Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are we New Ray?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Are we New Ray? Empty
PostSubject: Are we New Ray?   Are we New Ray? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2021 3:55 pm

These figures came in a thrift store lot. I'm fairly sure the birds, buck and Labrador retrievers are New Ray, stylistically they seem similar and I know New Ray has for years sold hunting themed sets in the US. They are tiny, toob sized or smaller, smaller than any known New Rays I've seen.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(the moose I think is just a Chinamal, unmarked as is the turtle, the Dobie is a celluloid Hong Kong figure, and the knight's horse is Papo)

These gorgeous fish I'm unsure of. They were in the same lot as the previous figures, so once again maybe New Ray. North American game fish/fishing would fit with the hunting theme, but I've never seen a fishing set.

And on a different tack, unmarked hollow hard plastic guys
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Are we New Ray? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we New Ray?   Are we New Ray? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2021 4:25 pm

The fish, dogs, and birds are new ray.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Are we New Ray? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we New Ray?   Are we New Ray? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2021 4:43 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Are we New Ray? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we New Ray?   Are we New Ray? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 1:10 am

Very interesting, especially the Wild Fishing set. The company does not provide the species, it seems to be a trout, a bass and a carp. I hope someone helps with the exact species, I am sure [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will be able of identifying them.
I will open a subsection on New-Ray Hunting sets on TAW to introduce these figures as soon as you provide individual pictures of them. Wink

Jill

Are we New Ray? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we New Ray?   Are we New Ray? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 10:31 am

What a really cool little Doberman! Love his big rabbit ears! Laughing
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Are we New Ray? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we New Ray?   Are we New Ray? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 4:34 pm

I will do so, though I was bad and bought the fishing set Paige showed me. Rolling Eyes
I can wait till I have the other 3 fish in hand if you like- maybe the packaging will give the exact species (I agree trout, bass and carp)

I shall have to do a Just Desserts photo with the fisherman. Caracal inspired me.

Thanks, Jill, the little Dobie really is a nice little figure!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Are we New Ray? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we New Ray?   Are we New Ray? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 4:51 pm

I was so tempted by the set too Kelly... congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Are we New Ray? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we New Ray?   Are we New Ray? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 2:51 am

pipsxlch wrote:
I will do so, though I was bad and bought the fishing set Paige showed me. Rolling Eyes
I can wait till I have the other 3 fish in hand if you like- maybe the packaging will give the exact species (I agree trout, bass and carp)

I shall have to do a Just Desserts photo with the fisherman. Caracal inspired me.

That's really great! Laughing

Are we New Ray? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we New Ray?   Are we New Ray? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are we New Ray?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: What is this please ?-
Jump to: