Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp

Go down 
+3
sunny
Roger
junglejim
7 posters
AuthorMessage
junglejim

Country/State : USA/Illinois

Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp Empty
PostSubject: Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp   Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 8:40 pm

In 1968 a company called Childcraft issued 7 large hollow soft rubbery vinyl plastic wild animals. These included a Giraffe, Zebra, Asian Elephant, Lion, Polar Bear, Hippopotamus, and one of the best replicas I've ever seen of an African Black Rhinoceros. Oddly enough sometime around 1970s a company called Marvel Trading Corp. re-issued only 5 of these 7 figures in a hollow soft plastic. Both series are marked and the Childcraft editions tend to be slightly larger than those by Marvel Trading Corp. I was very fortunate to acquire the Childcraft hippo and rhino many years ago but have never seen either of them listed since by sellers and neither of these sets appear in the list of companies posted in Animal toy wiki. The individual photographs of the hippo and rhino are Childcraft and the group photograph are those made by Marvel Trading Corp and the same sculpting/pose as earlier Childcraft figures.Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp Img_4915
Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp Img_4914
Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp Marvel10
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp   Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 9:42 pm

These figures show a huge effort towards a realistic result. Rhino and hippo are very nice and I love the thin trunk of the Indian elephant.

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp   Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 3:55 am

oh my! the elephant is sooo beautiful, with the front right foot slightly raised - what a nice little detail that is!
and I like the details of the tail on the lion! how unique. The zebra is also very interesting, the tadpole type stripes and the short neck Very Happy
thank you for sharing!

what is the scale of these ones ?
are they 1/32nd ?
Back to top Go down
junglejim

Country/State : USA/Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp   Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 4:40 am

They are considerably larger than 1:32 scale. The giraffe is 14 1/2 inches (36.83cm) tall and the elephant 6 1/2 inches (16.51cm) tall.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp   Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 7:06 am

thank you, yes they are alot larger than 1/32nd :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp   Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 7:29 am

Very interesting and very nice models, and yours are in a great condition considering their age cheers

I never heard of them before and could not find anything on google.
But there are some for sale on ebay.com.
It is often irritating that I google only searches in and near Danmark Rolling Eyes

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp   Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 12:17 pm

Really wonderful. Cant await to see more odf your collection

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp   Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 9:26 pm

I had never heard of these before, they are beautiful! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp   Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 8:22 pm

Lovely models!

PostSubject: Re: Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp   Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp Empty

Back to top Go down

Childcraft & Marvel Trading Corp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Vintage Companies :: Vintage plastic-
Jump to: