Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My New Ray little collection

Go down 
+5
Jill
rogerpgvg
widukind
Bonnie
Caracal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

My New Ray little collection Empty
PostSubject: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 5:41 pm

I don't specialy collect New ray animals but some arrived here from time to time, in batches with others I am collecting, and now I realise that I have a little collection with some very interesting models:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I like a lot this gorilla  and I repainted one model.

some have different colour versions all marqued 1993!

I am not fan of bases but these dio-ones are rather nice..

and I particulary like this anaconda going out of water to climb on branches:

it's at the same scale as the Starlux boa:

and together for size comparisons:

Last edited by Caracal on Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 6:50 pm

Lovely little New Ray models! Very Happy I really love the squirrels, and other animals on the base, an unusual model but so pretty to look at!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 7:05 pm

NewRay figures are always interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 7:06 pm

Great collection. I think the New-ray models are generally well sculpted, but the paint colours are famously odd, although you have some of the better colours (I have a pink rhino and brown bear, for example). The blue wild boar is very flashy, no detail picture of that one?

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 8:31 pm

many thanks to you three Bonnie, Andreas and Roger! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 8:36 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Great collection. I think the New-ray models are generally well sculpted, but the paint colours are famously odd, although you have some of the better colours (I have a pink rhino and brown bear, for example). The blue wild boar is very flashy, no detail picture of that one?

You're right some good sculptings (little animals, gorilla, gazellas but colours sometimes rather odd, this rhino is pink too!
here a closer picture of the wild boars:

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 10:15 pm

Thanks, I hadn't seen it in this colour before.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 10:49 pm

These are so cool. I also really like that anaconda! I agree, I don't like bases too much (as a kid they were frustrating because you couldn't play with each individual animal), but they've done nicely with these. Beautiful collection!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 11:01 pm

Even if the figures do not work always impressive when displayed individually, mostly because of their attractive but unrealistic colors, I think the series of 32 is a tempting subject for collecting. Some designs are wonderful and one of them, I see, is in my collection. I think it worth to collect the whole series.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 10:51 am

Many thanks to you both Jill and Rogério! Very Happy

Rogério, as explained up, this little collection is a self made one, I didn't do it in purpoose! :)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 10:24 pm

Nice selection of New Ray-the white wolf is a new one-I haven't seen that one before,its normally the Maned Wolf. Smile

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 10:46 pm

Nice animlas ,Caracal cheers cheers

My favorite is the brown bear.

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 11:21 pm

Thank you Taos and Fernando! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 4:43 am

Lovely figures, that anaconda is especially nice! Yes it might be a pity with a rare figure like that, but can you imagine one repainted by one of our talented artists?
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 9:40 pm

The New-Rays are worth collecting for their "artistic" colours. They are unlike any other animal figures, quite special in their own way.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 10:49 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Lovely figures, that anaconda is especially nice! Yes it might be a pity with a rare figure like that, but can you imagine one repainted by one of our talented artists?

Sure, if I had a second one, I would try to repaint it! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 10:50 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
The New-Rays are worth collecting for their "artistic" colours. They are unlike any other animal figures, quite special in their own way.

I totaly agree Roger! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My New Ray little collection   My New Ray little collection Empty

Back to top Go down

My New Ray little collection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: New Ray-
Jump to: