Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+5
widukind
George
Roger
bmathison1972
Joliezac
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 11:52 pm

Here is a walkaround of the wonderful Papo lobster!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I lobster isn't typically something I would collect, but since this one looked very nice from the stock images, I decided to add one to my collection. Although the figure is a bit larger than I would like, it really is beautiful and I'm glad I picked it up  cheers It's smooth and shiny with excellent paintwork that has a slight gradient throughout the body. The underside was not neglected and painted quite well. It looks like a model from a Japanese brand  Very Happy

I don't have many other crustaceans but here is the lobster next to the Yowie golden ghost crab and Tasmanian giant freshwater crayfish
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website

Last edited by Joliezac on Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 12:50 am

The Papo lobster is most-certainly the European lobster, Homarus gammarus
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 12:51 am

...by the way, where did you get it? I can't find anyplace shipping to the US now. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:17 am

This lobster is really impressed. I don't think I was expecting such a great model. I also don't collect seafood but I am sure I'd buy it if I accidentally found it locally. I will add a link from TAW to this topic.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:30 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
...by the way, where did you get it? I can't find anyplace shipping to the US now. Thanks.

Thanks! A European lobster makes much more sense. I got it and the smilodon from this seller on eBay. It can be a bit pricey but shipping combines automatically when you add multiple items to your cart and I can get Papo from here faster than on other sites.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:35 am

Joliezac wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Thanks! A European lobster makes much more sense. I got it and the smilodon from this seller on eBay. It can be a bit pricey but shipping combines automatically when you add multiple items to your cart and I can get Papo from here faster than on other sites.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks! Right after I posted that message, I found it :-). I ordered one. Wish they had the swallowtail, too, but maybe later
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 7:48 pm

That's an amazing level of finish and detail, as you said it's worthy of the more intricate and refined style of the Japanese brands. Love the joints on the legs being painted in, even on the underside!

I know the aquarium I visited on a school trip when I was little (and then again as an adult when my friends had a child) sold figures of loads of different kinds of sea creature, I imagine a lobster would sell really well in places like that even if it doesn't jump out as an animal many kids would choose in a general toy shop.
I can't remember what brand they had, though, and I just tried looking on the company's site but it doesn't have any info about what they stock - only that it's contactless card payment only, which is a shame for kids wanting to use their saved up pocket money in the shop!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 8:02 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 11:50 pm

Very detailed lobster.

Thanks for sharing. Nice photos. cheers cheers

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 5:39 am

Oh, that's going on my wishlist. Lovely, and the sort of model and creature I enjoy. Thanks for showing it, i might not have gone for one otherwise!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 7:24 pm

Thank you Jolie for this beautiful walkaround of this beautiful model! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 8:42 pm

Thank you for this really nice walkaround Jolie, I was sure to add one and now I'm even more sure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2021 Papo Lobster Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Papo :: Papo walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: