Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where to find stands?

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
Gecko08
Leyster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Leyster

Country/State : Italy

Where to find stands? Empty
PostSubject: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 12:42 am

Many probably encountered the problem to display acquatic figures without having them resting on the shelf in an unnatural pose.
This image is taken from Darren Naish's twitter and uses the stand of the Invicta blue whale. Do anybody know where you can find something similar? The closest I tought of are the bases for aircraft models, but they tend to end in pins and not flat areas to place the figures.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 1:09 am

I think those stands came with Invicta models, but I may be wrong. Personally I use the clear stands that go with some of PNSO’s figures to photograph most aquatic animals in my collection, but they’re also useful for balancing a stubborn theropod. I don’t have enough of those stands to balance all my aquatic animals on my shelves, so I mainly just use them for photography.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 3:53 am

Yes, I know that challenge well drunken

You can get some small plastic pellets that turn soft´ish in boiling water and make some yourself, if you are more talented than I am Wink

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 2:01 pm

Maybe a good idea for someone who has access to a 3D printer to make. Sounds like you could sell them.
Back to top Go down
Leyster

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 12:26 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Yes, I know that challenge well drunken

You can get some small plastic pellets that turn soft´ish in boiling water and make some yourself, if you are more talented than I am Wink
This sounds like a good idea, I might consider it!

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 1:07 am

Do you remember what the pellets were called, Susanne? I've also been thinking about making or buying stands to display my sea life.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 5:15 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Do you remember what the pellets were called, Susanne? I've also been thinking about making or buying stands to display my sea life.

Yes, the ones I have are called Polymorph plastic beads, but now I see there are several brands on Amazon :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 6:03 am

Loon has wonderful display techniques for his aquatic animals.
He also has clear plastic stands that have clear arms that go around a figure to hold them as well.
Not sure if they are what you are looking for though.

I will try and search for the link I have to these stands (can't remember where I put it)
similar to these

and some ideas here that can maybe be adapted

and if you are open to homeware diy, then you could consider using shot glasses. if you don't turn them upside down, the whale may be able to rest on/into the rim of the glass ?

and here are some ideas that just need a bit of creativity/adjusting the size? to display your animals on -

perhaps use a bit of (tape/bluetac??)adhesive to place a family swimming together on top of each pole here

and here you could have 2 whales swimming side by side, with each whale resting on 2 arms ?

and this is another idea - for a small family pod ?

- and I just found these - shoe holders that could be adapted as well

that site seems to have many various options for displaying items that could easily be adapted to animal figures Very Happy
it is pretty expensive for it's postal costs, so it would be a good idea to look elsewhere for the same items :)
(I have a very  open minded imagination Very Happy Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 3:56 pm

Verty, very impressive, Sunny cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 4:02 pm

sunny wrote:
Loon has wonderful display techniques for his aquatic animals.
He also has clear plastic stands that have clear arms that go around a figure to hold them as well.
Not sure if they are what you are looking for though.

I will try and search for the link I have to these stands (can't remember where I put it)
similar to these

and some ideas here that can maybe be adapted

and if you are open to homeware diy, then you could consider using shot glasses. if you don't turn them upside down, the whale may be able to rest on/into the rim of the glass ?

and here are some ideas that just need a bit of creativity/adjusting the size? to display your animals on -

perhaps use a bit of (tape/bluetac??)adhesive to place a family swimming together on top of each pole here

and here you could have 2 whales swimming side by side, with each whale resting on 2 arms ?

and this is another idea - for a small family pod ?

- and I just found these - shoe holders that could be adapted as well

that site seems to have many various options for displaying items that could easily be adapted to animal figures Very Happy
it is pretty expensive for it's postal costs, so it would be a good idea to look elsewhere for the same items :)
(I have a very  open minded imagination Very Happy Very Happy )
These are all great ideas! I have had to be creative before also and use items (like spice racks or drawer organizers) for display. Thanks for the links to look into!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 1:34 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

These are all great ideas! I have had to be creative before also and use items (like spice racks or drawer organizers) for display. Thanks for the links to look into!

you are welcome Paige!
and thank you Susanne!
It was on here that I saw someone using an upturned glass to display a figure and I thought it was a brilliant idea.

I had another idea re the very first post - I was looking at acrylic display stands for model aircraft, and they all had a pointy top (no flat bed to place a whale on), so I thought that perhaps if you lie a used shampoo bottle on it's side and cut out a section of it, then perhaps that could somehow be glue or attached to the top of those type of stands ? (might be hard to do ?)
It would act as a sort of curved half sleeve that the whale's body could lie in.

Can you picture that ? or shall I draw a sketch ?

but if you google 'Star Trek display stand' you will see perspex type holders, could be of use ?
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 5:56 am

Thank you Susanne and Annette. I need to look into this, but I quite like Susanne's pellets, because it looks as if you could make very stable, strong stands and it gives me a lot of flexibility in size. Something like this may also work: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acrylic-Display-Risers-Showcase-Fixtures/dp/B07GRLQNGY/ref=sr_1_54?crid=32QTSUABHBQQ5&keywords=figure+display+stands&qid=1644958471&sprefix=figure+display+stands%2Caps%2C80&sr=8-54

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 4:22 pm

They look really great Roger !
Very neutral and different sizes Very Happy

What a shame that UK is no longer in EU, so I would get a large extra customs fee Crying or Very sad

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 2:29 am

SUSANNE wrote:
They look really great Roger !
Very neutral and different sizes Very Happy

What a shame that UK is no longer in EU, so I would get a large extra customs fee Crying or Very sad
I know, I am faced with this every time I get something from the EU Mad.

But doesn't Amazon Denmark have something similar?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 4:30 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
But doesn't Amazon Denmark have something similar?

Amazon Denmark is totally ridiculous Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to find stands?   Where to find stands? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to find stands?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: