Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More

Go down 
+8
Seeway
lucky luke
endogenylove
George
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
Roger
Joliezac
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More Empty
PostSubject: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 4:26 am

Last week I took some photos on locally. There is a beautiful cedar creek that runs through the middle of the woods and it has many different opportunities for photos. A special plant local to the area is the pitcher plant. This carnivorous plant attracts insects with a sweet smell, and when a fly lands on the opening of the plant, smooth fine hairs cause the insect to slip down into the digestive liquid inside. Because of the smooth hairs pointing downwards, the fly cannot climb out and is digested over time. I figured it would be a great place for a dart frog to hang out, as it would be an easy place to catch some tasty insects.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 7:23 am

I confess one of the most fascinating things about Nature I learned as a kid was the existence of carnivorous plants and the incredible traps they represent to several creatures. Not many things were so unexpected to me as this phenomenon.
About your pictures, they are out of words, it couldn't be done better and it is evident you do it with enthusiasm and passion or it would never result so glorious! cheers

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 7:52 am

I love how your photos really draw me into the natural world- I love the outdoor settings you use and the close-ups, and the way they really bring out the necessary details making them even more clear, like the edge of some twigs, the face of an animal or glint of water- I love the first frog ones and the kingfisher shot! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 7:58 am

Just stunning! I love the toucans a lot.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 8:36 am

Those frog shots! Applause

endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 12:25 pm

Ohhh the Tiger and the Buffalo! How wonderful!

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 12:35 pm

Thank you all so much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 7:13 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 7:41 pm

These are really marvelous pictures of attractive set-up, rich color and beautiful depth of field.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 3:04 am

Nice pics

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 5:15 am

Wonderful photographs again! I love them! I especially love the one with red river hog and black leopard Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 7:28 am

The Tiger and the Water Buffalo are wonderful!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 9:55 pm

indeed!! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More   Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More Empty

Back to top Go down

Creek Photography: Frogs, Toucans, and More
Page 1 of 1