Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
Roger
widukind
rogerpgvg
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) Empty
PostSubject: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 5:33 pm

Another Timpo question. TAW lists the following lead dogs:

Timpo 5000 Great Dane
Timpo 5001 Borzoi
Timpo 5002 German Shepherd standing
Timpo 5003 German Shepherd lying
Timpo 5004 St Bernard
Timpo 5005 Greyhound
Timpo 5006 Pointer
Timpo 5007 French Poodle
Timpo 5008 Chow
Timpo 5009 Cocker Spaniel
Timpo 5010 Fox Terrier
Timpo 5011 Welsh Terrier
Timpo 5012 Scottish Terrier
Timpo 5013 Boston Terrier
Timpo 5014 Bull Terrier
Timpo 5015 Bulldog
Timpo 5016 Dachshund
Timpo 5017 Pekinese

I have some of these in plastic. But how many?

I am fairly sure this Scottish Terrier and dachshund are Timpos. They are made of polythene.
DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) Img_7511
DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) Img_7510

These two white dogs may also be Timpos, but the plastic seems slightly different, a bit harder. They could be the Welsh terrier and French poodle (?)
DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) Img_7512
DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) Img_7513

I also have one in grey. Looks and feels more like polythene, but not quite the same as the black Timpo dogs. What breed is it? Could it be the Cocker Spaniel?
DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) Img_7514

And finally, two more rubbery dogs in a cream colour with a similar size as the others. Probably not Timpo. One of them may be a cocker spaniel (?) and the other a boxer (?) But there is no boxer on the Timpo list, so that would rule them out as Timpos.
DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) Img_7517
DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) Img_7515

I am hoping that  @Taos sees it, because I remember he showed us some of the Timpo dogs, but I can't find the topic.

Last edited by rogerpgvg on Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 5:40 pm

Lovely dogs my friend

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 6:33 pm

Likely the last one is a Boxer and I believe the one you ask looks like an Irish Setter. Sometimes series are redesigned when moved to different materials. Maybe @Bonnie could help better with the breeds or @Susanne, @Taos, etc.
Which Taos' topic are you looking after? Is it specifically about Timpo?
There is this topic where you can find many of his dogs.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 6:56 pm

Thanks, Andreas. Not really something I collect, but I thought I should try to put them onto TAW before I give them away.

The grey one as an Irish setter makes sense. It isn't Timpo then.

I think it was Taylor's collection overview topic at the start of Covid, but I can't remember what it was called.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 7:25 pm

(C)roger !!!
You have become a dog expert cheers
The setter, I also think, must be an Irish setter, as the English setter is less sturdy Applause

Roger(2), what beautyful little models Applause

I just checked, and - yes ! I have the twin of the little dachshound Very Happy

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 6:44 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I just checked, and - yes ! I have the twin of the little dachshound Very Happy

No, his triplet brother, because I've got another one Wink
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 7:07 pm

I have the Scottish Terrier,Dachshund,Wire haired Fox Terrier and Poodle but I have them as being by Kellogs-here are the ones I have.
The grey dog is a setter-either a Irish Red setter or English setter.I have this also in white which I repainted.It's a 1970s made in Hong Kong model which I assume is a copy of another makers model.I am inclined to think its an Irish Red setter as they are the most popular of the setter breeds especially in the 1970s.
Th cream coloured Cocker spaniel I have seen before but can't remember anything else!
The last dog is definitely a Boxer but I don't know the maker.DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) Kellog11

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 9:02 pm

You are right, they are Kellogg's!
http://cerealoffers.com/Kelloggs/Rice_Krispies/1960s/Champion_Dogs_/champion_dogs_.html

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 12:44 pm

Wonderful, wonderful dogs!! sunny sunny I can't believe I missed this topic but lovely to see them now! Very Happy Would agree with everything Taylor and Susanne said! Very Happy The Kellogg's dogs were manufactured by DOM I think- a German company! The rubbery dogs are very sweet, I'm not sure of their brand but I love how they are small, yet detailed! Very Happy The setter is lovely too, a very elegant pose and the flowing fur looks really nice, it's just hard to tell which breed of setter, but as Taylor said it would probably go to the Irish being a more common breed then! Although the long ears made me think of a Gordon, and English would work too- there is so much variability within the breeds themselves that it's hard to pinpoint an exact one, as it could work for all of them! I love the Kellogg's dogs, the proportions seem really nice and they pay quite a lot of attention to the anatomy and details of each breed, The Dachshund is very sweet! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 11:29 am

Thank you. Yes, DOMPLAST: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/DOMPLAST

TAW says that DOMPLAST started in the 1970s, but the Kellogg's dogs were first issued in 1959. This site says that knights were already made in the 1960s https://www.angelfire.com/biz/toysoldierhq/Dom.html, so this should perhaps be corrected.

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 12:05 pm

Hello,
the Company DOM and Domplast are the same company. DOM was founded by HEINERLE. DOM is the producing company for HEINERLE.
I must search the source for this information. I only can tell you this information out of my mind.
HEINERLE changed the name from DOM to DOMPLAST and so you find informations about DOM in earlier times than notet by DOMPLAST.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 12:58 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thank you. Yes, DOMPLAST: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/DOMPLAST

TAW says that DOMPLAST started in the 1970s, but the Kellogg's dogs were first issued in 1959. This site says that knights were already made in the 1960s https://www.angelfire.com/biz/toysoldierhq/Dom.html, so this should perhaps be corrected.
Perfect, glad it was solved! Very Happy Confusing about the Kellogg's date though! study
And thanks for the info Benno! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 10:14 pm

Thanks, Benno. I have added to TAW that DOM produced figures for Heinerle. Do you perhaps know when DOM started producing plastic animals (approximately)?

I suppose one of the tan-coloured dogs that Taylor showed is a spaniel? What is the other tan dog, a corgi? There is no corgi on the DOM dog list, but I can't see what other dog it could be on the following list:

Afghan
Airedale
Bloodhound
Boxer
Chihuahua
Collie
Dachshund
German Shepherd
Great Dane
Greyhound
Labrador
Pekinese
Pointer
Pomeranian
Poodle
Saint Bernard
Scottie
Setter
Sheltie
Spaniel
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 4:19 am

scratch I would guess a Corgi also; can you see if the model has a tail? The more common Pembroke corgis generally don't, especially decades ago when docking was common. From that list, maybe Sheltie is the closest match but it would be a poor one if so.
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 5:58 am

Hallo rogerpgvg,
Ich denke, es gibt einen Fehler in der Benennung der Hunde. Der Hund namens "Sheltie" ist ein "Corgi".
Hier die Quelle des Fehlers:
DOM Hunde
DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) Hunde210
Benno.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:11 am

You are right, the "Sheltie" is a corgi Very Happy

They are wonderful models , and - ohhh! - there is both a greyhound and an afghan cheers

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:55 pm

Very interesting.The model I have is a Pembroke corgi.Also they have mixed the Pomeranian and the Pekingese up as well.The dog marked as an Airedale I always thought was a Wire haired Fox terrier but I suppose it could pass for an Airedale as they were a popular breed in the past.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 9:40 pm

Benno's picture may not show how DOMPLAST named the dogs, but how Toy Soldier HQ named them. Thank you all for your help with this, I've made the Sheltie a Corgi no TAW. I've put your photo with all Kellogg's dogs on TAW, Taylor, hope that's OK.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 9:47 pm

Your more than welcome to use the photo of the Kellogs dogs.

PostSubject: Re: DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)   DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo) Empty

Back to top Go down

DOMPLAST dogs (not Timpo)
Page 1 of 1