Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21

Go down 
+5
sunny
SUSANNE
Ana
Bonnie
Miss Jane
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 Empty
PostSubject: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 9:16 am

(Also, not sure if these guys count as minatures/collectables but they are quite small, so they kind of are. If I posted on the wrong board, let me know and I'll try change it.)
(I'm also hoping to make even smaller ones at some point)

So as some of you know I've been making crochet Plush animals, but lately I've finally succeeded with a much smaller pattern. Minis, in general are really hard as they are tricky to stuff and then detail, and these ones take as long as the bigger ones to assemble!
They're made from regular yarn at the moment, though one day I'll try even smaller minis with crochet string.
I absolutely love them though, and have been trying extra hard to get them as realistic as possible.
Shaded with acrylics, pastels, alcohol and water markers, and the noses are made from polymer clay (and are only 6mm long!)
I've had so much fun working on them.

I've just got the Pug and a few mugshots of the Bulldog I've just finished and am working on a white tiger cub so I'll do a photoshoot of them soon too. I'm thinking of making some as sets (either as pairs), or with accessories like a playset for kids (and will have some more child friendly noses). I think the photography is my favourite part, making them look real but tiny at the same time.

Crochet Mini Dogs
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pug #1

English Bulldog - real Photoshoot
(I only finished him today, he hasn't had his photoshoot yet)

English Setter
Another one I intended to sell but fell in love with, looks like I'm collecting minis now  Laughing

Crochet Big Cat Cubs

White Tiger Cub
I had so much fun making this one, it was actually a gift for a family member. So cute!

If I'm honest I love these guys so much I don't think I'll be able to part with these two. But I'll certainly make more. Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Miss Jane on Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 12:20 pm

These two are honestly so so sweet, I can completely understand why it would be hard to part with them! sunny This technique works so well for these little animals, I can't wait to see more- I love them, especially as they're dogs! I love you Very talented! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 12:56 pm

They are adorable! I love you

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 7:34 pm

Ohhhh! How absolutely lovely drunken Applause I love you

sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 1:41 am

these are wonderful, excellent expressions and nice how you are adapting them to your own style! you are very talented indeed :) well done!!
and I can see these being collectors items.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 3:52 am

These are both adorable and stunning, I can easily see them becoming addictive! You have a real gift with needles.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 4:08 am

They are so so cute too! I am so impressed with this skill and talent you have. I was not blessed with the gift of sewing/crochet/stitch etc.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 4:14 am

Aww! Thank you all So so much! It's so great to be able to share them. I'm going to have to make more so I can part with them haha Laughing

I know it looks like I've been doing this forever, but I've only been crocheting plush for 8 months. I was so bad at it initially, so many plushies got thrown across the room haha!
But I made myself practise and take notes on my mistakes so I think that's helped a lot. I have done other mixed media sculptures and of course, years of sketching have helped me work out anatomy so it's a combination of all that.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 7:48 am

So that is how to do it Very Happy

Just practice and take notes, - and then combine with heaps of talent and persistence, og course Wink

I could not help laughing about you throwing your work across the room Laughing

A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:08 am

They're so sweet and tiny drunken drunken
You did a great job at learning such a skill in a relative short amount of time, great work!

and it's good to see you back on the forum again too :)

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 9:37 pm

Aw thanks guys!
Susanne - at least they are plush and don't hurt themselves when they do go flying [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AJ it's great to see you too! And thanks!
Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 1:09 am

More minis Yay! Just updating the post because they are so cute and had to share Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 1:51 am

Oh my heck! Such a cute little friend. :) Looks a lot like my neighbors setter, Jade.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 2:27 am

Love that setter! These are wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 9:10 am

So cute! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21   Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miss Jane's Crochet MINIS - Dogs and Other Animals - NEW plushies added 08/12/21
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Homemade models-
Jump to: