Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model

Go down 
+16
sunny
pipsxlch
Burgerenby
Birdsage
Gecko08
Kikimalou
Babdo
NightLioness
Caracal
Advicot
George
A-J
halichoeres
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Ana
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 11:03 pm

Thanks to you both Anne-Joke and Bonnie! :)
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 12:54 am

Ana wrote:
Awesome choices! Very Happy I'll post a photo of my victim soon too.

Lilias, you can for example use Apoxie (clay or sculpt) or Miliput for filling the gap on the neck if you like.  I've never tried Wepam paste, but it also sounds like a good product. Smile

@halichores please, tell us which one is your official model (for the final collage) and which one is an extra? Of course, you can paint as many as you like but for the event, it's one official model per person, please Smile  
Also, please, tell me how each of these species is called? I have 0 knowledge of prehistoric plants study

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Oh, my mistake! 'Officially" I'll do the Pterophyllum (the one that looks like a cycad, although it is not). The skinny one is called Pleuromeia.

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 8:58 am

Caracal wrote:
here my next repaint: the cheeta from Clairet:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

..till now, I didn't dare because I had few.. It wouldn't be too hard to meliorate its painting..  :)

Awesome choice Very Happy

halichoeres wrote:
Ana wrote:
Awesome choices! Very Happy I'll post a photo of my victim soon too.

Lilias, you can for example use Apoxie (clay or sculpt) or Miliput for filling the gap on the neck if you like.  I've never tried Wepam paste, but it also sounds like a good product. Smile

@halichores please, tell us which one is your official model (for the final collage) and which one is an extra? Of course, you can paint as many as you like but for the event, it's one official model per person, please Smile  
Also, please, tell me how each of these species is called? I have 0 knowledge of prehistoric plants study

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Oh, my mistake! 'Officially" I'll do the Pterophyllum (the one that looks like a cycad, although it is not). The skinny one is called Pleuromeia.

Great, thank you! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 9:44 am

Oohh this sounds fun!!
Oh goodness I wish I had time.... Maybe?
We are rebuilding our new house this year, lots of work.
Very busy.... Have to think about this one...

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 10:11 am

Hello,
I have a tin figure that I want to paint. I never had paint a tin model so I need more knowledge what to do.
I have also a book about Railwaypolice and their uniforms and some information about their dogs.
See here:
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 10:14 am

NightLioness wrote:
Oohh this sounds fun!!
Oh goodness I wish I had time.... Maybe?
We are rebuilding our new house this year, lots of work.
Very busy.... Have to think about this one...

Oh yes, the house is more important, and very time-consuming for sure! Lots of work, I can imagine that it's not much left for anything else.
But maybe if you choose for a small and easy (one color?) model? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 2:19 pm

Babdo wrote:
Hello,
I have a tin figure that I want to paint. I never had paint a tin model so I need more knowledge what to do.
I have also a book about Railwaypolice and their uniforms and some information about their dogs.
See here:
Wonderful choice, I'm really looking forward to seeing the result! cheers Especially with the lovely German Shepherd! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 8:58 am

I will do the job on this one: Mininature Kirk's dik-dik Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 10:30 am

Which brand please?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 10:50 am

Stijn aka Mininature, you can follow his shapeways production [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 12:11 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Yay, that's super exciting! cheers sunny

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 2:49 pm

Good choice

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 9:26 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

A perfect choice! sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 3:43 pm

I’ve always wanted to get shapeways figures of prehistoric life (my picks would be mostly non dinosaurs from shapeways). Maybe I will be able to get some soon.

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 4:22 pm

cheers it's so much fun to see the challenges everyone has decided to tackle

I have decided that my little fennec will be my official STS Model Painting Month figure bounce bounce

Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by A-J on Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 4:50 pm

There are quite a few figures that I need to paint, but I am not very skilled, and I keep postponing to do it. Perhaps I can do something not too ambitious. A while ago, I bought these 1/35 scale rats:

They are very small, so I may be able to complete the project Very Happy.

There are 25 of them (6 different models), but I believe we aren’t allowed to paint more than one for the STS painting month. That’s great, as painting two would be rather overambitious Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 4:53 pm

In the image on the box, it looks like one has been run over? That's a very funny set!

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 5:02 pm

Yes, that's right. And if I don't like the rat I painted then there is poison to kill it Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 8:57 pm

Excellent choices everyone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 8:06 am

Great idea Anne-Joke and Roger Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 7:57 pm

I would repaint the Disney Pocahontas Mule Deer Buck. Its color is bright orange and completely inaccurate regarding color, but the forked antlers are spot on for Mule Deer (side note; the choice of species for this particular franchise might not have been accurate, as it is the Whitetail that is found in Virginia). This is thus the perfect candidate for repainting in my collection![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 9:06 pm

Wonderful choice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 8:39 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 2:56 pm

The Science & Nature numbat definitely needs a better coat.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 3:30 pm

.. and we can trust you to give one to him! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model   STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

STS Model Painting Month - ASSIGN HERE with the BEFORE photo of your model
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next