Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.

Go down 
+8
Bonnie
George
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Kikimalou
widukind
Joliezac
SUSANNE
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. Empty
PostSubject: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 6:12 pm

Hi, Christophe !!!
Only a week too late, - here is a small walkaround ofthe new Schleich tapir and calf ( Is it called a calf ? )  cheers

It is an ok model, and the baby is cute, - some people say that the offspring of tapirs are the cutest babies in the world, and that they look like a melon, when they sit down  Laughing

My main objection is that the bay looks very young, but compared to the mother it is quite large.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The tapir babies begin to loose their spots when thay are 3 months old, - perhaps this one is 3 months minus 2 days ??  Laughing

Some comparisobs, for some strange reaon I could not find my Papo tapir. I am sure he turns up, the minute I sent this topic  Razz

typing in the photo has the drawback that you can't correct the spelling  Embarassed  Embarassed

Isn't this a gorgeous pair ?  drunken
CollectA baby is younger than the Schleich one, so perhaps the size is ok for the new adult  scratch

Here the new ones again...

...and the baby with the old Schleich tapir.

Somehow I think they suit each other extremely well  Very Happy

flower Susanne

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 6:25 pm

Thank you for the wonderful walkaround! Wow I know some members said the adult was small, but I didn't realize HOW small until it was next to the other tapirs. Even the old Schleich towers over it! Perhaps this ''adult'' could be painted to be a juvenile as it starts to lose its spots so it could be in-between the baby and old Schleich/other branded tapirs. The baby is very cute but perhaps it could use a repaint as well Laughing

I'm getting this pair for myself and my cousin, perhaps she would be willing to repaint them Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 6:37 pm

I think it would be very cool to have it repainted to look like this younger tapir that isn't so little anymore I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 6:55 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Thank you for the wonderful walkaround! Wow I know some members said the adult was small, but I didn't realize HOW small until it was next to the other tapirs. Even the old Schleich towers over it! Perhaps this ''adult'' could be painted to be a juvenile as it starts to lose its spots so it could be in-between the baby and old Schleich/other branded tapirs. The baby is very cute but perhaps it could use a repaint as well Laughing

I'm getting this pair for myself and my cousin, perhaps she would be willing to repaint them Very Happy

What a brilliant idea Very Happy

Jolie, thankyou for the picture cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 6:58 pm

I am sure next time in my zoo too Wink

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 8:44 pm

Thank you Susanne for this nice walkaround cheers And don't worry about the delay, I'm an out of time man, some even say I'll be late to my own funeral Laughing

It is therefore not the calf that would be "too big" but the adult that would be "too small" Wink

It is a good news for me since I have a very official reason to add the adult, I have no Malayan tapir at that scale and I need to fix the problem Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 11:20 pm

It worth the wait because this is a very complete topic with lots of great pictures and comparisons.
Sure it is a calf and let's start with it. It was 3 months minus two days when Kiki asked you the walk around, now it is already more than 3 months because his legs are getting dark. Compare them with the CollectA model.
When we talk a lot about consistency among non scale figures from major brands, I have to agree with Christophe and really thtis is a small adult. Thus, the baby works much better with the previous model, not only because it is larger but also nicer in my opinion.
I really love tapirs, there's no bad tapirs for me, I have the old Schleich and the Safari and still the beautiful Lineol that probably is not much larger than the new Schleich, just much more delicate. At a certain point I wanted to recover the Papo model but since I ignored it when it was available, I think I won't make an effort. There's still the CollectA Baird's repainted as a Malayan that looks very beautiful... collecting is a drama. affraid
About this pair, the theory is simple, tapir calves are rare, they worth an effort and when we get the baby, we must find a mother for him.
by the way, it is quite strange Bullyland never released a tapir. scratch

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 11:59 pm

That tapir is so small! The sculpts are quite nice but the paintwork isnt my favorite. Thank you so much for the walkaround!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 12:55 am

SUSANNE wrote:
...and the baby with the old Schleich tapir.

Somehow I think they suit each other extremely well  Very Happy

This pair look a much better fit - almost as if the baby was sculpted to match the old adult, not the new one!

The CollectA tapirs are my favourite, though, there's something just so right about them.

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 11:59 am

Beautiful walkaround with perfect photos as always! cheers They are a lovely pair and it's interesting to see the comparisons! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 8:35 pm

Thank you for this great walkaround and comparison! cheers The adult tapir is quite small, I like the old version better. The tapir baby is cute, but the paintwork is not the best. The old adult version and this baby will be a nice couple in my showcase Very Happy

Logan'sArk

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyTue May 31, 2022 9:05 pm

Haven't seen this one in person yet, but I feel the adult model could potentially make a nice mountain tapir custom(?)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyTue May 31, 2022 9:31 pm

Logan'sArk wrote:
Haven't seen this one in person yet, but I feel the adult model could potentially make a nice mountain tapir custom(?)

I am sure you are right Very Happy

Will you show us if you custom this model ? bounce

Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 5:22 pm

Wonderful walkaround. My favourite Malayan Tapir is still the one from Safari Ltd.
Back to top Go down
biggest_dreamer

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 11:35 am

Very surprised by how small it is compared to the CollectA Baird's (and therefore the Mojo Brazilian as well, since I believe those are nearly the same size). I love tapirs, so I want to add as many species as I can to my currently small collection, but I'm at a bit of a crossroads for the Malayan tapir now that the only in-production options seem to be the small Schleich or the recolored CollectA. I would've thought that the Malayan tapir would be just popular and iconic enough that most companies kept it in their perennial lineup, but I guess not.

Guess I'll still make efforts to get the Baird's and Brazilian species in the near future while I figure out the Malayan.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 12:37 pm

biggest_dreamer wrote:
Very surprised by how small it is compared to the CollectA Baird's (and therefore the Mojo Brazilian as well, since I believe those are nearly the same size). I love tapirs, so I want to add as many species as I can to my currently small collection, but I'm at a bit of a crossroads for the Malayan tapir now that the only in-production options seem to be the small Schleich or the recolored CollectA. I would've thought that the Malayan tapir would be just popular and iconic enough that most companies kept it in their perennial lineup, but I guess not.

Guess I'll still make efforts to get the Baird's and Brazilian species in the near future while I figure out the Malayan.

I think the best option for a Malayan tapir is the retired Safari model. It is not easy to find but it worth a try. It is larger than this Schleich model and also larger than the previous Schleich tapir.
If you want, I can take a picture comparison of the Safari Malayan with the Mojö Brazilian and the CollectA Baird's.

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.   The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Schleich Malayan Tapir and her calf of 2022.
Page 1 of 1