Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hong Kong copies

Go down 
+3
widukind
Bonnie
Taos
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Hong Kong copies Empty
PostSubject: Hong Kong copies   Hong Kong copies EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 7:36 pm

Some Hong Kong copies of other models. I know the Red Deer and the Eland are Britains copies,but would like to know the others if anyone can help. Smile
Hong Kong copies 01441
Hong Kong copies 01544
Hong Kong copies 01642

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Hong Kong copies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong copies   Hong Kong copies EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 12:03 am

These are lovely models, I love the style of vintage animals! Very Happy They're so delicate, whilst still keeping all the details! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Hong Kong copies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong copies   Hong Kong copies EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 12:25 pm

Wow, the bird i have never seen before :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

Hong Kong copies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong copies   Hong Kong copies EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:06 pm

is this not a Manruba Doomplast? eland ? I shall have have to check them on wiki.

edit* I checked but couldn't find an eland, only a waterbuck. Somehow your model looks so familiar though.
http://toyanimal.mywikis.net/wiki/Manurba_Waterbuck_Walking

And that blue crane? is just absolutely beautiful, I love it !  It's so exciting to see such wonderful pieces, well done Taylor.

Taos wrote:
Some Hong Kong copies of other models. I know the Red Deer and the Eland are Britains copies,but would like to know the others if anyone can help. Smile

Hong Kong copies 01544

Hong Kong copies 01642
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Hong Kong copies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong copies   Hong Kong copies EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 12:25 pm

sunny wrote:
is this not a Manruba Doomplast? eland ? I shall have have to check them on wiki.

edit* I checked but couldn't find an eland, only a waterbuck. Somehow your model looks so familiar though.
http://toyanimal.mywikis.net/wiki/Manurba_Waterbuck_Walking

These Hong Kong moulds were used as premium figures in many ways. The elands seems to be like the Prior model
https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Prior_Eland_1

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Hong Kong copies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong copies   Hong Kong copies EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 10:03 pm

Thank you all.These are figures from my childhood which I somehow managed to keep them!

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

Hong Kong copies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong copies   Hong Kong copies EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 1:25 am

Hello,
I found a little bit bigger Eland, but this Eland are not marked.
And there are more Elands smaller and with other colour and marked with "HONGKONG" and "CHINA".
Benno.
Hong Kong copies Dsc01517
Hong Kong copies Dsc01516
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

Hong Kong copies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong copies   Hong Kong copies EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 1:28 am

Benno, the amount of variations you have is astonishing.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Hong Kong copies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong copies   Hong Kong copies EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 11:38 am

This eland presentation shows clearly how ambitious is to try to document all different figures ever produced.
Just checking your collection, it is almost unbelievable the amount of similar figures. Actually, those are variations around the same design.
One of them even in an official Portuguese territory as it was Macau until 1999. I find it very interesting that they use the Portuguese words instead of Made in Macau.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Hong Kong copies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong copies   Hong Kong copies EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 6:10 pm

study study study study

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hong Kong copies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong copies   Hong Kong copies Empty

Back to top Go down

Hong Kong copies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Vintage Companies :: Vintage plastic-
Jump to: