Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? Empty
PostSubject: Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??   Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? EmptyTue May 11, 2021 2:12 am

I recently purchased a Frogs to Go set unopened, still sealed. I did open it, however, and realized one of the frogs doesn't match the TAW list. Instead of the Red-headed Poison Frog (blue), I have Epipedobates trivittatu (three stripe poison frog). He has a number like the others, but he also has a unique symbol on his other foot. Are the sets not all the same? Where'd this guy come from?

EDIT: I did find him on the larger poison dart frog page, and it has him listed as being in Frogs to Go, his picture just isn't included on that page. I have a total of 10 as the box says, so do some just have different frogs in them?

Thanks!

Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? 184142689_226153305978754_7195638499241463511_n
Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? 183755423_865473704035877_5080027579619935068_n
Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? 184941420-527302565110015-1699316330532479796-n
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??   Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? EmptyTue May 11, 2021 2:52 am

Even though they sold them in sets of 10 per to go case, there are actually 12 total. I'm sure no two sets had the same frogs and probably a different mix.
Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? Screenshot_20210510-204520_Instagram

Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? IMG_20200523_203208_618

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??   Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? EmptyTue May 11, 2021 3:07 am

Oh I had no idea they might mix and match the sets, thank you so much! Is that seen in other To Go sets as well? That would go far to explain the extra three horses I have.
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??   Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? EmptyTue May 11, 2021 3:17 am

Yes, with most there were originally 12 total and they were mix & match in the TO Go cases it seems. The only exception was the Extinct Animals to Go set. As far as I know there were no more than the 9 Extinct animals of that particular set.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??   Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? EmptyTue May 11, 2021 3:19 am

Great, thank you!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??   Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? EmptyTue May 11, 2021 12:24 pm

I see on TAW that these frogs are a little messed. We have a Club Earth page showing 10 of them from @Kikimalou's collection and we have a list of 12 listed as Wing Mau with broken links.
It is easy to explain,, first because To Go sets show 10 figures and we thought during a long time there was a set of 12 from a brand called XX, we figured out later it was not XX but WM, thus Wing Mau and consequently the manufacturer of the Club Earth Frogs.
Now we can see that all 12 figures were used in To Go sets but randomly grouped in sets of 10.
That's it, we learn step by step and we work gathering all information that everyone is sharing.
Thus, topics like this one are really very useful.
We have all 12 on TAW. I will list them as Club Earth showing all 12 but mentioning they were sold in sets of 10 frogs to go.
I will also put a link at the Wing Mau page to the respective Club Earth set instead of having two distinct pages.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??   Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? EmptyTue May 11, 2021 4:39 pm

Ah, thanks! That makes sense. You guys have already done all the heavy lifting for identification, which makes it very easy for me! Laughing I can see why the WM was confused with XX. I read that somewhere else, and that was the only reason I know what it was on a different animal.
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??   Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? EmptyTue May 11, 2021 5:14 pm

I love it when puzzles are solved and we find more and more informations about different sets and brands Applause
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??   Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? EmptyTue May 11, 2021 6:04 pm

These frogs are really nice, for a cheaper brand they're very effective - I think helped by the fact reptile skin suits being plastic!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??   Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? EmptyTue May 11, 2021 9:38 pm

OK, all 12 are listed on Club Earth Frogs to Go page.
As I told, I deleted the page for Wing Mau Frogs and now there's a link to this page.
I added your pictures too.
I am very curious about the logo, it doesn't look like the Clube Earth logo that is a king of globe with the letters C and a mirrored E. Can you find a similar logo in their container?

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??   Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? EmptyTue May 11, 2021 11:09 pm

Thanks! The symbol on his foot is not on the packaging anywhere or on any of the other frogs I have (I'm missing two).

However! I found a Chinese character translator that allows me to draw it, because I thought that's what it looked like, and it seems to be the character for 9, the same number on the frog. So that's cool!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??   Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? EmptyTue May 11, 2021 11:18 pm

Very well spotted @Jill!!!

Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? Number9

PostSubject: Re: Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??   Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Frogs to Go set question - where'd this frog come from??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: CLUB EARTH-
Jump to: