Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections Empty
PostSubject: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 3:41 am

Aquatic Tube Billfish:
This billfish figure, listed by ToyAnimal.info as a Black Marlin, is not marked, so there is no reason it can’t be a sailfish. This probably what it was intended to be, given the shape of the dorsal fin.

Canadian Wildlife Tube Loon:
The color of the K&M Loon’s bill is yellow, and yet the entry is categorized under Common Loon. Change the species to Yellow-billed Loon.

Insects Tube Ant:
The K&M Ant should be given a “Red imported fire ant” page.

North American Polybag figures and associated Nayab Extralarge releases:
The incorrect page “Nayab Lynx Esxtralarge” should be merged into “Nayab Lynx Extralarge”, the photos from the former added, and “Eurasian lynx” and “Canada lynx” entered into the  “animal” section along with “Bobcat”.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(This multi-species format would be similar to the format of “Animal” section of the page for the Nayab Extralarge Badger)
The phrase “ so, the species identification here proposed is conjectural” would be unnecessary now that all possible options are linked into the entry.
Do the same with the Extralarge Beaver: enter “Eurasian beaver” into the “Animal” section with “North American Beaver”.

Rubber Bamboo and Epaulette Sharks:
The paint job of the first photo of the Epaulette Shark looks like the a Whitespotted Bamboo Shark (overall beige with white spots and brown stripes). This should be moved into its own page, of its own new species page, “Whitespotted bamboo shark” within “carpet sharks”.
The other photo, by cmj3, will be the sole representative paint job of the “K&M Epaulette Shark”.
Since this change would make the shark in “K&M Bamboo Shark” no longer the only bamboo shark by K&M, change the title of that page to “K&M Brownbanded Bamboo Shark”.

Rubber Lacertids:
The K&M Rubber Lizards 1 and 2 are a a Bocage’s Wall Lizard and an Sicilian Wall Lizard, respectively.

K&M Rubber Lizard 1-> Bocage’s Wall Lizard

K&M Rubber Lizard 2-> Sicilian Wall Lizard
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 7:52 am

Birdsage wrote:
Aquatic Tube Billfish:
This billfish figure, listed by ToyAnimal.info as a Black Marlin, is not marked, so there is no reason it can’t be a sailfish. This probably what it was intended to be, given the shape of the dorsal fin.

Canadian Wildlife Tube Loon:
The color of the K&M Loon’s bill is yellow, and yet the entry is categorized under Common Loon. Change the species to Yellow-billed Loon.

this job is done  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 10:24 am

I also edited TAW according wit your suggestions to the ant and bamboo sharks. I will take a look at the other suggestions later.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 9:07 pm

Birdsage wrote:

Rubber Lacertids:
The K&M Rubber Lizards 1 and 2 are a a Bocage’s Wall Lizard and an Sicilian Wall Lizard, respectively.

K&M Rubber Lizard 1-> Bocage’s Wall Lizard

K&M Rubber Lizard 2-> Sicilian Wall Lizard

I enjoy your identifications for these wall lizards, especially when there is one endemic from my country and with the name of a Portuguese personality. It is surprising for me this choice for a North American brand. I tried to check and I assume these are very hard to identify for me. They show color variations between specimens. Are you confortable with these identifications? Pictures are convincent but I am not confortable with the subject.

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 3:03 pm

This is a late reply, but I think my IDs for the lizards are sound.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 3:30 pm

Roger wrote:
I also edited TAW according wit your suggestions to the ant and bamboo sharks. I will take a look at the other suggestions later.

That ant is generic as they come and cannot be attributed to any species. Putting the 'red imported fire ant' name on it is futile. If someone wants to database it as that in their collection, that's fine of course, but could be misleading on TAI.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 3:32 pm

I noticed that there is no such page for fire ants anyway on the site.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 3:45 pm

Birdsage wrote:
I noticed that there is no such page for fire ants anyway on the site.

there are two figures specifically marketed as fire ants: 1) the Safari Ltd HK figure and 2) the 2021 Takara Dangerous Creatures Encyclopedia ant (although the Takara figure is morphologically wrong for a fire ant)
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 3:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
So there is a page?
Then why is the link in “ants” red, and why does the page link to “wasps”?
And, why aren’t the Club Earth ants on there?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 4:25 pm

Birdsage wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
So there is a page?
Then why is the link in “ants” red, and why does the page link to “wasps”?
And, why aren’t the Club Earth ants on there?

Navigation on TAI is often a pain. The 'go back to' is often several taxonomic layers up (or in this case, incorrect), so you have to go 'up the ladder' and then 'back down the ladder' to the desired level.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 4:27 pm

I understand. There’s lots of levels to keep track of.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 11:25 am

The Wild Republic Ant is now moved back to a generic ant and removed from the imported red. Also, the link returning to the wasp page was fixed. It was a editing mistake. TAW taxonomy pages are adjusted and readjusted according with the species introduced, thus, often some levels are introduced what means loads of pages need to be edited. Thus, it is important that you keep checking these mistakes but more important was to find more editors for such a huge Wiki.

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 2:04 pm

Now, can you please fix the Club Earth ants and add their species pages? And put the Kaiyodo Argentine Ant in the proper species page?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 3:05 pm

Birdsage wrote:
Now, can you please fix the Club Earth ants and add their species pages? And put the Kaiyodo Argentine Ant in the proper species page?

Sure, as a collector of anteaters I suspect it must be my personal task.
That is a lot of work actually but thanks for telling, I will take care of it.

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections   Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections Empty

Back to top Go down

Wild Republic (and Nayab models used by Wild Republic) Corrections
Page 1 of 1