Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)

Go down 
+14
Shanti
Megaptera
LukaLeon085
spacelab
Joliezac
pipsxlch
Kikimalou
donny ong
SUSANNE
Roger
Bonnie
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
George
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Oct 2021 - 19:09

Beautiful new additions and pictures! I too made multiple large orders close together because things have been on sale and I’m afraid figures will be out of stock. Plus prices keep rising Crying or Very sad

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Oct 2021 - 21:06

Really lovely new additions! I love the new feral/wild breeds they have released.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Oct 2021 - 21:10

Nice additions and great photos.Will have to give consideration to these models!!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Oct 2021 - 8:56

Congrats

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Oct 2021 - 10:09

Joliezac wrote:
Beautiful new additions and pictures! I too made multiple large orders close together because things have been on sale and I’m afraid figures will be out of stock. Plus prices keep rising Crying or Very sad

Yeah, in previous years I've been happy to pick a few releases and leave the rest on my little CollectA wishlist til later, confident they'd be around whenever I felt like deciding to catch up on them, but this year's just not like that - there's a feeling of having to get stuff while it's there cos once it's gone it might just stay gone.

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Really lovely new additions! I love the new feral/wild breeds they have released.

Yeah, I'm really fond of the feral types, it's lovely to see them in model form when most companies seem to concentrate on the usual stock/gaited/competition/show type 'proper' horses Laughing
Plus I once had a loan horse who was half exmoor and came feral from the moor, I rode a brilliant Dartmoor at the riding school, and my own 'big pony', though domestic bred and raised, has New Forest heritage, so I've got a good link to all three of our British semi-feral breeds.

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Oct 2021 - 10:56

Really wonderful new additions! cheers I completely agree, there seems to be so many issues with shipping and supplies at the moment, our local toy shop doesn't think they'll get any Scheich in before Christmas because of it and I'm sure it's the same for other shops too! Sadly it means that a very special dog I ordered from Germany has not arrived- and because it was just one and I sent it without tracking I fear the worst... Crying or Very sad But I'd like to warn other collectors in the UK about buying figures from the continent at the moment!
I love all those beautiful horses, the foal is so sweet! sunny And even if not as accurate, to someone who doesn't have as much knowledge of donkeys I think this one looks very realistic, especially in your lovely photos with those wonderful backgrounds! Very Happy But I'm sure there are ways it could be improved and it was interesting to read your views!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 18:09

Back when I first started buying CollectA horses, almost every sculpt was released in two different colours, at the same time rather than over subsequent years. To save on money, and avoid having to buy any badly designed disappointing paintjobs, I decided to go with buying whichever was my favourite colour for each breed.
And til recently, I was really happy with this method of adding to my collection - the horse which first made me doubt the decision was the Icelandic coming out in bay dun, a colour which suited it even more than the original first release. But one colour per model was my rule, so I stuck to it.
With this year's announcements including several gorgeous re-releases featuring beautiful new colours on already familiar sculpts, my resolve wavered a great deal, and I thought I probably would end up buying them once they come into stock!
Recently, Suzanne introduced some CollectAs of her own, and in among them was the buckskin Appaloosa, which had already tempted me but seeing a real photo confirmed how much I'd like it - and that made me realise something : if I've already given in to the inevitability of buying the 2022 colours, it made absolutely NO sense to keep any of the older alternative colours out of my herd!

So last week I placed a little order of horses in moulds I already have, but these are all their 'other colour' releases, and now the sun's been out I have photos to share Smile

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Appa-Newcolour

The Appaloosa, which was the final straw in my choice to collect multiple colours. His spotted blanket pattern is rather stylised, but I like it, especially the way the dark spots vary in size.

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Appa-Newcol-Front

His face is interesting too, the blue eyes are a first for CollectA (normally the eyes are just black, even in colours which could be blue-eyed), and they've used a grey dividing line to look like the 'mapping' overlap between white and colour which often shows on face markings.

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Appa-Newcol-Other

The spotty pattern on the other side

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Appa-Newcolours

I haven't named him yet, but I did paint a custom a similar colour last year so I might try to pick something similar for them both

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Fjord-Greydun2

Next, the Norwegian Fjord stallion in grey dun. I chose the yellow originally as it's their commoner colour, but actually this version is a nicer interpretation, with more shading.

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Fjord-Greydun-Angle

I must admit, I did temporarily have this one last year, and felt it was a real shame to paint over him when I didn't have the colour already and liked it so much, but he had a lot of missing paint on his face and feet, so he wasn't quite good enough to keep for my collection. And now I have him again, but nicer Very Happy

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Fjord-Greyback

His dorsal stripe, carefully painted in to go all the way through the middle of his trimmed mane, just like it should!

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Stjornufakur

Now, the Icelandic, the release which originally made me doubt my one-per-mould rule in the first place Laughing He doesn't have the lovely pale mealy muzzle shown in the catalogue photo, but having seen several different 'real photos' of the finished models, none of them do, so it must've been too much effort/time to paint when it came to the production line.

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Icelandun-Angle

I've named him Stjörnufákur, many Icelandic horses are given names which include descriptions of their colour, markings, or other physical attributes, and this name means a riding horse with a star marking on the head.

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Icelandun-Other

I really like his colour, despite lacking the pale nose the dark face is a good example of typical dun features, and his leg shading and dorsal stripe are lovely and softly applied.

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Icelandun-Other-Angle

There really is no such thing as too many Icelandics in a collection, and it's nice to have another for my CollectA selection.

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Iriska0

The final 'other colour' choice is the Akhal-Teke mare in metallic golden buckskin. I originally went for the perlino, thinking it was a much rarer colour to see on a model horse, with the pinkish tone under a silvery sheen - one of the very few breeds where I actively like a pearlised paint application! But there's nothing wrong with the buckskin version, and it was the logical one to track down and finally buy now I'm gathering more colours.

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Iriska1

I've named her Iriska, a name picked from a sales page of real-life Akhal-Teke horses - I always figure that when dealing with languages I don't speak and find it too hard to research, if I choose a name a real breeder has given to a horse of the same colour, it can't be wildly inappropriate, like naming a chestnut something which means 'spotted', or a black horse a name which means it's very pale Laughing

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Iriska-Back

It's a lovely sculpt, catches the fine hard profile of the head well, and the unusual conformation without being too exaggeratedly thin and raw-muscled, which suits a mare.

And finally, one last choice, not an alternate colour, but I needed something to push my order over £40 for free postage (no point spending the price of a model on shipping when the company will ship for free and I get an extra horse!), and thought I'd go for one more I'd originally decided against...

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Mare-And-Terrier

The mare and terrier set. Well, I'm not sure if it counts as a set when they're actually attached, but never mind Laughing

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Mare-Terrier1

In a way it's a shame they are fixed together, I'd have liked to be able to photograph them separately as well as in their pair pose, and I'd imagine kids would have fun playing with the dog loose, 'jumping' in and out of it's resting position on the horse's back.

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Mare-Terrier2

Despite that, it's a nice fun pairing, and you do see stableyard pets on horses' backs sometimes - it was a favourite with photographers doing a shoot with showjumpers or famous racehorses for horsey magazines back when I read them in my early teens, if the cat or dog had a particular pal who'd let him settle up there.

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Mare-Terrier3

Neither of them have been given a specific breed in CollectA's catalogue, other than the vague terrier, and the words pony mare in the description they issue for shop sites, and she's definitely pony sized when stood between these other models. Maybe @Bonnie knows more about the dog?

So that's it for now, a parcel which doesn't contain any new breeds for me, but still a really good one - it's been very satisfying to go back and pick out the colours I probably should've been collecting all along. I'm still not going to aim for an Every Model Released collection of CollectA, the less exciting or just plain disappointing alternate colours can remain unbought, but from now on, I'll be picking everything I want, rather than sticking to a rule Laughing

Last edited by George on Sun 30 Jan 2022 - 18:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://harecrofthorses.blogspot.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 18:16

Congrats

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 19:25

Nice pics and explanations as usual Very Happy

I must say "Blue eyes" still seems a little bit odd for me Shocked

The Norwegian Fjord stallion in grey dun is absolutely marvellous, my favourite of the batch Applause
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 19:32

So many wonderful new additions! cheers But especially the mare with terrier! cheers sunny Applause I love this model, it's such an interesting change from the usual sort of thing major brands release, I agree it would be nice for them to be able to be separated but either way they make such a good pair! Very Happy I too have often seen photos of dogs posing on horses, especially Jack Russells, which I would say is the breed of this terrier! It seems that Jack Russells are a popular choice for people who own horses, I often see at least one hanging around stables! Very Happy I've always thought of this particular dog as a wire-haired Jack Russell from the fluffier coat texture and beard around the nose, which is a nice change from the smooth coated variety usually made in figure form! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 19:34

Nice additions George and wonderful pics Smile Applause cheers Cool Cool sunny drunken
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 20:22

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the photos as well as just the horses! I always like to do a proper little photoshoot with them, picking flattering or appropriate backgrounds (like the Icelandic has a mountain in Iceland, or the Akhal-Teke had to have a browner background cos the grassy one was shining off her golden coat and making her look green, too! Laughing

Kikimalou wrote:

Ah, that doesn't bother me, I've known and ridden several horses with one or two blue eyes, or even partial half-blue-half-brown in the same eye. One of my friends just bought a horse with two blues. If the face marking catches an eye socket, the eye will very likely have at least a part blue/grey iris.

Bonnie wrote:
So many wonderful new additions! cheers But especially the mare with terrier! cheers sunny Applause I love this model, it's such an interesting change from the usual sort of thing major brands release, I agree it would be nice for them to be able to be separated but either way they make such a good pair! Very Happy I too have often seen photos of dogs posing on horses, especially Jack Russells, which I would say is the breed of this terrier! It seems that Jack Russells are a popular choice for people who own horses, I often see at least one hanging around stables! Very Happy I've always thought of this particular dog as a wire-haired Jack Russell from the fluffier coat texture and beard around the nose, which is a nice change from the smooth coated variety usually made in figure form! Very Happy

I knew you'd enjoy this one, and have plenty to say about it - it's great having such an enthusiast of dog models amongst us! Very Happy
Thanks for the breed tip, I had a smooth-coated Jack Russel and have only known smooth ones, so wire haired wouldn't have jumped to mind. I'll have to type in his breed as well as his pony friend's when I add them to my website.

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 22:07

beautiful photos drunken

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 22:14

George wrote:
Thanks, glad you enjoyed the photos as well as just the horses! I always like to do a proper little photoshoot with them, picking flattering or appropriate backgrounds (like the Icelandic has a mountain in Iceland, or the Akhal-Teke had to have a browner background cos the grassy one was shining off her golden coat and making her look green, too! Laughing

Kikimalou wrote:

Ah, that doesn't bother me, I've known and ridden several horses with one or two blue eyes, or even partial half-blue-half-brown in the same eye. One of my friends just bought a horse with two blues. If the face marking catches an eye socket, the eye will very likely have at least a part blue/grey iris.

Bonnie wrote:

I knew you'd enjoy this one, and have plenty to say about it - it's great having such an enthusiast of dog models amongst us!  Very Happy
Thanks for the breed tip, I had a smooth-coated Jack Russel and have only known smooth ones, so wire haired wouldn't have jumped to mind. I'll have to type in his breed as well as his pony friend's when I add them to my website.
Very Happy Very Happy
Lovely you had a Jack Russell too, they are fantastic little dogs! cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptyMon 31 Jan 2022 - 20:01

What gorgeous photos cheers

Not to mention the gorgeous horse models Wink

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 2:17

SUSANNE wrote:
What gorgeous photos cheers

Not to mention the gorgeous horse models Wink

I agree, nice photos. cheers cheers

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 2:42

Magnificent horses. Beautiful photos. Congrats!

Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Dec 2022 - 19:03

I was a bit confused how come I seemed to have posted no new CollectA arrivals since January, when I knew I'd had at least two parcels, but then I realised I put them in a Reviews and Walkarounds thread where they'd be easier reference for other collectors, they're here.

But the most recent parcel wasn't new releases, just a mixed box of some to repaint, and some older models I'd never got when they were new, so I'll put them in this thread instead.

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Hadriaan

The pinto Friesian cross, variously spelt as Barok or Baroque Pinto depending on how the name's translated. I didn't get him at the time cos I'd already decided to go for the plain black purebred, and thought there was no need to get the one with a bit of white painted on as well Laughing And while it still does look like the Friesian with a bit of white on, he's quite a handsome model in his own right, and I'm glad I've gone back through to fill in some of the gaps in my CollectA collection. I've given him the name Hadriaan.

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Hendrikus

Several years after the stallion, a matching foal was released, and of course not owning the father I didn't get the colt either. But I couldn't resist any longer, he looks so smart and proud of himself! I've named this one Henrikus.

Of course, the best thing to do with matching pairs, is family photos...

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Pinto-Friesians

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Pinto-Friesians1

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Pinto-Friesians2

The next addition was done a bit inside out - when I place CollectA orders with the UK stockist I use, it's free postage if you spend over £40. Four adult-horse sized models comes to just under that limit, by a few pennies - but a foal-sized model doesn't cost much more than the shipping fee would be, so my logic is always I may as well have a foal rather than pay postage, and I add one on to my order Laughing Only last time, there weren't any foals left which I already owned the matching mums or dads for, so I had to buy a random one without anyone to adopt her when she got here, poor thing! Laughing

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Spider

This is Spider, the grulla Mustang filly, and you can tell she was from an earlier batch of my additions cos she's got a whole different photo set up here - and I forgot to take her out on the trip to find a bit of sunny open country, oops!

So when I was making up my most recent order, of course what I had to do was make sure I ordered the matching mare in grulla to re-unite the family.

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Scorpion

I've named her Scorpion, so they share a theme, but as I said I forgot to take the foal along for this winter expedition to get some sunshine outside of my shaded garden, so there's no pictures of them together, either. But they're standing side by side on a pile of books here, while they await some shelf space.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Dec 2022 - 19:12

Congratulations

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Dec 2022 - 21:15

I seem to have missed this thread entirely, never really checking in on CollectA things, but all very nice figures! I especially love that gray dun fjord, wow, he is beautiful! The grulla mare and pinto freisian cross are also really lovely. I know it's been said many and many a time, but it's really nice to see excellent horse sculpture work being made available in model lines a step down in price from Breyer (several steps, probably). I would have loved these as a kid!

I think it's a great choice you've made to buy the models you like rather than sticking to your rule, though I do understand the role of those kinds of rules - money and space saving. Laughing But you've added some brilliant figures.
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2022 - 18:51

beautiful addition cyclops cheers

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2022 - 14:50

These are wonderful new additions! cheers It's always fun going back and filling in those gaps, gives a satisfying feeling of completion! Very Happy Scorpion is a great name, especially for such a striking model! cheers
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2022 - 18:58

Lovely additions!! Love the pinto Friesians!! Wonderful photos all together!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)   A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A few new CollectAs for my collection - filling gaps (18th December)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2