Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+6
pipsxlch
costicuba
Loon
Roger
Kikimalou
Joliezac
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons   Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 8:34 pm

I present Eofauna's triceratops pair: Cryptic and Dominant cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First: Dominant

Then Cryptic!

Now for the comparisons:

With my other triceratops, the Papo adult and baby

With some other herbivores, the Papo stegosaurus and parasolophus

Then finally, with the Papo t-rex

I love these pair of triceratops. I think they are very well done and I love the color scheme on them. They are in the perfect pose to fight so I can't wait to get some photos of them in the spring  cheers The detail and folds of skin are really well represented.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons   Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 8:57 pm

Thank you for this Jolie Very Happy

Those two singers are more tempting than I first thought, the painting is a bit flashy but fine and I begin to like those devilish horns Wink

I still like very much the old Papo but I must admit it looks a bit outadated near these two young guys.

I looove your pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons   Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 10:51 pm

You're welcome and thanks Very Happy

I typically prefer muted colors but I really love the colors on these figures Applause

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons   Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 12:38 am

I don't know why anytime I see the eofauna Triceratops, it always reminds me the Papo styracosaurus. I know it is weird, there isn't anything alike, maybe it is their favorite music genre or something else. Laughing
I share Christophe's fellings, I am starting to get used with these unconventional models and your excellent pictures show that they have a high artistic quality on them.

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons   Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 3:48 am

Congratulations on getting these two. I feel like, overall, they're the nicest Triceratops models out there, especially with those vibrant colors.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons   Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 5:23 am

Congratulations of having these wonderful models Jolie and thank you very much for the great walkaround ! Applause
I have only the Dominant version and I love it !
Eofauna models are really special.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons   Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 5:50 am

These have the gapes we were discussing on the PNSO model also, but for some reason it seems less jarring here. They are beautiful models, both of them!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons   Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 12:50 pm

They are pretty cool-looking Triceratopses! I like the cryptic version especially Very Happy

pipsxlch wrote:
These have the gapes we were discussing on the PNSO model also, but for some reason it seems less jarring here. They are beautiful models, both of them!

I agree! It's hard to say why but their jaws look less crocodilian than the one from PNSO, even if the gape is also wide. It could have something to do with the joint from the movable part of the latter, maybe? scratch

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons   Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 2:12 pm

Yeah, I think that might be the difference - the mouths here are open wide but sculpted solid that way, so there's no distinct join-gap making it look like they'd open right up to the point the jaw is hinged.

I think the nicest difference, for me, is the texture of the horns and beak on the Eofauna, they look healthy and smooth like I'm used to seeing on cattle horns, horse hoof, or parrot beak, where the Papo looks like he's got such deep cracks that chunks might start falling out!

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons   Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 2:20 pm

I really like the sculpt, but I don't see a need to replace my 2018 Safari figure. I am not crazy about the color of the 'cryptic' version; doesn't seem ecologically plausible, but we'll never know...

With regards to the comparison pics, everything looks great when compared to a Papo dinosaur Cool
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons   Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:50 pm

Vonderful models ! I love those blue legs Laughing

Thankyou for the walkarounds and comparisons. Very useful sunny

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons   Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

Eofauna Triceratops "Cryptic" & "Dominant" Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1