Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked Empty
PostSubject: Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked   Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 5:54 pm

Today I received two lots of small figures with a curious linkage. The two lots are published 20-25 years apart, but there are many similarities between some of the figures...

Here the first lot, all monochromatic, in plastic and diversity of known references in the molds (Schleich, Jasman, several HK sets...).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here the comparisons with some figures of a lot that is sold now... There are notable differences in sizes, variants of some details...

And on the other hand, some species do not correspond to each other in terms of the reference mold...

Last edited by Stripedhyena on Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked   Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 7:53 pm

Interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked   Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:16 pm

Interresting but I don't understand which ones are supposed to be the older ?

Are we sure they are published 30-40 years apart ?
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked   Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:39 pm

The monochromatic are the old ones.
They come from a storage room, the person who sent them told me they were from the 80-90s. That's why I put 35 years (I estimate 30 rather than 40), mainly because of the 1991 Schleich fox... So definitely 30 (I have changed it in the title and explanation because you are right Christophe).

Last edited by Stripedhyena on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked   Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:41 pm

This is really interesting- so many lovely models! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked   Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:05 am

Thankyou for sharing ! Great topic cheers

( My first thought was "very interesting", but I didn't want to repeat what every body already said Laughing )

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked   Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:41 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
The monochromatic are the old ones.
They come from a storage room, the person who sent them told me they were from the 80-90s. That's why I put 35 years (I estimate 30 rather than 40), mainly because of the 1991 Schleich fox... So definitely 30 (I have changed it in the title and explanation because you are right Christophe).

I asked you the question because the Jasman meerkat is from 1998. Maybe we will have to change the title again Laughing

Nevertheless it is a very interresting find.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked   Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 9:50 am

You are right! I will change it back Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked   Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 10:03 am

What I like is the mix between real odies like the Prior lioness, Britains HK camel and things like the Jasman meerkat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked   Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked Empty

Back to top Go down

Two collections published 20 years apart but strangely linked
Page 1 of 1