Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Five Below shops in US

Go down 
+2
widukind
pipsxlch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Five  Below shops in US Empty
PostSubject: Five Below shops in US   Five  Below shops in US EmptyThu 04 Nov 2021, 03:06

I was in a Five Below today, and the had Yowies at $3 each, and some Breyers- blind bag Stablemates in real horse and unicorn, and some models I hadn't seen before- about Paddock Pals size, 2 different molds in 2 colors each (also unicorns on the same molds), but made of hard hollow plastic instead of the usual resin.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Five Below shops in US   Five  Below shops in US EmptyThu 04 Nov 2021, 07:27

Sounds good

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Five Below shops in US   Five  Below shops in US EmptyThu 04 Nov 2021, 19:49

Sounds wonderful, it's always fin to discover what models each different shop holds! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Five Below shops in US   Five  Below shops in US EmptyThu 04 Nov 2021, 22:02

They Breyers sound very interesting!

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Five Below shops in US   Five  Below shops in US EmptyFri 05 Nov 2021, 01:49

Maybe I can go back and pick one up as a demo, or sneak a camera in lol.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Five Below shops in US   Five  Below shops in US EmptyFri 05 Nov 2021, 14:33

Those are very interesting finds. A pity there's a huge Ocean between us.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Five Below shops in US   Five  Below shops in US EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021, 02:13

I snuck back with a camera... Postimage is glitchy tonight, but if they don't show now maybe they will later. The closest description I can give for the material is the old Johnny West horses I had as a toddler, or a Barbie/Grand Champions horse with molded mane and tail. Hard hollow plastic. Like Breyers made to handle little kid abuse.
Five  Below shops in US IMG_20211108_180701832
Five  Below shops in US IMG_20211108_180642985
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Five Below shops in US   Five  Below shops in US EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021, 15:38

The chestnut horse looks to be very interesting!

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Five Below shops in US   Five  Below shops in US EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021, 16:49

I'm kind of on the fence about these budget models, on the one hand it's good they're introducing more potential customers to the model horse world, but on the other, if this is people's first encounter with the Breyer brand, they're going to give the impression they're all cheap hollow plastic horses with seams.
It wouldn't do harm to the brand's general reputation among existing customers, who know the quality of the standard models and that these are different, but for, someone picking up one of this range as their first ever Breyer, they're going to think 'Huh, these aren't worth the $20/50 I've seen them for online', and never order any of the normal Classics or Traditionals.

The big plus, though, is that they're affordable for the sort of families who could never justify a $20 toy, and they're a good ten times better for realism than a normal poundshop/dollarstore type plastic horse, so they're a good option for anyone wanting to start a budget collection, which could grow into exploring the 'real' Breyer models in later years.

(Also, how jealous am I that those 'Horse Crazy' blind bags are just sitting readily available on the shelf in a cheap ordinary shop, when we have to pay around £20 each on the second hand market to get them in this country, hahah Laughing )

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Five Below shops in US   Five  Below shops in US EmptyThu 11 Nov 2021, 04:14

Lol I'm jealous you can walk into shops and find Papo and CollectA.

Were there any of that lot you were looking for in particular, George? You can generally tell by feeling through the bag, and I can pick up a couple.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Five Below shops in US   Five  Below shops in US EmptyThu 11 Nov 2021, 09:29

Where I come from, shops only have Schleich, so Papo and CollectA (and Safari and Mojo) are all things you can only buy online - we're ALL jealous of those mainland-Europe people who can just go in shops for stuff Laughing

I already bought the ones on my wishlist, (it was the Saddlebred, Running TB, and buckskin Partbred Arab from that batch), but thank you for the offer!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five Below shops in US   Five  Below shops in US Empty

Back to top Go down

Five Below shops in US
Page 1 of 1