeing the change in their collection. My own current collection has "been inspired" by a number of us. All of the STS elders have influenced me and I know that my collection has influenced more than one, and that's good.

What a black macaque could answer to a Pot-bellied pig ?  Laughing  I think it is very funny, sometimes boring, to think that a model is too big or too small, it is absolutely meaningless for me. To small than what, to small for who ?  Laughing In my "modern collection" I have animals from scale "bigger than 1:1 to more than 1:100. I have for now 45 shelves for them. So I have the Black crested macaque surrounded by many friends on the 1:8 shelf and the mojo Proboscis monkey is on one of my 1:10 shelves with many other friends.

I have the chance to take care about scales and to collect the models I love without looking at their size. If I have a place it works  Wink  my main problem is I don't have enough place now because I had to reduce by half the number of my displays and have to say good bye to a lot of things. I'm not so sad, I live this like a new challenge. After all still having more than 45 shelves is not so bad.

I also have to rebuild my "vintage" collection, where my models are displayed by material, composition, hollowcast lead, aluminium and plastic because this is the way I want to look at them.

When this job will be done I will show my whole new displays and they are very different from the pics I showed in 2012.

Finally, I don't find it shocking either that a collector places his Celebes Macaque next to his Proboscis monkey, what does it matter if it's beautiful ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison   Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd Goliath grouper comparison
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: Comparison topics-
Jump to: