Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plush animals

Go down 
+2
pipsxlch
Birdsage
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Plush animals   Plush animals EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 4:39 pm

Do any of you collect/trade stuffed animals?
What are your thoughts on stuffed animals in the collecting hobby?
I collect various stuffed birds, particularly Audubon, Aurora, and Webkinz ones. I collect the tags that come with both. I would like if you have any for trade, preferably with the tags, of course.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plush animals   Plush animals EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 6:33 pm

I don't collect plushies myself, though a few have ended up with me. I know many people do like them though. I don't see why they shouldn't be a valued part of someone's collection. If you like them, why not?

Whatever works for you is right and fine. I don't like rubber or flocked figures, but there's no reason someone else shouldn't like and have them. It's like many here don't like stylized or cartoony figures, or anthropomorphic ones, or fantasy/made up creatures- that's no reason someone else can't/shouldn't want and collect them.

There are some lovely plushies out there, and if I come across any nice birds, I'll keep you in mind. Anything I find would probably be second hand and tagless.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plush animals   Plush animals EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 8:09 pm

You are absolutely right. I myself am not a fan of fictitious creatures and domestic breeds (especially not horses), after all.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plush animals   Plush animals EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 5:33 pm

My mom found 2 she had- the Webkinz chickadee (but without tag) and a sandhill crane that was a promo from the Nature Conservancy. Its tag doesn't show the manufacturer, but I'd bet Wild Republic.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plush animals   Plush animals EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 6:01 pm

Great! I’ve been looking for the Crane! And it has the tag too! Please reserve that for me.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plush animals   Plush animals EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 6:06 pm

Will do. The tag is just the sewn on info tag, says Nature Conservancy. My computer is in the shop, can't show photos right now. I don't know how to upload any with this tablet.
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plush animals   Plush animals EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 4:52 pm

I have about 10, most of which are prehistoric fish that have never been made into any other kind of toy. As an example, here's a Belantsea by TST Advance:

Plush animals 36434272456_a1f51cf2eb_c

Birdsage

Birdsage

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plush animals   Plush animals EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 4:55 pm

Very cool! Looks like the color is based on a Spotted Handfish. I have the TSTAdvance Coelurosauravus.Plush animals Image56
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plush animals   Plush animals EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 5:03 pm

Possibly so, it wouldn't be the worst analogue to use. That Coelurosauravus is very cool also!

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plush animals   Plush animals EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 6:43 pm

I like rare type stuffed animals too (moray eel, okapi, etc.). I have a small white sturgeon that I love very much, though I also have several wolves/dogs.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Birdsage

Birdsage

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plush animals   Plush animals EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 6:17 am

Is it the Cabin Critters sturgeon?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plush animals   Plush animals EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 12:08 pm

I love plush dogs, and also collect them, although not as much as models! Very Happy
I was deciding on whether to continue with plush, or just focus on hard figures, but then looking at what some of the plush brands have to offer with the variety of breeds, and some which are incredibly realistic, I just knew that collecting these would be something I love and would want to continue to do! Very Happy I still say I'm a 'dog replica' collector, because both models and plush animals come under this category- and it adds lovely variety too! Very Happy
I would recommend the brand Hansa- although generally these models are very expensive so I only add them every so often- but they have made such realistic species, and quite often they are life-sized! Shocked Living Nature in the past have also made some wonderful animals! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plush animals   Plush animals EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 7:34 pm

I collect plushes, specifically I get (at least) one whenever I visit a zoo or similar facility. So not with quite the same fervor as I collect some other things. Typically Wild Republic and Aurora. I don't have many rules to it. At first I thought I should get one representing an animal I had seen at that zoo, but that quickly went out the window when I saw really neat animals in the gift shops of places that did not have those animals. Wink I definitely think they have a place in the hobby, or as a hobby themselves, if you enjoy them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plush animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plush animals   Plush animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Plush animals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: