Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Project : Rtas' farm of freaks

Go down 
+11
Duck-Anch-Amun
Advicot
George
Jill
Roger
Bonnie
SUSANNE
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
RtasVadumee
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 11:05 pm

Taos wrote:
With regards to your Chihuahua he could be the 'deer' type.Originally there were 2 types of Chihuahua but when they were standardised for showing they went for the 'Applehead' type and this is the commonest one seen today.The deer type however can still occur and these tend to be longer legged,lighter, with less rounded head and a bit more terrier like.

INDEED ! I checked pictures on google and he's exactly like that !!! drunken
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Ladytilly

Ladytilly

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 2:39 am

RtasVadumee wrote:
Taos wrote:
With regards to your Chihuahua he could be the 'deer' type.Originally there were 2 types of Chihuahua but when they were standardised for showing they went for the 'Applehead' type and this is the commonest one seen today.The deer type however can still occur and these tend to be longer legged,lighter, with less rounded head and a bit more terrier like.

I believe it's even possible to combine the 'Apple' head with the 'Deer' body, and vice versa!
Very cute boy, by the way!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 9:19 pm

Ladytilly wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:
Taos wrote:

I believe it's even possible to combine the 'Apple' head with the 'Deer' body, and vice versa!
Very cute boy, by the way!
Oh yes, definitely, I forgot about this, thanks Taylor! Very Happy He is such a gorgeous Chihuahua! Very Happy
And I've also heard it said that when you breed the two together you get what's called a 'Pear-headed' Chihuahua! Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 9:28 pm

Glad to have helped out!! Smile Smile Smile

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 1:28 am

The first inhabitants of my farm are here : Benjamine and her calf cheers

Indeed, in my Netflix adaptation of the Animal Farm, Benjamin will be portrayed by a strong and brave single mom Laughing

I'm kidding, I'm just still undecided about which male to choose : old or new Papo.

These two figures are, anyway, pure golden age classy Schleich as I love. They are not in perfect mint condition, the mother having a few scratches on the muzzle but that was an unique opportunity to get both the female and calf at the same time for a cheap price (10€ for both).

Next arrival will be the Boer goats Roger advised me and then, the whole Papo bunch will follow as soon as the shops open again.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 1:59 am

What a good looking pair to start things off! Very Happy Love that foal's sweet face.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 8:48 am

Beautiful Schleich donkeys! I think your farm has already some inhabitants lost in the wild, won't you get those in too?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 9:58 am

I love these Poitous more than any of the Papo representatives. The old Papo even looks like it was crossed with a sheep. I think also that the Papo donkey will be not interested in that Schleich lady, you must manage a way to give him a Poitevin mare.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 11:16 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 12:01 pm

Roger wrote:
I love these Poitous more than any of the Papo representatives. The old Papo even looks like it was crossed with a sheep. I think also that the Papo donkey will be not interested in that Schleich lady, you must manage a way to give him a Poitevin mare.

The old Papo looks perfect affraid Poitou-Donkeys have to look like a sheep^^ I love it when they are fuzzy and this guy reminds me of a donkey that was living in my neighbourhood. Beside there height, I think the fuzziness is what makes them so special Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 5:12 pm

spacelab wrote:
Beautiful Schleich donkeys! I think your farm has already some inhabitants lost in the wild, won't you get those in too?

Yes but only the Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs, the watusis will remain with my African fauna, and the llamas, dromedaries, alpacas, peafowls etc... will remain in the wild collection too.

Roger wrote:

I don't understand, do you mean they won't fit aesthetically ?

By the way, "your" goats arrived this morning, thanks for showing them to me.

Released in 2002, during what I consider as the transition period between the stone and golden ages of Schleich, they are quite vintage and not as finely textured as nowadays models. Yet, they are still very acceptable in a modern collection and one will easily recognize the typical charm of Schleich oldies. I bought them on Gaschers.de, certainly the best internet shop in Europe for retired Schleich. Unfortunately, the kid was not available but I have no doubt I will find it on a second-hand website sooner or later. That breed, with its large ears and exotic origins, is exactly what I'm looking for in a farm of the unusual. They may be joined by the Papo angoran goat from local shop.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 11:17 pm

Oh, I thought you were aware that these Boer goats are not new models at all. However, i think they only bear a slight vintage touch, nothing disturbing and still a beautiful family for a farm. The kid was also the last of my trio, I am sure you will find it.

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Roger wrote:

The old Papo looks perfect affraid Poitou-Donkeys have to look like a sheep^^ I love it when they are fuzzy and this guy reminds me of a donkey that was living in my neighbourhood. Beside there height, I think the fuzziness is what makes them so special Very Happy

I remember a a few hairy donkeys living in my neighbourhood but none of them looked like a sheep. Laughing
I never had the chance of seeing a Poitou or if I have seen it, I thought it was a sheep.

RtasVadumee wrote:
Roger wrote:

I don't understand, do you mean they won't fit aesthetically ?

No, these poitou jacks stallions are almost exclusively crossed with Poitevin mares to produce Poitevin mules.
Seriously, benjamin, look at a female Poitou donkey and a Poitevin mare and tell me which one would you choose if you were a Jack? tongue

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 11:55 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 2:20 pm

Beautiful goats and donkeys, and excellent choices for your farm! cheers
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 3:52 pm

Roger wrote:
Oh, I thought you were aware that these Boer goats are not new models at all. However, i think they only bear a slight vintage touch, nothing disturbing and still a beautiful family for a farm. The kid was also the last of my trio, I am sure you will find it.

Don't worry, I love them !

Roger wrote:
No, these poitou jacks stallions are almost exclusively crossed with Poitevin mares to produce Poitevin mules.
Seriously, benjamin, look at a female Poitou donkey and a Poitevin mare and tell me which one would you choose if you were a Jack? tongue

Oh, I was not aware about "Poitevin mares" but that parallel reality you are describing certainly sounds much enjoyable to me Laughing (I wonder if horse stallions are destined to the slaughterhouse in that equine ideal world ? Twisted Evil )

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 10:29 am

RtasVadumee wrote:
!
Roger wrote:

Oh, I was not aware about "Poitevin mares" but that parallel reality you are describing certainly sounds much enjoyable to me Laughing (I wonder if horse stallions are destined to the slaughterhouse in that equine ideal world ? Twisted Evil )

Laughing Surely not, it is an endangered breed and when you produce these mules over crossing two breeds, you first need to warrant the continuity of these breeds. Also Wikipedia is clear about the slaughterhouse.

"Poitevin is a slow-growing breed with heavy bone, and is not suitable for meat production." Wink

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 5:42 pm

Well, Benjamin finally joined the farm. He's way more handsome than on his profile promo pic. No match with any Poitevin mare but with a fellow Poitou single mother.

I hesitated a lot over this casting choice because the older rendition had a darker, more similar colour to the Schleich mare and foal but the sculpt of the new one is way better and definitely less silly-looking. I, moreover, found a sample with nicely painted eyes.

I also bought the originally planned goats before the Boer were suggested by Roger as an additional breed. I'm talking about the Angora nanny with her kid.

Again, a great looking model definitely better in real than on pics I had seen on this forum. I remember that, not long ago actually, Papo had a very bad reputation as far as farm animals were concerned. But with this goat and the Highland cow, silkie hen and Merino pair which are all going to join soon, they significantly improved.

Here are all my goats together :

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:41 pm

Oh, the Papo Poitou is very handsome, and I like the way they've interpreted his long coat with a neat smooth finish, not really rough - I might end up being tempted to expand my herd of hairy donks, too!

The angora goats are very nice, too, I was cuddling a real life angora kid this morning (he lives next door to my horse and insists on occasional hugs, hahah) so it's nice co-incidence to see models of the same breed in the same day. Another difficult hair texture captured pretty well!

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:55 pm

Really great farm start! The Schleich Boers are a must, such beautiful art pieces really. Great new collection!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 9:26 pm

Nice again

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 10:10 pm

Beautiful models! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 11:36 am

I am also positively impressed with your Benjamin. I must check locally if there is a Poitou available to see if I can resist.
Papo must release a Poitevin mare, and a mule to represent in their range something very peculiar from France.
The reputation of Papo farm models was not always the best because when we compare the early cattle of Papo with what Schleich offered at the same time, there is a huge gap in quality where Schleich models are far superior.
Though, I don't think Schleich improved their quality in this regard during the last years while we already can find some great models among newer Papo cattle figures.
It is not the same with wildlife, if you compare the first generation of Papo giraffes with the contemporary Schleich models, you'll find that the German figures are much better but if you compare the Papo lioness, early variations with the corresponding Schleich, the Papo model is clearly superior. OK, the Schleich lioness available in 2006 was much nicer than the Papo giraffes or zebras and the Schleich 2007 lioness, clearly a response to the Papo model, is a nice figure even if not as good as Papo's. This consistency among Schleich figures was one of the things that contributed to a much better reputation of the German company. Papo was still giving its first steps and in the same range you could find a really ugly zebra or poor giraffe with a masterful lioness while in Schleich range there weren't really very bad figures even if a few were also not as good as the corresponding Papo masterpieces. Papo gained some consistency these last years and ironically quality of Schleich figures is more variable these days. Who is really working perfectly in this regard is CollectA. The fact they are replacing core models, may result a little boring to species collectors but it contributes to a huge increase in average quality of the range they're offering. Who could guess CollectA could present such a glorious hippo? Oh, I am just wandering.... Laughing

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 7:57 pm

Hi !

I tend to give priority to the updates of the main collection, that's why I have quite a few farm additions from several weeks ago that I still have not presented on forum. Today is kind of the first lazy day since ages so it's time to fix that.

First of all, some cattle arrived to the farm. I remind you that the two selected breeds are the Texas longhorn and the Highland cattle.

The Texas longhorn family will be a brand-blended one. The choice of that breed was basically motivated by the announcement of CollectA's bull which is already a masterpiece even before being released ! In the meantime, his future wife the Schleich cow is very welcome in my ranch as it is also a gorgeous model.

I didn't really study the calf matter but I assume a new one was released alongside this cow.

As far as the Highland cattle is concerned, the decision was here again motivated by the very recent release of two new (and very beautiful) renditions one year apart from each other by Papo and Schleich. The competition is thus fierce between the two giants from both sides of the Rhine and despite being well-known as a collaborator (I even bet on Germany against all my colleagues for last monday match), I decided to opt for the status quo in that particular case and make both brands' soldiers become bovine Romeo and Juliet in my collection. Indeed, Papo and Schleich were convenient enough to give their respective models different genders. The marriage is actually one of the most convincing ever and I won't even try to crown a favourite.

I know there is a retired calf from Schleich's previous generation and will likely look for it on Vinted at some point when I'll have nothing else to do.

After the goats, I also expanded my caprine family with some wooly relatives.

These merinos are not the breed which was initially planned (it was Jacob's four-horned sheep) but who can seriously resist that amazing fat neck scuplting ? They are one more proof that Papo is now able to rival Schleich on farm animals and are definitely weird-looking enough to qualify for the "freak label" I'm so attached to.

Finally, the rabbit pair will be a mixed-race one and I look forward to see the offsprings of their union.

I like them both for one good reason : they are big, they are bulky, they would be three times the size of my dog if they were alive animals, they are true farm rabbits and not cutish dwarf pet ones as all I already have from Schleich in tribute to the real one I once kept.

I let you vote for which one you want to be daddy and which one you want to be mommy Laughing

Now, I only miss the silkie hen from what is available locally, then it will be time for a big CollectA online order to fill the gaps.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 10:04 pm

These are all beautiful choices, I love those two rabbits at the end, really lovely models! cheers
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 9:09 am

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project : Rtas' farm of freaks   Project : Rtas' farm of freaks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Project : Rtas' farm of freaks
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next