Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaiyodo - 2022

Go down 
+14
thebritfarmer
Gecko08
George
rogerpgvg
endogenylove
Kikimalou
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
Brettnj
Roger
bmathison1972
widukind
Bonnie
tjjtjjtjja
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 5:13 pm

Indeed
Back to top Go down
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 7:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 7:38 pm

Would I be correct in assuming that these figures are among the best representatives of their species? Surpassing the original Wild Rush ones; and rivalling the NTC Africa set?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 7:51 pm

FlaffyRaptors wrote:
Would I be correct in assuming that these figures are among the best representatives of their species? Surpassing the original Wild Rush ones; and rivalling the NTC Africa set?

only if you paint them properly ;-). These will be unpainted model kits. What you see in these images is NOT how they will be sold
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 7:59 pm

I love the tortoise inside the shell, just not coming out to say hello right now thank you very much Laughing

The giraffe looks to have grooves in the sculpt like a painting template, they're deep enough to detract from how nice it would look finished [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Brettnj

Brettnj

Country/State : USA/New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 8:04 pm

Good gosh, these are so awesome (once painted).

July and August release dates for first two. Unknown for the second two at this point.

Taking orders for all now. They will be released in groups, so you need to specify which animals you want if ordering individually and take whatever comes with them.

Please PM if interested if not on my mailing list.

And, as I just sent to my mailing list, mini yay for me for predicting young giraffe(s!) due to the adult looking downward... ; )

Brett
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 8:34 pm

I love you drunken
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 8:45 pm

These look amazing.
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

Country/State : China/Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 4:57 am

According to the website, neither of these two sets will be painted. The pictures shown are official ones. Kaiyodo's wish is probably for players to paint by themselves.

ARTPLA keeper and lion set and ARTPLA tourists and giraffe set will be released in August 2022.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 7:18 am

Very nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 12:41 am

This series is very exciting. Besides the animals being in scale, the zoo keepers and visitors are nicely integrated and their size could be useful for display with not only other similar animal miniatures, but as a scale comparison with a number of extinct species & dinosaurs. The concept, reminiscent of some older brands, is quite a surprise relative to what is usually currently produced.

While I’m not sure how I feel about the pattern being sculpted for the excellent giraffe, I suppose it is a thoughtful design decision for a product that is sold unpainted. I’ll be curious to see more about how they look and assemble in their final production form.

I noticed the same source of these pictures seems to show the adult elephant further down the page:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think the little placards may also indicate release dates? If the first groups are scheduled for August, then it seems the second two may indicate September, and the elephant December?

A Kaiyodo elephant at this size, rather than either very small or immense, is certainly nothing I had ever expected.

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 12:53 am

A.R.Garcia wrote:
This series is very exciting. Besides the animals being in scale, the zoo keepers and visitors are nicely integrated and their size could be useful for display with not only other similar animal miniatures, but as a scale comparison with a number of extinct species & dinosaurs. The concept, reminiscent of some older brands, is quite a surprise relative to what is usually currently produced.

While I’m not sure how I feel about the pattern being sculpted for the excellent giraffe, I suppose it is a thoughtful design decision for a product that is sold unpainted. I’ll be curious to see more about how they look and assemble in their final production form.

I noticed the same source of these pictures seems to show the adult elephant further down the page:

I think the little placards may also indicate release dates? If the first groups are scheduled for August, then it seems the second two may indicate September, and the elephant December?

A Kaiyodo elephant at this size, rather than either very small or immense, is certainly nothing I had ever expected.

It appears that way and the lookout terrace shown after the adult Elephant Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 1:22 am

These are beautiful! I really appreciate that the keepers are represented hauling manure, moving trashcans, and sweeping. Laughing And also feeding the baby elephant. I love you It's so interesting that they have incorporated the keepers so much and made them as interesting as the animals, and I do kind of love it. I tried to find if the uniform they have chosen to paint them in here was a real one from one of the zoos in Japan, but couldn't find anywhere that wasn't in khakis like every zookeeper everywhere, haha. Those bright white boots!

These are really incredible sculpts. Maybe someday I will branch into Japanese figures, they are just a level beyond . . . . I don't think I'd trust myself to try to paint these, though.
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 1:42 am

Forgot to mention, it occurred to me when thinking about the possible release dates, that releasing these unpainted may mean the time between concept and final sale is potentially shortened for the company? I imagine that preparing paint schemes for mass production, at the quality level of Kaiyodo products, would be a significant factor in the development timeline. Though these were probably all developed concurrently, those potential release times seem quite prolific.

By the way,  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , I really like your profile picture.

Jill, I had wondered the same thing about the painting on the keepers and it does appear to be an authentic uniform, at one institution at least:

Those are interesting outfits, but I don't think they would be my first choice when painting...

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 1:45 am

A.R.Garcia wrote:

Jill, I had wondered the same thing about the painting on the keepers and it does appear to be an authentic uniform, at one institution at least:

Those are interesting outfits, but I don't think they would be my first choice when painting...
Ah ha, great find! I'm going to ask my zookeeper forum if anyone knows specifically which facility, just out of curiosity.

EDIT: They did know, it's Tobe Zoological Park! Or at least probably inspired by.
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 5:27 am

SHIMANO X Kaiyodo STRIKEFANTASY

News from WF 2022 Jpan[SUMMER].

Shimano Joint Kaiyodo STRIKEFANTASY lure fishing figure (lure color is Kaiyodo special)
it will be released in October 2022

1.Lateolabrax japonicus
2.Sepioteuthis lessoniana
3.Micropterus salmoides
4.Oncorhynchus masou

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 5:28 am

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 5:28 am

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 5:47 am

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 4:41 pm

Thank you for the specie names

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brettnj

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 3:37 pm

A paste from today's mail to my customer list...

I have to ask Wes how these are being sold but it looks like Kaiyodo is issuing a Malayan tapir as part of a not all animal set associaged with Glico. Taking requests now.

And so here's a tough call... Spend the money for the blind set or go for what will surely be high prices for any wanted figures at resale... Taking pre-orders now. Releases 11/1.
I'm buying one--I can already feel the regret and frustration and self recrimination if I don't...
Kaiyodo Advent calendar.
Here's a translation...
Excited every day until Christmas!

Kaiyodo's special advent calendar, reservations start from November 1st!

The advent calendar began in Europe as a custom to count the days in anticipation of the birth of Christ. Today, it is a seasonal item that opens every day for 24 days from December 1st to Christmas, with sweets and toys inside the window, and it has become a staple for Christmas.

This time, Kaiyodo will also introduce a variety of minifigures, called "Advent Calendar 2022"!

From real animals and dinosaurs to imaginary monsters and characters familiar to art works, Kaiyodo has a policy of "anything that exists in this world can be made into a model". Recorded. In addition to general sales items, rare hidden inventory is also added, making it a great value for a total of 15,000 yen.

"Advent Calendar 2022", where the excitement of figures continues for 24 days, what will come out today. It is also recommended as a gift that can be enjoyed all year round, not just for Christmas.

@KAIYODO

* The images shown are samples during development and may differ slightly from the actual product. Please note.

Curious how people will handle this one... Think trading when making a decision.
Back to top Go down
Brettnj

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 7:58 pm

Hey.

The Advent calendar releases in Japan on 11/30.

If anyone finds photos of the 24 figures, please post the relevant ones here.

Thanks.
Brett
Back to top Go down
MammothProductions

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 2:41 am

The ARTPLA crocodile, after looking through some manual photographs online, is intended to be a West African Dwarf Crocodile. Is this a new species in figure form?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 4:32 pm

It is indeed the first official toy of this species
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:33 pm

Sounds good for me

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo - 2022   Kaiyodo - 2022 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo - 2022
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Japanese companies :: Kaiyodo - Furuta-
Jump to: