Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !

Go down 
+27
Ana
Kiryuha
jarda
donny ong
75senta75
Tove
rogerpgvg
Birdsage
widukind
Sander46
landrover
endogenylove
SUSANNE
Saien
sunny
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
aaronaardvark
Pardofelis
Bonnie
Gwaine
Joliezac
spacelab
Roger
bmathison1972
George
Kikimalou
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 Empty
PostSubject: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 1:54 am

Ladies and gentlemen, as you can SEE HERE, the STS 2021 Toy animal figure of the year competition is open.

It's time to make your  choices for Woodland animals. You have until Wednesday February 5th to list a maximum of three figures to this category. On February 6th, we will start a poll with the figures with the biggest number of choices.

Models of all brands can compete, the only rule is that it must be a 2021 new model.

You can edit your choices as long as this topic is active. Please avoid to let your choices for the last day because there isn't an exact hour to lock the topic.

Here are they  cheers

Papo Baribal
 The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 Papo-2021-black-bear-jolie

Papo Canada goose
 The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 Papo-canada-goose-jolie

CollectA Eurasian otter
 The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 Collecta-2021-otter-jolie

Schleich European badger
 The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 Schleich_2021_European_badger

Papo European robin
 The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 Papo-robin-jolie

Papo Gray heron
 The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 Papo-50274-Gray-Heron-7

Schleich Vulture
 The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 Schleich-14847-griffon

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 2:15 am

How is that Schleich manatee getting everywhere? Laughing Laughing Laughing

My nominations :

Papo Robin
Papo Heron
Papo Canada Goose

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 2:34 am

All Papo birds for me:

1. robin
2. heron
3. Canada goose!

not sure the manatee belongs in this category. What makes 'forest life' different than all the rest?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 2:57 am

Yes, the manatee everywhere may result confuse, we use to put sirenians for Sealife/Ocean category.
Also, with only 8 (including the manatee) figures, it is useless to open a topic for a top10 poll.
I know you don't have too much free time and you even opened this topic with pictures of real figures but maybe we could turn this topic into a poll or this category could wait for the polls to be started. It is never late... I can fix everything if needed.
In any case, here are my choices:
- Papo goose
- CollectA otter
- Papo robin

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 3:04 am

- Papo goose
- CollectA otter
- Papo robin
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 3:13 am

I'm most excited for this category, the Papo heron & robin are my favorite figures of 2021 cheers

1.) Papo Heron

2.) Papo European Robin

3.) Papo Canada Goose

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 3:30 am

1. CollectA Otter
2. Papo Robin
3. Schleich Manatee

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: http://tezzieh.deviantart.com/
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 3:40 am

Papo robin
CollectA otter
Papo goose
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 3:48 am

Ha, manatee? seriously?

Blaine, I would define "forest life" as species found in temperate to cold areas dominated by western civilization (not necessarily associated to woodland, they can be from tree-devoided alpine grasslands or to lakes for example, and not including any species from warm forest like tropical jungles, nor from temperate forests belonging to, say, Asia or New Zealand). So, essentially "woodland" are species from terrestrial wild animals found in temperate (non mediterranean) Europe and temperate (non xerotermic) USA.

My choices:

1: Papo robin
2: Papo Canada goose
3: CollectA Eurasian otter

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
aaronaardvark

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 4:06 am

Collecta Otter
Papo Heron
PAPO Robin
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 4:19 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Ha, manatee? seriously?

Blaine, I would define "forest life" as species found in temperate to cold areas dominated by western civilization (not necessarily associated to woodland, they can be from tree-devoided alpine grasslands or to lakes for example, and not including any species from warm forest like tropical jungles, nor from temperate forests belonging to, say, Asia or New Zealand). So, essentially "woodland" are species from terrestrial wild animals found in temperate (non mediterranean) Europe and temperate (non xerotermic) USA.

Schleich manatee was awarded the Rick Astley figure of the year. Laughing
You have no idea how these concepts are complex and how difficult it is to categorize some figures.
We try mostly to follow the maker's tradition of dividing wildlife and woodlands. As it is not even consensual among brands, Schleich redesigned the concept several times and Papo gave up. Look how the Forest (North American) series is different in Safari when compared with brands that focuses in European fauna. A puma is a "woodlands" animals for Safari and a regular wildlife for other brands. Red foxes exist almost everywhere and it is without any discussion considered a woodlands creature. What about polar bears? They range fairly with the Woodlands concept we promote but they're almost always sold as sealife. These inconsisties will always exist, there's no magic formula.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 6:03 am

Canada goose
Gray heron
CollectA otter

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 6:10 am

To tell the truth I wasn't supposed to open this topic, I did it quickly today by taking the animals found on the map of Europe and North America. That damn Manatee is hiding all over the place. WinkLaughing
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 7:27 am

Papo European Robin
Papo gray heron
CollectA Eurasian otter
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 7:38 am

Schleich Vulture
Schleich Manatee
Schleich European badger
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 7:45 am

Collecta - Eurasian Otter
Papo - Canada Goose
Schleich - European Badger

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 7:58 am

Robin
Heron
Goose Laughing

endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 12:27 pm

Papo Goose
Papo Robin
CollectA Otter

:)

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 12:30 pm

Heron
Robin
Vulture

Sander46

Sander46

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 1:36 pm

1. Papo Canada Goose
2. Papo Robin
3. Collecta Otter
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 6:30 am

Robin
Canada goose
Heron

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 5:31 am

Papo Gray Heron
Papo Canada Goose
Papo European Robin
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 6:22 am

Could I introduce another model? I hope it's considered a woodland animal, I am not quite sure what this category includes. I love the Ikimon Japanese hare:
 The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 Ikimon11

1. Ikimon Japanese hare
2. Papo European robin

The Ikimon Japanese hare because it is so small but the detail is amazing. We need more small figures like that! Beautiful typical pose.

The Papo European robin because it looks exactly like the robins in our garden and common small European birds deserve more attention.
Back to top Go down
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 7:29 am

My choices:

1: Papo, European Robin I love you

2: Papo, Canada Goose cheers

3: Papo, Grey Heron cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 10:17 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Could I introduce another model? I hope it's considered a woodland animal, I am not quite sure what this category includes. I love the Ikimon Japanese hare:

Another good example of how difficult is to determine these categories.
This set of minis is clearly woodland oriented, there's even a red fox and a wild boar on it. Though, as we can't determine an exact defintion, we are using North American and European fauna for this category. A Japanese hare is Wildlife it we take these definitions in consideration. But what about the red fox? Laughing If the hare is a species, the red fox is not even identified as a subspecies.
After this contest, I will try to remmeber opening a topic with the 2022 releases sorted by category to see if we get everything listed and discussed before next year's contest.

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !     The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !	 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2021 STS Woodland Figure of the Year. Make your choice !
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next