Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas

Go down 
+8
halichoeres
Burgerenby
George
Caracal
A-J
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Ana
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 8:04 pm

I'm so happy to hear that you like the idea! Very Happy cheers
I'll open the first topic right now where you can start sending the before photos of your chosen models Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Ana

Ana

An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 8:41 pm

George wrote:
How about that internet-famous pied peacock who's half-colour and half-white? Photos of him have been doing the rounds online for several years, he's very pretty and kind of looks like a blank white model partly painted into colour. I'm too new to the forum to be allowed to post links yet, but if you google image search 'half colour peacock', the first result is the exact picture I'm thinking of.
I like this idea too! I've just googled it and it looks like it's half painted indeed! How cool! Very Happy

Burgerenby wrote:

Oh, that's a mood haha.
I still have so many planned repaint and resculpt projects left but on some days I just lie in my bed and stare holes into the ceiling.
It's an endless circle of feeling bad due to no creative distraction and not engaging in a creative distraction due to feeling bad.
A monthly theme would be a fun way to motivate.

Oh wow, I think you are super productive! And time for staring at the ceiling is really important too, your brain absolutely needs some time to recharge, please don't feel guilty about it. Will be great if you join, of course! cheers

Kikimalou wrote:
I like the sloth symbol a lot Laughing cheers Applause

Yess!! cheers

A-J wrote:
We could always go for a sloth mascot that is holding a paintingbrush/covered in paint to add colours scratch depends on how realistic we want the mascot to be.

Oh cool, that sounds awesome! I think it doesn't have to be realistic. Whatever style you like doing the most and whatever you can draw and have fun Very Happy

Bonnie wrote:
The peacock and sloth are both fantastic ideas! cheers Very Happy
I'd of course always suggest a dog, but I'm struggling to think of an artistic breed! Laughing I think Picasso owned a Dachshund called Lump, and Dachshunds are typically seen as very long slow breeds- but I'd be very happy with any mascot that's picked! Very Happy

cheers  cheers

halichoeres wrote:
What a fun idea. May is a difficult month for me, but I might be able to squeeze in a few sessions on weekends. I definitely have a big backlog (perhaps 30 figures, either pewter or 3d-printed).

I hope you can squeeze some painting time then, and join us Very Happy

Miss Jane wrote:
I wholeheartedly second this idea! There are some of us that see the amazing Breyer on NaMo Paimo and think that our own customs aren't anything like the quality of Breyer pastels (lets just also say Pastelling is expensive and some people can't afford Breyer or Pastels) so I never enter.
I feel a lot more comfortable with acrylics and Schleich type models as well - because they aren't super smooth they need a lot less work with priming and the final coat, and the textured plastic takes a lot better to the acrylics.
I would absolutely love to do something like this, it's a great idea.
Just my 2 cents =)

I'm so happy to hear that you like the idea, Anna! Would be amazing if you join! Very Happy

Friends, if you have made your choice already, you can post the before photo [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2021 12:02 am

I've ordered some new packs of paint brushes, cos I'm running out of non-scummed-up ratty ones and wanted to make sure I'd got a fresh batch in for this challenge. And I've got my reference pictures ready - looking forward to it!

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2021 12:30 pm

Yay sounds great! For me, getting new art supplies is always motivating and I'm getting excited to start painting already Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 8:58 pm

This sounds like fun! I would like to participate! Very Happy
Will have to check which model I might chose...
Thank you Ana for organizing this event! sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 11:07 pm

the sloth could be painting himself/herself ? as the logo - half unpainted, half painted, with the paint brush in his claws Very Happy

some ideas for the name ?

STS MPM

STS mopamodel  (STS monthly painting model)

STS mopmodel

mopmodelSTS

mopamodelsts

or even a new name, as in calling it a 'Paint Over' ?

PO.STS

or RePaint Over ?

repo.sts

or using the sloth to embody the painting task, it could be called

Slothing (slow painting)

sts.slothing

and I will look out a model to paint too, thank you Anna for starting this:)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 8:25 pm

I can't wait to see what comes out of this cheers

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 9:57 am

sunny wrote:
the sloth could be painting himself/herself ? as the logo - half unpainted, half painted, with the paint brush in his claws Very Happy

some ideas for the name ?

STS MPM

STS mopamodel  (STS monthly painting model)

STS mopmodel

mopmodelSTS

mopamodelsts

or even a new name, as in calling it a 'Paint Over' ?

PO.STS

or RePaint Over ?

repo.sts

or using the sloth to embody the painting task, it could be called

Slothing (slow painting)

sts.slothing

and I will look out a model to paint too, thank you Anna for starting this:)

Oh, I just saw your post, thank you for all the cool ideas! sunny
I think maybe STS painting month will be the choice for now, as it´s simply the first idea. I didn´t realize how fast May has come Laughing

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 5:28 pm

I've just realised it was last May we allocated as Model Painting Month, it doesn't seem like nearly a year ago! Will there be another this year?

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2022 9:57 am

Wow, a whole year! Shocked That has gone fast! It would be wonderful to do another, with exams it may be a struggle but I really enjoyed the event last year! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2022 10:01 am

I would love a new event this year! It was so much fun!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2022 11:16 am

Hi everyone! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed this event last year and would like to do it again! cheers

I think we can do it a similar way this year too. We had 3 separate topics last year, right? One for "singing up" with your chosen animal model (before photo), one for works in progress and discussion, and lastly a topic dedicated to pictures of your finished work. And early in June, I will make a photo collage with all of the finished models, possibly also design a postcard to send to all of you. How does it sound?

Shall I open the first topic, for the before pictures of your models?

Somehow May will be unusually busy for me this year so I can start painting only after the 10th of May. But it was the same last year too, so I guess I'll be fine Smile

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2022 11:37 am

Sounds good!
I'm looking foreward to it cheers

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2022 1:40 pm

Yay!! Sounds great!
Will check and for a victim for this year! Laughing Very Happy cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2022 2:30 pm

OK for another round! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 1:27 am

wonderful! excited to take part again!
thank you Anna
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas   An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

An idea for a painting event - asking for opinions and more ideas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: