Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou

Go down 
+12
Taos
costicuba
Caracal
Ana
Pardofelis
landrover
rogerpgvg
widukind
Bonnie
Roger
Joliezac
Kikimalou
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 2:41 pm

This month I therefore broke the piggy bank to offer myself four creatures out of the hands and brushes of Nepaim Hesev, a Spanish artist who strives to sculpt wild animals at a scale of 1/20.
These resin models are produced on demand. I've been eyeing his productions for a long time, but until now my wallet had held up.
You can't resist all your life and I finally managed to open it, it must be said that Nepaim had just created a Red river hog and I have great difficulty in resisting the call of this animal.  bounce
This magnificent pig is unfortunately under-represented in the world of toys, when we see the number of warthogs produced with a beautiful brown color and some hairs on the stone, we really say to ourselves that companies don’t like animals dressed for the carnival.
You must all take your kids visiting zoo with Red river hogs inside, the more popular, the more I hope to add some on my shelves.
As the pig didn’t want to travel alone, I gave him a few Chevrotains to share the cost of the trip and take advantage of a special place in my displays.  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So it's time to go over the little things in review, starting with the Red river hog of course.
I own of course the CollectA and the K&M but neither really satisfies me, even if I like them anyway. The first lives its life on my 1/15 African shelf at 1/15 and the smallest on the 1/22 one. I was missing one for my 1/20 shelf.  Laughing

A few pictures of the little guy.

As there was a void next to the pig, I invested in a Water chevrotain, it is the only Tragulidae that lives in the humid forests of equatorial Africa. What better neighbour for a Red river hog ? Of all the Chevrotains it is also the largest, the size of a small dog.

On its roll Nepaim started to create other Chevrotains and, on my roll, I bought them.

Let's start with the larger of the two, the Greater mouse-deer, which lives in the tropical rainforests and mangroves of Southeast Asia. It is present in Sumatra, Borneo, and in the small islands of the archipelago, in Malaysia, in the south of Burma, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Weighing 5 to 8 kg, it measures 70 to 75 cm and a shoulder height of 30 to 35 cm. A giant !  Shocked
Males do not have antlers but have two elongated upper canines forming fangs.

Last but not least, here is the Yellow-striped chevrotain from Sri Lanka. It was considered before as a Sri Lankan spotted chevrotain subspecies. The last one is found in the dry zone and the Yellow-striped chevrotain replaced in the wet zone.
Head and body length in the species typically is 43–51 cm. Males have Tusk-like upper canines instead of antlers.

And now a few words about these photos, I have an excellent macro lens which can be a bit cruel at times with small figures, many details invisible to the naked eye are revealed as well.
Despite this handicap, I continue to use it because it also pays tribute to the work of sculptors and painters.

I find these little creatures absolutely amazing, Nepaim knows how to breathe life and grace into them. It is all the more stupendous at the scale at which he works.

A few photos will explain better.  Very Happy

With a green mole-rat

With a few African rainforest friends

With some Southeastern asian fellows.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 3:13 pm

Wow!! Really beautiful models! I didn't realize how tiny they were until I saw them next to the okapi and tapir... They are beautifully detailed for their size. Big congrats cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 3:16 pm

I know your enthusiasm about red river hogs since Ralf made one. Laughing
To be fair, I think it was the first time I've heard about them, I thought it meant something like the terrible beast of the bloody river.
My English was so poor that the only word I knew for pig was pig. pig
Not long after, we choose a figure for Mojö Fun to release and during the poll, the manager of Mojö Fun, our friend James, confessed that he was worried if the river hog was the winner because it wouldn't be easy to sculpt it in toy shape. Naturally, a resin model is different, just look at that tail. Oh, I don't know what happened with tat poll that shortly after CollectA released one and it is what I ahve in my collection.
Diversity is not bad these days but nothing compares with the revolution of the sables that changed forever the toy animal panorama.
These deer are even more impossible to expect from any of these brands, so I think your decision of getting those finely sculpted figures was the best decision you could have taken..
I love your cruel pictures and the concept of grouping figures at the same scale is fantastic!

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 3:50 pm

Beautiful walkaround of these wonderful and interesting models made by such a talented artist! cheers It's really nice that there are resin models of more unusual species, definitely a good decision to add this figure to your collection! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 3:59 pm

Wo wowonderful

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 3:59 pm

Stunning figures. I like the river hog, but I like the chevrotains even more, because I had never even heard of them. The size comparison in the last photo is great, it's very striking how small the chevrotains are. You are making great use of your macro lens. I wish I had one, but the problem is that it's worth so many animal figures.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 6:43 pm

Red river hog and family are wonderful , nice colors.

Applause Applause Applause

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 3:21 am

What a fantastic models! Red river hog captures the essence of the species infinitely better than the CollectA model! And I'm amazed at how tiny are the chevrotains compared with the tapir!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 3:30 am

They are so lovely! Wonderful newcomers I love you I love all 4 models but the three chevrotains especially, they look so delicate and graceful. 😀
Their legs look so fragile, are they made of resin or 3D printed?

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 10:47 am

Thank you all cheers

@Joliezac, I indeed post the comparison pics at the end of the post Laughing

@Roger I undersatnd James fear but I'm sure it is possible to make a good Red river hog toy since it is possible for Mojo to make an excellent wild boar and an amazing Warthog Wink
But now I want a Bushpig bouncebouncebouncebouncebounce lol!

I will continue to make cruel "same scale"  pics, it is a macaque tradition now Very Happy

@Bonnie  I hope my bank account will continue to agree my "good decisions" Laughing

@rogerpgvg Indeed Macro lenses are expensive and mine isn't the cheaper, I had to choose but making pics is a big part of my way of collecting so it was a necessary evil. 

@Pardofelis my little finger told me that you would like these models Very Happy

@Ana Well Nepaim says they are made in resin but I had a doubt for the small Chevrotains when I discovered my pictures, the horizontal lines are beyond suspicion to the naked eye.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 1:13 pm

Thank you for sharing so beautiful pictures of so beautiful and very rare models! I understand very well your point of view since I have the same problem with some species (Serval for exemple although I have 3!) who are not at the sclale of my main ranges! cheers cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 1:26 am

I love them all ! cheers
Wonderful products from Nepaim`s hands Applause
I saw his Red river hog on facebook group , when he showed there and I really liked it.
Now , with your great photos, I like it even more. The sculpt is wonderful and it is also painted very fine.
The 3 smaller models are amazing. So small, with so thin legs, it is impressive !
I think, my favorite is the Water chevrotain, because of the lovely pose :)
Congratulations Kiki for these great models !

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 1:47 pm

Absolutely stunning models and soooooo detailed!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 2:39 pm

I like them all very much and I like the concept of divARTsity, making a 1:20 miniature world. I suppose 1:18 would be a more appropriate scale to be able to handle most of the animals, elephants and giraffes could stay as they are. Of course paying 220 euros for an elephant is another thing, but... Aesthetically, their fragile appearance is an advantage.

The straight lines on the small models are a mystery, at first I thought it might be a "gluing point", but then I saw it repeating on the legs too. Then I thought of the 3D printing like Anna, but why use a digital printing on a model without a complex fur-pattern? It makes no sense I think. scratch

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 7:56 am

@Caracal Thank you cheers What problem ?

@costicuba The Red river hog caught my eyes first, then the whole batch caught my heart... And a part of my wallet Laughing

@Taos thank you Taylor Very Happy

@spacelab I guess Nepaim is using 3D printing for small models beacuse it's less risky than traditional moulds, legs are really thin and I'm not sure artisanal production tools could make them safely.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 9:35 am

Wow, chevrotains! Me like!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 9:47 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Wow, chevrotains! Me like!

They are perfect for your synoptic collection Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 2:11 pm

Wonderful creatures!! And so tiny!! Such great additions! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 2:12 pm

Thank you Shanti sunny
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 3:45 pm

Magnificent photos and masterful figures Congratulation Christophe Very Happy Applause Applause Applause cheers drunken sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Merci Jean-Luc Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou   Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Divartisity Red river hog and Chevrotains review by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1