Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!

Go down 
+2
Bonnie
Roger
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! Empty
PostSubject: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 3:34 pm

It was precisely 4 years ago when Susanne showed two Interesting small horse figures.
The only thing we know about them is that they are marked with China, the year 1993, the name of the breed and a letter.
It couldn't be more interesting when one of the figures Susanne presented was a Budyonny horse!!! How many figures we know about this very interesting Russian breed?

This Budyonny horse model is marked with the letter "F".
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The other model Susanne presented, it was a Mustang marked "H" - you can see the figure scrolling down.

Well, with an American and a Russian breed, it could be a Cold War horse series. Laughing

Yes, and if we have one marked with "H", there are at least 8! So, where are the others?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], besides his precious contributions to TAW, is bringing so many unknown figures to this board and he got almost all the other horses.
So, from the set of 12, only the figure marked "D" is missing. If someone has it it would be great to have a picture to complete the gallery on TAW.
Also, any information about the brand would be appreciated.

A. Arabian

B. Pinto - that's not a Pinto but probably this mould was also used with Pinto colors

C. Palomino - funny one, reminds the style of some Simba horses

E. Andalusian - Iberian rules Laughing

F. Budyonny - Babdo's version

G. Anglo-Arab

H. Mustang - you can see it above, here how it is marked

I. Friesian

J. Hanoverian

K. Clydesdale

L. Percheron

Last edited by Roger on Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:05 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 8:19 pm

These horses are wonderful with some amazing breeds! cheers cheers I really do hope that someone will have more information on them! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 9:17 pm

I have these:

I can check their stamps this evening, but I don't know anything more about them!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 11:07 pm

Others mine:

Now the collection is complete.

Last edited by landrover on Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 11:16 pm

Labels on mine:

Arabian A
Pinto B
Palomino C
Budonny F
Anglo Arab G
Clydesdale H (corrected: K)
Friesian I
Hanoverian J

If you'd like an individual photo of any of those, let me know!

Last edited by Jill on Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 11:33 pm

Jill wrote:
Labels on mine:

Arabian A
Pinto B
Palomino C
Budonny F
Anglo Arab G
Clydesdale H
Friesian I
Hanoverian J

I think that your Clydesdale is K.......please check

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 11:36 pm

landrover wrote:

Ok, yes, I can see it as a K! It is not very clear. But I'm sure it matches the other.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 11:42 pm

Jill wrote:
landrover wrote:

Ok, yes, I can see it as a K! It is not very clear. But I'm sure it matches the other.

cheers cheers cheers we have managed to complete the collection..

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 11:47 pm

Thanks for your help. I forgot to put the last 4 horses on opening post. Sleep
So, we now know the entire set once as Fernando is showing, missing D is a Lipizzaner. cheers
You can find the them on TAW in this page at least until we find the brand or manufacturer.

landrover wrote:
Others mine:

Now the collection is complete.

Yes Fernando, you've found the missing one! Could you please take an individual picture of the Lipizzaner? bounce bounce bounce

Jill wrote:
Labels on mine:

Arabian A
Pinto B
Palomino C
Budonny F
Anglo Arab G
Clydesdale H
Friesian I
Hanoverian J

Jill, thanks for checking all these markings. You are being quite helpful. It is good to know even if they match exactly all others. It does not always happen with all sets so sometimes we find some curious things. I think we only need the picture of Fernando's Lipizzaner or of an already pictured mould if there is a different colored one.
Can I ask you just a comparison picture? Is there any chance that you take a picture of one of these models with a Stablemate of a similar breed? It could be a quick pic, just for size comparison.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 12:01 am

Roger wrote:

Can I ask you just a comparison picture? Is there any chance that you take a picture of one of these models with a Stablemate of a similar breed? It could be a quick pic, just for size comparison.
I am already taking pictures this evening, so that was easy. :) Arabian and Arabian

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 12:10 am

Oh thanks, very fast and effecient! Even with the Lego block on other pictures, I was not expecting them to be so small. Shocked They are almost Mini Whinnies scale, I guess. scratch

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 12:16 am

Somewhere in between!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 12:23 am

Laughing It is evident that I never had a Mini Whinnies in my hands! affraid

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 8:35 pm

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 11:03 pm

Excellent Fernando. Now the set is complete on TAW.
Even without knowing the brand we could find every model of this set just through our cooperation and checking what is marked on them.
With figures and pictures from Susanne, Babdo, Jill and Landrover we know now what to search for.
Thanks to everyone and again time to applaud this community! cheers
As all topics, it will remain open, with new members and new findings, we may be able of identifying the brand and who knows some more interesting sets exploring other thematics.

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 1:02 am

I remember seeing them in a now disappeared toy store back in 1994...
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 11:29 pm

I found two more unique versions of this set. The others that came with them seem to be probably just slight color variations of the set already pictured, but these two are distinctly different. The represent the true color indicated on the stamp, for one. They have the same information stamped on them. Breed, Made in the China, 1993, and the same letters. (Sorry my photos are a bit blurry, my phone case is rubbed over the camera lens, and I can't replace it yet.)

Pinto B (I've seen yet another version of this mold in a photo, also a paint but an overo instead of a tobiano)

Palomino C

I also have added the Lipizzaner and the Andalusian to my set. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 11:57 pm

I am glad you were able of finding more for your collection and it has fun to know that the story of these models is not finished yet. Well, we still don't know the brand but at least we know why these two are marked with these color breeds. Despite being different enough, I haven't opened individual pages to them. I just added to the pages of the versions previously added and replaced the photos on main gallery once these are better representatives in terms of colors. We have here a manufacturer that produced to different brands, at least it is what it seems once the models you've found in USA are clearly distinct from those [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] found in Europe.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 12:30 am

That makes sense to me! I've been on the look out for them in package, but so far the only thing I've seen is a currently available version of them from Oriental Trading. But I don't know if Oriental Trading is a brand, manufacturer, or distributor, and I also doubt they made these older ones, so that's not very helpful. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 12:45 am

Jill wrote:
That makes sense to me! I've been on the look out for them in package, but so far the only thing I've seen is a currently available version of them from Oriental Trading. But I don't know if Oriental Trading is a brand, manufacturer, or distributor, and I also doubt they made these older ones, so that's not very helpful. Laughing

Oriental Trading is a big retailer. We will take some time to find it out. Laughing

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 2:32 am

Quote :
Oriental Trading is a big retailer.
Ah, that makes sense, and makes it even less useful. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 10:41 am

Two wonderful finds, I love the Palomino with that golden coat! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 11:19 pm

I have another painted one. I don't know if it goes with the palomino and pinto or not, but it's neat! It's the Mustang. It is stamped just like the other. Mustang - H.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 11:49 pm

What an unusual color! I added this variation to the Mustang page. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 10:46 pm

Roger wrote:
What an unusual color! I added this variation to the Mustang page. Very Happy

That color is what we call "isabelle" in french. I think in english you simply call it tan. It is a coat that mixes bay with the cream gene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!   Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Who knows about this intringuing and misterious horses set?... Toy Major!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next