Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

New plants from Danny for Indian diorama

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: New plants from Danny for Indian diorama   Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:58 am

I am using a new camara, and I don't know how to use it yet, but I recieved some new plants from Danny, the first two are for the Indian diorama, and the third was a small dragon tree for the African diorama (which I did not get a picture of yet), I recieved some Asian bamboo, a beautiful piece, it is so nice that I may use it as a center piece, the piece is a fantastic plant. The other piece was a custom tree that I got the idea for from a tree by my house, it is a tree that at some point fell across the creek but didn't die, and began to grow up and now is a really neat tree, with a 90* bend and the foliage growing up towards the sun.

The other thing I did was to make some water lillies out of clay, I sculpted the leaves and flowers and painted them. Because of the flash the flowers appear white, but in life they are a really light blue, I took one of the native Indian lillies as a model, and for my first one I was pretty happy.

Here is the lilly first.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is the bamboo, I wish I could get a better picture, the plant is so nice.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Finally here is the semi fallen tree. When the full sized model is done, I am having a troop of langurs that will be on the horizontal part of the trunk and up on the raised bank.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As always any comments are really appreciated, and necessary for me to make this an even better diorama.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: New plants from Danny for Indian diorama   Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:45 pm

WOW. Phil the bamboo looks absolutely amazing, as well as the fallen tree. I like the water lilies as well. Here are a couple of pictures of mine in my pond.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here it is with a safari ltd caiman.

And with the Schleich frog.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: New plants from Danny for Indian diorama   Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:53 pm

The Diorama looks beautiful, I love the Lillies Phil! Everything is looking brilliant.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New plants from Danny for Indian diorama   Today at 9:55 pm

Back to top Go down

New plants from Danny for Indian diorama
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1