Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz

Go down 
+3
Babdo
Taos
75senta75
7 posters
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  Empty
PostSubject: UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 4:40 pm

Yesterday I found these little lot  of animals of four elephants and their frient the camel on Ebay Kleinanzeigen Germany.

arrow Below you see the pictures from the seller on Ebay Kleinanzeigen.

I was mainly interested in the middle elephant No. 1 with the colourful luggage and the camel No. 5 on the first photo.
But who were the producers? The brands ? Unfortunately, the seller could not give any information.

So I could only guess. I was very sure about the manufacturers of the camel No. 5, the smallest elephant No.4 and the elephant with luggage No.1,
although I had some doubts for camel No. 5.

But who was the manufacturer of the other elephants No. 2 and No. 3 ?
The large wild elephant No. 3 is interesting! It´s unusually large figure with an interesting structure. It could be bigger as the elephant by Vanishing Wild ?
It is probably not a composition figure because of the size, perhaps a figure made of plastic ? Is there a manufacturer ?

What´s about No. 2 ? Plastic or composition or what else ?

In the meantime the mystery has been solved for me - the package arrived today already in my house today.  What would you say ?
Are they all plastic animals, are there mass animals ? Who could be the manufacturer ?

Well, a little quiz  Wink -  it´s your turn now,  arrow who are the manufacturers, if there are any ?  arrow Plastic or composition animal ?  

No. 1. Elephant with luggage in middle size
No. 2. Elephant in brown with trunk upwards
No. 3. Elephant, biggest one with kind of saddle
No. 4. Elephant small
No. 5. The only camel

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

arrow I only keep elephant No. 1 and the camel. The other ones are looking for a new home. alien sunny

Last edited by 75senta75 on Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 5:38 pm

Elephant No 3 I think possibly could be Chap Mei?

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 6:07 pm

Hallo Yvette,
herzlichen glückwunsch zu dem, was sie gefunden haben.
Ich frage google nach "Elefant with baggage"
und das ist es, was ich gefunden habe.
Elefant mit Gepäck sind Krippenfiguren oder Figuren für Feng Shui.
Nr. 1 scheint ein Elefant von MAROLIN zu sein.
Nr. 2 scheint ein Elefant im Sinne des Feng Shui zu sein.
Nr. 3 könnte Chap Mei sein.
Benno.

When I want to determine an animal figure I use google picture-search.
Therefore I need a picture of the site of the animal or a typical position of the animal.
Then I open google picture-search and upload the picture of the animal what I want to determine and google show me some pictures of nearly the same picture.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 6:43 pm

Yes, I would say that the one with the luggage could be Marolin , and the one to the right Chap Mei Very Happy

no2 looks like it is made from wood ?

no 4 must be plastic , could it be the Schleich one from 2012 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?

is the camel with fuzzy surface ? It looks wonderful I love you  - well, they all look wonderful cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 8:34 pm

It seems our friends guessed them all. Why I didn't think about Chap Mei if I was sure it was an action figure?
Apparently it takes batteries and makes some noises. However, there's always the Chap Mei and the Animal Planet versions and their features may not be the same.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 9:14 pm

Wonderful models, and lovely additions to your collection! Very Happy I wish I knew more, but I suspect if I tried to guess it would probably be wrong! study The elephant and camel are beautiful models! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 2:02 am

Five interesting animals. Congratulations.

sunny sunny sunny

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: UPDATED - The solution- Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ?    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 10:28 pm

flower Thank you very much for your advices dear friends.  flower

You are really good at identifying figures. king  queen
Above I showed the photos of the seller. Now I had time to take my own pictures and here is the solution of the quiz.  cheers

1. No. 1. Elephant with luggage in middle size. flower

Babdo wrote:
Nr. 1 scheint ein Elefant von MAROLIN zu sein.

Susanne wrote:
...the one with the luggage could be Marolin

Right, it´s a composition animal by Marolin.

No. 2. Elephant in brown with trunk upwards. sunny

Babdo wrote:
Nr. 2 scheint ein Elefant im Sinne des Feng Shui zu sein.
and  
Susanne wrote:
is made from wood

I could not guess this elephant from the seller's photos. It´s made of plastic, but in a "wood look" probably from the "Feng Shui corner" of a furniture store.  Wink

It has no brand.

No. 3. Elephant, biggest one with kind of saddle. flower

Taos wrote:
Elephant No 3 I think possibly could be Chap Mei?

Babdo wrote:
Nr. 3 könnte Chap Mei sein.

Susanne wrote:
...and the one to the right Chap Mei

Roger wrote:
.....Apparently it takes batteries and makes some noises.

That's right Roger, he trumpets !

You are right again. Elephant is Chap Mei.

It is the Action figure by Chap Mei from Jungle Adventure Treasure Hunt Playset.

No. 4. Elephant small sunny

Susanne wrote:
....could it be the Schleich one from 2012 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?

That´s right, Susanne! flower

No. 5. The only camel. sunny

It´s the old Elastolin camel around 1930.

Bonnie wrote:
...and camel are beautiful models!

Thanks, when I saw the Camel in the photos, I suspected it was the Elastolin Camel around 1930, but wasn't 100% sure. So now I am particularly happy.

landrover wrote:
Five interesting animals. Congratulations.

Thanks Fernando. They are all interesting figures.
But I only bought the lot because of the Marolin elephant and the Camel. The other elephants are now looking for a new home.  Very Happy

Babdo wrote:
When I want to determine an animal figure I use google picture-search.
Therefore I need a picture of the site of the animal or a typical position of the animal.
Then I open google picture-search and upload the picture of the animal what I want to determine and google show me some pictures of nearly the same picture.

That's basically how I do it, but I couldn´t find the  Chap Mei elephant. scratch  Wink

flower flower flower flower flower

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 11:25 pm

Oh, now I can see how beautiful is that Bactrian camel!!!
It is also impressive the elephants comparison, Schleich suddenly seems smaller than ever. Even Marolin is such a big boy to not talk about the giant chap. Laughing

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 12:13 am

Thank you, Roger. I like the camel also because of its beautiful fur texture.

Indeed, the Schleich elephant looks like a dwarf among all the larger ones.

The Marolin elephant seems a little bit big for a composition animal. But that's because of the luggage.  
This figure is often used for Christmas cribs and nativity scenes.

Here you see the Elastolin camel and Marolin elephant together with his friends by Pfeiffer/Elastolin.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 12:49 am

Splendid Photo with beautiful figures. Applause Applause

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 6:56 am

They are marvellous, Yvette !

And in so great shape, it is amazing Applause

Thankyou for the pictures, and for the quiz. It has been fun cheers

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 10:44 am

Wonderful to have solved the mystery! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz    UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz  Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATED - SOLUTION - Four elephants and one camel - What brands are they ? A little quiz
Page 1 of 1