Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1:12 scale Plant collection

Go down 
+4
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
Philter4
Berlinzoo954
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

Country/State : Miami, FL

1:12 scale Plant collection Empty
PostSubject: 1:12 scale Plant collection    1:12 scale Plant collection EmptyThu May 26, 2011 3:17 am

I wanted to share a few species of a collection of small plants i have being putting together for the past 6 months, having already aquired many of the large structures and large trees needed for the zoo diorama, i focused my attention on the small plants in the diorama, i had being putting funds away for some time, since i knew that eventually i would want to bulk up on the collections of smaller flora for the zoo. The following are all in perfect scale with one and another as it is every single plant or tree in the diorama, so some are really small, most under 2 inches, some smaller than one inch, depending on the species.

I focused a great deal on African, Asian and tropical america species for the zoo diorama, and in the last months i put together some 758 species in addition to the collection i already had, i think that the zoo diorama will now be officially a miniature botanical garden if it was not already before. Most of the plants i will remove from their pots and add them to scenes with other plants i have, in some cases to complete a accurate representation of the flora found in specific regions of the world. The following are just some of the species.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Plant collection    1:12 scale Plant collection EmptyThu May 26, 2011 3:31 am

Really nice Danny, Those are fantastic miniatures. The quality is top rate.

I am just now learning how to make flowers from clay, I have an artist from Thailand that now lives near here who is beginning to teach me. I also just bought two great books, Making and Displaying Polymer flowers for Miniature Doll Houses and another one Amazing Clay Flowers so I can hopefully make some different species myself.

Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Plant collection    1:12 scale Plant collection EmptyThu May 26, 2011 3:53 am

Thank you Phil, i'm glad you are taking some classes, there is so much diversity in plants outhere, so many posibilities, i took several seminars myself back in 07 and a few more in 08 even though the last ones were more oriented on how to create large planters and landscape scenes with the plants, i'm pretty good at it myself, but the only landscape work that i will be doing for my zoo diorama is the different grass additions, and the layout as a whole, including the composition of several scenes with already premade items.

I can't compromise the detail and quality of the layout, every single item has to be the best of its kind, in order to create that final effect of realism i'm looking for, the downsize to this is that i'm limited to the number of items i can get, but very well worth it.

As you know i have minimise the number of artists in the project as well, down to three, ideally the entire project would have been done by the same artist, but each individual has their area. I have given up on the furniture and accessories for a lot of the buildings, i will use what i already have, but it was way too much money and it was taking forever for some of my ideas to come into play. The only building that will be mostly fully furniture will be the Asian Theme restaurant by the entrance, with only a partial view of the kitchen area.
Even though the Animal/human figures artist has done several of my scenes and landscape. The Architecture is all coming from Hong Kong as you know from the two master builders, a few setbacks with the shipments and damage, but it is all being corrected.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Plant collection    1:12 scale Plant collection EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:32 am

Beautiful work Danny cheers

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Plant collection    1:12 scale Plant collection EmptyThu May 26, 2011 8:10 am

Danny they are just incredible!! So beautiful and real looking, I can't get over them - it must be so fiddly to make those tiny flowers. Perfect!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Plant collection    1:12 scale Plant collection EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:55 am

758 + the ones you already had affraid

That is amazing, how do you find room for them ? They look very fragile ?

I LOVE orchids, and these are like a dream !

Thankyou very, very much for the pictures flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Plant collection    1:12 scale Plant collection EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Very realistic!!! :)
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Plant collection    1:12 scale Plant collection EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:22 pm

They are gorgeous Danny. They will look fantastic in your zoo. Each one is such a little masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Plant collection    1:12 scale Plant collection EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:24 am

Susanne i think you would be surprice too see how strong most of them are, some are a little more than others, but for the most part i hardly get any damage, mind you i remove most of them from the posts and add them to scenes with bigger plants and trees. As far as space i wish i had the funds to buy several more thousand of them, this plants are so small, that once you place them in scenes, you have to use several different species or plants to fill in the gaps.

And since they are not real, i can't put water on them and let them grow, wish is what you see in zoos when new exhibits are built the landscape is scarse and on the small size, then after just a couple of growing seasons, the exhibits are lush, but i try to do a lot of strategy selecting their position in the diorama.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Plant collection    1:12 scale Plant collection EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Wonderful plants Danny. It's almost hard to believe You cannot give them water to grow Very Happy Very Happy I'm sure they will look great in Your zoo, You will surely make nice composition with them.

By the way, I just have few days of absence here and now I have so many new things too watch, this forum is great! Thank You for sharing Danny. All the figures which You showing are always great quality, without exception. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Plant collection    1:12 scale Plant collection Empty

Back to top Go down

1:12 scale Plant collection
Page 1 of 1