Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found

Go down 
+3
Roger
widukind
Babdo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empty
PostSubject: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 5:22 pm

Hello,
I found following wild Animals marked with "EMPIRE MADE".
The same animals you can find marked with "HONG KONG" or an other brand-name.
I work on a list of what I have found.
Benno.

Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire20
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire21
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire22

Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire23
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire24
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire25
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire26
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire28
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire29
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire30
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire31
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire32
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire34
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire33
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire35
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire36
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empire37

Last edited by Babdo on Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 6:26 am

So much interesting for me

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 7:48 am

We really cannot find many information about EMPIRE MADE. It seems they made also Nativity sets.
However, it is very nice to see these models with a brand name instead of the traditional Hong Kong marking.

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 12:52 pm

'Empire Made' is a generic term for 'made in Hong Kong' and was used for all sorts of products that where made in the former 'Crown Colony of Hong Kong'. So, 'Empire Made' isn't a single company.

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 1:50 pm

Shocked never seen before!..
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Chris Sweetman wrote:
'Empire Made' is a generic term for 'made in Hong Kong' and was used for all sorts of products that where made in the former 'Crown Colony of Hong Kong'. So, 'Empire Made' isn't a single company.

Thanks Chris! I was almost opening a page on TAW for a brand called EMPIRE MADE. Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 4:15 pm

You find so many goodies cheers

These certainly have historical value on top of their charm Very Happy

@Roger , IMHO information like this is great to have in TAW also, - so I think you should make a page that explains study

Babdo

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 4:59 pm

Roger wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:

Thanks Chris! I was almost opening a page on TAW for a brand called EMPIRE MADE. Laughing
Hello Roger,
somebody had made the side "Empire" on TAW long before!
There is a side "HONGKONG" on TAW with about 35 companies.
What about a side "SINGAPORE" on TAW? I found some pictures of a box from the company "BLUEBOX". Because I controll my collection of animals and found nearly all (23x) models marked with "SINGAPORE". I have this animals also marked with some other companies (NYLINT TOYS and ZZ RIESEN and so on). I want to show this next time and the result as a list.
Benno.
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Nylint15
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Nylint13
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Nylint14
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 7:44 pm

Benno, it is amazing that all the toy animals you have photographed are clearly 'inspired' by Britains products. And to prove it you included an original Britains young giraffe, second from left, - one of my favourite models from this company.

Babdo

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 6:58 am

Chris Sweetman wrote:
Benno, it is amazing that all the toy animals you have photographed are clearly 'inspired' by Britains products. And to prove it you included an original Britains young giraffe, second from left, - one of my favourite models from this company.
Hello Chris,
thank you very much for your information.
I have some animals of the company "BRITAINS Ltd." and I have a lot of animals marked with "SINGAPORE", "HONGKONG" and "CHINA".
A lot of the animals looks like a copy of the animals of the company "BRITAINS".
See my pictures.
I want to make a list of the animals which are looks like the same but where sold by different company/trade mark.
I will present the result on an on page "SINGAPORE" on TAW.
I have to photograh now many animals.
I hope you (and all others) leave a comment on my result with your informations.
Benno.
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Dsc01511
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Dsc01510
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Dsc01513
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Dsc01512
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Dsc01514
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Dsc01515
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 9:02 am

SUSANNE wrote:

@Roger , IMHO information like this is great to have in TAW also, - so I think you should make a page that explains study

Yes, maybe a page for each marking may result confuse but why not a glossary of markings? I have time to do it but I will need the help of everyone on forum.

Babdo wrote:
Roger wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:

Hello Roger,
somebody had made the side "Empire" on TAW long before!
There is a side "HONGKONG" on TAW with about 35 companies.
What about a side "SINGAPORE" on TAW? I found some pictures of a box from the company "BLUEBOX". Because I controll my collection of animals and found nearly all (23x) models marked with "SINGAPORE". I have this animals also marked with some other companies (NYLINT TOYS and ZZ RIESEN and so on). I want to show this next time and the result as a list.
Benno.
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Nylint15
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Nylint13
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Nylint14

As SINGAPORE is not a brand, we can make a page called 'Unknown Maker Singapore' - I can start it if you wish and maybe we will find interesting things while grouping all these figures marked SINGAPORE.

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 11:14 am

Hello Roger,
I have found about 30 wild animals with SINGAPORE marked and I found about 10 farm animals with SINGAPORE.
I would be happy to show this animals on a side on TAW and I can show some SINGAPORE animals marked with other brand names.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 11:47 am

Babdo wrote:
Hello Roger,
I have found about 30 wild animals with SINGAPORE marked and  I found about 10 farm animals with SINGAPORE.
I would be happy to show this animals on a side on TAW and I can show some SINGAPORE animals marked with other brand names.
Benno.

Benno, I opened a category for Singapore and a page for Unknown Maker Singapore. It is just a draft to serve as guide to your editing work.
https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Unknown_Maker_Singapore
I listed the pangolin just for your reference, I don't have it yet unfortunately. Laughing Let me know if is it what you mean.

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 11:57 am

I have a few made in Singapore plastic animals and one of these is a copy of the Britains Adult Kangaroo.

I have to dig it out of one of my toy cupboards.

Last edited by Chris Sweetman on Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 8:33 am

Maybe it worth mentioning on Singapore's TAW page that these figures are considered copies among collectors or at least to mention that they are inspired in Britains models. I think it started when Britains opened a factory in Hong Kong in 1966 or so.

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 7:53 pm

The 'SINGAPORE' marked models are usually Redbox or Blue Box for generic pocket-money sets and were manufactured in one of their two plants there at Kallang Industrial estate or Toa Payoh, there seems to be a rule - hand painted = Blue Box, airbrushed = Redbox, but I'm not sure it's that simple.

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 6:24 am

smallscaleworld wrote:
The 'SINGAPORE' marked models are usually Redbox or Blue Box for generic pocket-money sets and were manufactured in one of their two plants there at Kallang Industrial estate or Toa Payoh, there seems to be a rule - hand painted = Blue Box, airbrushed = Redbox, but I'm not sure it's that simple.
Hello smallscaleworld,
thank you very much for your informations.
I read in the internet about Bluebox and Redbox, but I never find an explanation about the differenz.
I work on the Singapore animals and I think some animal copies were in the beginning TIMPO, but I first must find the right Figures.
I also find many animals sometimes marked with "Singapore" and sometimes marked with "HongKong". One animal is marked with both "Singapore" and "HongKong".
I will show this next time when I have time and good pictures.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 9:36 pm

Babdo wrote:
Hello smallscaleworld,
I read in the internet about Bluebox and Redbox, but I never find an explanation about the differenz.
I work on the Singapore animals and I think some animal copies were in the beginning TIMPO, but I first must find the right Figures.
I also find many animals sometimes marked with "Singapore" and sometimes marked with "HongKong". One animal is marked with both "Singapore" and "HongKong".
I will show this next time when I have time and good pictures.
Benno.

It's an almost impossible task Babdo, I've been collecting the animals (and a few sets) and saving all the set images I see online, and you think you've established a 'rule' such as the - airbrushing being Redbox - one I mentioned, then you find a late Blue Box set with airbrushed figures! or you think you've worked out the difference between R & BB monkeys or elephants and then one turns-up in the other's packaging!

Tai Sang, the parent company, started with animals in 1954, long before the Singapore plants were operational, and which the owner describes as very small, they had several factories in Hong Kong (both on the Island and in the New Territories), and while I know both of the Singapore factories I mentioned were Blue Box branded on the buildings (and in workers memories), there was a third somewhere in Singapore I haven't pined-down on the map yet, while more Redbox sets seem to carry the Singapore mark.

Product from all the factories or leftovers from previous jobs/contracts could have found their way into any set to complete an order, whole mould-tools or individual cavities of larger tools may have been transferred (hence your Singapore and HK marked one?) between plants, or between countries, while lots of lesser companies were producing the endless copies and sub-copies, some of which may have been bought-in by Tai-Sang or its subsidiaries!

However, the more you look, the easier it is to find the 'rules', and tie things into specific sets or lines, so I can only wish you luck with you search!

H

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found EmptyFri Jul 30, 2021 1:34 am

Hello smallscaleworld,
I hope I can find some new informations, but I think I can not solve the problem of who is who or who made what.
I have listed all Singapore marked animals I have and now I search the equal "BRITAINS" or "TIMPO" or "UNKNOWN" animal which was the original figure.
Benno.
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Singap10
Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Singap11

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found   Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found Empty

Back to top Go down

Wild Animals marked with EMPIRE MADE found
Page 1 of 1