Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures

Go down 
+29
landrover
Saien
Michelle
Gecko08
rogerpgvg
Pardofelis
Lorelain
Burgerenby
lucky luke
jarda
NightLioness
LukaLeon085
Takama
widukind
Tupolew Tu-154
Joliezac
Loustic
aschuck
endogenylove
George
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
Duck-Anch-Amun
aaronaardvark
Stripedhyena
Roger
Bonnie
Kikimalou
Ana
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 9:52 am

Good! That golden eagle is superb!!!
I'm stranged about the two colours of barn owl, it's just the lighting effect or there are two paint versions?
The mammooth is nice tough I would have prefaired one with more curved tusks Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Lorelain

Lorelain

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 9:53 am

Ana wrote:

Lorelain wrote:
I need wolf in my pack.
Brumbies are Southland replicas, aren't they? Оо
It will be interesting to compare mare made by Mojo with mare made by Southland Replicas

Brumbies are the exact SR molds, only paintwork may vary a bit. So, I imagine they will look like color variations next to each other.
Anyway I'll buy all the horses :) Thank you, Anna!
Back to top Go down
Lorelain

Lorelain

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 9:56 am

Barn Owl and Golden Eagle *-*
Both of them are superb! I'm not collecting birds, but...it seems like time to start.
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 10:11 am

Thank you for sharing these pictures, Anna! Very nice birds (and mammoth as well), I am happy that Mojo uses their own -brand new- molds. These raptors are much better than Bully old raptor series with oversized legs. Anna, could you please add the size info (as I am curious how these birds fit to old Schleich counterparts)?
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 10:32 am

After all these years, I finally found with the old Schleich Golden Eagle as representation of this animal and I always wondered why there aren't more figures. Finally, Mojo heard my thoughts and even that I won't replace it, I'm glad that there is a new accurant representation of this majestic creature.

For the peregrin falcon, it looks really nice, but I wished we've got a common crestel instead as there are a lot of peregrin falcons available.

Even that there isn't something for me this year, I'glad that Mojo could add some new models and even save some in these hard years.
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 10:43 am

cyclops wonderful birds, especially the barn owl, very realistic. And the mammoth is splendid

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 11:00 am

Fantastic, I am happy that new birds are emerging at Mojö. Very Happy Applause cheers bounce
They seduce me a lot, a little sad because they are stadard species. Rolling Eyes
I fully understand that Mojö has to introduce them in his game palette. sunny
I have been waiting for years in the farm animals game for a guinea fowl made by Ana and her collaborators Wink drunken
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 11:23 am

I especially like the birds

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 11:40 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Good! That golden eagle is superb!!!
I'm stranged about the two colours of barn owl, it's just the lighting effect or there are two paint versions?
The mammooth is nice tough I would have prefaired one with more curved tusks Very Happy

I think the photos are from two different photo sessions but the model is the same. I thought I would share two as the details are sharper on the first one but the second one is a different angle.

Lorelain wrote:
Barn Owl and Golden Eagle *-*
Both of them are superb! I'm not collecting birds, but...it seems like time to start.

sunny

jarda wrote:
Thank you for sharing these pictures, Anna! Very nice birds (and mammoth as well), I am happy that Mojo uses their own -brand new- molds. These raptors are much better than Bully old raptor series with oversized legs. Anna, could you please add the size info (as I am curious how these birds fit to old Schleich counterparts)?  

I didn't receive the information about exact measurements. All birds fall into Medium category, so maybe they will be comparable with other models from the same size range?

widukind wrote:
I especially like the birds

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 11:57 am

Beautiful new models once again, that eagle is amazing! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 12:39 pm

Considering the pandemic effects on this industry, I think Mojö's assortment for 2022 shows a brand with good levels of vitality.
Just like @Duck-Anch-Amun I was all these years puzzled about the absence of golden eagle figures. That's such an iconic, popular and beautiful bird. However, it worth the wait, this Mojö model looks absolutely magnificent! cheers I am so glad they have not reused the bald eagle mould, some brands did it in the past, I remember we discussing about these eagles using different models of pants. Laughing I am really excited about this figure even if I own the old Schleich and the special Mojö Fun version.
All other birds are very well sculpted too, again the strange light on these pictures but the barn owl seems to be a precious sculpt. Obviously relatively common species for us but all of them are new for Mojö Fun. I am actually glad they haven't introduced the wedge-tailed eagle from Southlands, I think it is a fantastic model but clearly does not match with Mojö style. Maybe with a little remastering of the mould, they could remove the snake and make it stand without it. Unlikely, maybe just a bizarre idea. Mammoth looks nice, seems tall and narrow like the eoFauna stepe mammoth, I think applying a darker color on its tusks could make it look even more realistic. Coelacanth is a piece of art, Mojö made it really beautiful. The open mouth, the waving body, the bright blue color, love it really! cheers

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 1:17 pm

A lovely selection of birds, which all go well to fill gaps in the range so far - I understand it's a bit sad for people who collect strictly one figure per species when a brand 'repeats' something which is already on the market, but for each individual company it's important to have a nice wide spread of species, including the frequently made ones. Imagine if Papo hadn't bothered doing lions because there were already plenty of Schleich ones, or CollectA only made antelope species no-one else had got to first - if everybody avoided common species, their own ranges would have weird gaps! Laughing
Plus, from an artistic point of view, I'm a firm believer that the more choice of style and sculptor, the better. So I enjoy seeing new releases even for the common species Very Happy

My favourite of the birds is the golden eagle, lovely pose and great detail to the sculpt, I appreciate the effort to make it varied shades of brown instead of plain.
The barn owl is beautiful too, the expression is perfect. I'd have loved to see a flying pose as that's always how I see them in the wild, but those are always tricky cos you either have to have the feet out like it's grabbing prey to prop it up, or else use a clear pole base to have it held flying in mid-air, and I don't think Mojo would ever go for that cos everything has to be play-compatible, not display-only. I much prefer the lighting for the second shot, a lot more naturalistic and flattering.

The mammoth is also impressive, I'm not a prehistoric collector don't know how it compares to others on the market but like I said, a good addition to fill a gap in Mojo's own range : already a favourite animal with adult collectors, and hugely popular with the current batch of children thanks to the Ice Age films, I bet it'll sell well.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 1:45 pm

I'm very pleased with the new Mojo models. 

First I'm glad at least some SR moulds are saved despite the difference of painting. SR and Mojo are a part of STS history, as Rogério said, and it is good to discover this rescue episode. Very Happy

Coelacanth seems just excellent !

The birds are nice too and I hope we will see more of those in the future.

The fennec fox is a very good surprise because the last Fennec productions left me hungry. I like the pose of this one, I sometimes complained about Mojo wildlife models to be a bit too static for my taste (not counting the Sable and Crested macaque though WinkLaughing) but this one has a really nice pose, very natural Very Happy

The Red panda is also very interresting with its unusual pose, I have the Eikoh because of this and the Mojo is really charming.

So what about the mammoth ? Last year Mojo made for the first time a Prehistoric animal that made my heart beat a little faster. The Smilodon pose, the details and the proportions seduced me. This year, this mammoth repeats the feat! I already have too many mammoths in my house but it makes me want to push the walls. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 2:01 pm

Not much for me from Mojo. I'll get the Brumby stallion, unless I get an SR original from Minizoo that still has some in stock (I'll have to wait and see next time I order from them). And I might get the bulldog; a friend of mine has pure bulldogs and he says this Mojo one is a very good likeness!

The face of the barn owl is fantastic, but I already have a good representation of it.

I saw a golden eagle yesterday while birding :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 2:09 pm

What do we think of the scientific accuracy of the mammoth? Were woolly mammoth tusks always very curved? I like it and might consider it as my first prehistoric model if it is accurate.

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 2:59 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
What do we think of the scientific accuracy of the mammoth? Were woolly mammoth tusks always very curved? I like it and might consider it as my first prehistoric model if it is accurate.

Woolly Mammoths did have a curved head and back seen here (left). A mastodon is on the right
mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 E4eff510

The Safari one are currently the best versions of both of these, but I’m keeping tabs on this thread to see what else mojo makes.

Also check out my collection here: https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t24843-gecko08s-updated-collection#479813
Crocodile Haydn Crocodile
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 3:17 pm

Oh wow!! Applause Finally a good representation of a golden eagle! I'm really surprised there aren't more on the market, they are extremely popular and we already have tons of bald eagles. The barn owl looks beautiful also wow! I love the paintwork on the face. The peregrine falcon isn't painted the best but its a great bird and I will gladly want all 3 birds.

The mammoth looks very nice but I already have Safari's unbeatable Carnegie figure and Eofuana's model so I think I'll pass for now.

Thank you again for posting these images for us!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 3:59 pm

Gorgeous! Excited to see these in person

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 4:02 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:

The tusks are most of the time very curved but some are less, I think we will need more pics to see how they really are on the Mojö.

I keep the Favorite, Carnegie, Invicta and, for my vintage shelves, Starlux and MPC ones but maybe I can find a small place for this one scratch Wink
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 4:29 pm

The golden eagle is quite nice and the only one I will consider, although I do like many japanese representations of this bird as well. Everything else is nice, but just not something I need :)

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 4:56 pm

I was so hoping for them to do a new woolly mammoth since they remade their Smilodon, there are so few good woolly mammoth figures made and this one is fantastic!
I also love to see that they added a golden eagle, those are way too underrepresented in toy form.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Coelacanth Item number info   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 5:06 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi guys, just wondering, does anyone have the item number for the Mojo Coelacanth? Just to let you know, I've put this one on my searchlist, so I'm in need of the item number. If someone could supply it, that would be great. Also, is mojo doing anything with fantasy or cryptozoology this year? Like they did with the bigfoot you yeti, you know? Anyway, any info for these categories would be helpful too. Please provide item numbers too, because that's useful information.

Thanks in advance,

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 6:06 pm

So many good figures revealed! I'll definitely be getting the wolf for my small pack, and another for a custom project. Same with the golden eagle. I'll probably pick up one of the barn owl and possibly the peregrine. I have the old Schleich one, but peregrine's are my favorite bird of prey thanks to the book series My Side of the Mountain.
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 7:26 pm

Aww, they are amazing! cheers Applause Especially the standing red panda - it is a very interesting pose. I am very glad for the Sothlands Replicas models. I own the Perentie Lizard, it´s wonderful. I hope the Thylacoleo and Diprotodon will be saved too.

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 9:06 pm

I wonder if Southlands Replicas is selling the molds? Anyways, I’m really hoping for Thylacoleo

Also check out my collection here: https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t24843-gecko08s-updated-collection#479813
Crocodile Haydn Crocodile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   mojo - Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next