Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The very strange tiger with kittens

Go down 
+6
Cyhyraeth
Kikimalou
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
Roger
SUSANNE
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The very strange tiger with kittens Empty
PostSubject: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:31 am

I suppose all us ladies know how it is to buy shoes or clothes that look so nice in the shop, but when you come home they are really horrible, and you never wear it Rolling Eyes

Last year I saw a tiger and a lion with cubs. They were from AAA, and on the picture they looked cool. But when they came here, I thought " EEEEEK! Huge and horrible " affraid
The cubs don`t fit in size at all, what on earth did the designer think about ?
So they stayed in their plastic bags in the bottom of the box untill yesterday when I was looking for something else in the box.

Then, suddenly it struck me : They are wonderful, and the tiger fits so perfectly to my painting, which is also huge and full of tigers that don`t fit in size cheers

Here is the painting. It is made by Uffe Christoffersen, who only paints tigers cat

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And little Westie shows the size from the upper, left corner

Here Westie shows the size of the figueres :

And here the tiger
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Very Happy

And finally the lion with wrong size cubs
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:29 pm

I know this figures, sold here under the name Yolanda! I'm not a big fan of them, I don't mind with sizes but everything in life has limits!! What a Face cat
I usually say that Bullyland is the strangest brand I know but this is because I never pay atention to AAA! But, you find always a way to love a figure, that is very nice! :)
Those are like the cheetah with cubs from AA, aren't they?
Thanks for share the picture! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:29 pm

AAA do make some wonderful models, but I never liked these. Maybe over time they'd grow on me like they have for you Susanne. flower sunny Very Happy
Very interesting painting!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:02 pm

Very Happy You people are so nice and polite Laughing

But really, like Harriet says, they "grow on me". The more I look, the more detail I find, - somebody has payed a lot of attention to detail, and then some production manager has (probably) just glued them all together What a Face
How many mother-cats have we seen that really looks like a nursing mother? Wink

I do not know the cheetah, Roger, I have several AAA-cheetahs, but not one like these two.
He, he, so now you found something more strange than Bullyland, - but both have their bright moments drunken
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:37 am

I find that the lioness, tiger and cubs has a good posture & only thing I don like is the paint job & sculpting needs to be improved. overall still not bad & as what roger say "life has limits". I don't think I will collect them yet and is it possible to take a photo with Schleich or Papo tiger? Thanks in Advanced!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:14 am

ken yeo wrote:

...........is it possible to take a photo with Schleich or Papo tiger? Thanks in Advanced!

Sure, good idea, her with my beloved, beautyful Papo-tiger Very Happy

Perhaps not quite fair as the Papo tiger is SO lovely Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:42 am

Hello mom, it's been a long time since I saw you I love you ... I see I have a few young brother now drunken cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:29 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing cat cat cat cat Laughing
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:25 am

It is cute!

It make me think of Siberian tiger & Sumatran Tiger come together. Thanks Susanne!!

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:01 am

I like the painting:)
As for tigress and the lioness- well, we had the first one in our ELC shop where I used to work some time ago, and I had an opportunity to examine her. She's rather cute, I think. Maybe a bit toylike, ans bigger in scale, than most other tigers, but in her size she fits the Safari Ltd big tiger, and her cubs- their poses are rather funny and not the common ones. I even think of taking her to my collection because of the poses and composition itself.
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:38 am

It is so much fun when you take up old subjects, - I am happy you like my painting cat cheers

And the AAA-tiger, yes she has "something" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
K907

K907

Country/State : Kodiak, Alaska

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:35 pm

The tigers and lions are cute! I have the AAA rat with babies as well. I will post pics soon.
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:34 am

SUSANNE wrote:
It is so much fun when you take up old subjects, - I am happy you like my painting cat cheers
Well, old topics are interesting sometimes)

K907
Wow, never seen her. What size is she?
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Rat with babies Shocked

Ohh, yes, Please, I would also love to see a picture bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:53 pm

I love mama tiger's position, the way her head is cocked. She looks so serene.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:24 am

Yes, you are right Shocked Very Happy

I was not sure what serene means , - when I found out I could not help smiling thinking about Serena Williams.
Perhaps the name suited her when her parents gave her the name, but later..... Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
spikesilkenwolf

spikesilkenwolf

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Those cubs look quite happy about pestering there momies!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:18 pm

spikesilkenwolf wrote:
Those cubs look quite happy about pestering there momies!

Laughing That`s what moms are for, I think Rolling Eyes Sleep Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:10 am

Well Susanne, i like them, although the cubs cannot be seperated from the moms, because of their positions, same as in my cheetah set, they look odd then... Laughing
The lionscubs look maybe small, but this is possible,when they are just not to old, and they start to move around on moms body... Rolling Eyes

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:14 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

The lionscubs look maybe small, but this is possible,when they are just not to old, and they start to move around on moms body... Rolling Eyes

Perhaps you are right . I don`t know when cubs of the large cats open their eyes scratch
By the domestic cat the kitten have their eyes open at the age of 9-10 days, and then they are larger compared to their mom.

But I agree, I also love these figueres when first I got used to them cat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The very strange tiger with kittens   The very strange tiger with kittens Empty

Back to top Go down

The very strange tiger with kittens
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: AAA-
Jump to: