Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Holiday Collection Themed Trees

Go down 
+5
pipsxlch
Roger
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Holiday Collection Themed Trees Empty
PostSubject: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 3:37 am

I will update this topic (wasn't sure if this is the right spot to put this...) for each holiday that I do this with.

Just a fun thing I started to do a few years ago. I have bought a few small "Christmas" trees and painted them various colors. I put them up with a few animal models that represent the holiday. Its a fun way to celebrate holidays and incorporate my collection. Family and friends enjoy it too so I thought I would share them here. Hope you enjoy! 

First up is my Valentine's tree (not a holiday I really endorse but its fun nonetheless).
Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220223-193913

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220223-193920

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220223-193929

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220223-193943

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220223-193955

I chose some "red" animals; pair of scarlet macaws, pair of red pandas, pair of pink freshwater dolphins; and a pair of white lions and my old Safari ltd. Dilophosaurus with hearts on it. Very Happy

I will post my St. Patrick's day tree soon (first time I have done this one) and I am excited about it!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 8:19 am

Amazing !!! Shocked cheers

I am truely impressed how you can put so many things together and make it look nice, tidy, and beautyful I love you

No wonder your visitors enjoy it !
I can't wait to see Sct. Patrick´s tree . alien Crocodile  tongue  alien   Wink

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 11:23 am

This is such a wonderful idea and the result is so beautiful! cheers cheers sunny sunny Definitely one of the best ways I have seen to display animal models, it must have taken so long as there are so many little details on the tree! Applause I can't wait to see more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 11:10 pm

This is quite inventive and a nice way to have fun the entire year. Surely you have a special talent to do these thematic trees. I am curious to see the fourth of July tree. Laughing

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 2:52 am

Now that is a fun idea! cheers enjoying looking at/for all the little details and Easter Eggs, as they call them at Disney.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 4:33 am

Thank you everyone! It is a fun way to incorporate my hobby with holidays and celebrate year round.

This is my first Saint Patrick's day tree so it is still a work in progress. A little bare but its a start... and a HUGE thank you to Taos for his help in selecting some Irish themed animals!
Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220226-202658

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220226-202703

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220226-202713

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220226-202718

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220226-202722

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220226-202731

Gypsy Vanner, a stand in Kerry Cow, an "Irish" donkey, Irish wolfhound and setter, Irish mountain hare stand in, and natterjack toad.:)

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 1:46 pm

Beautiful tree once again and a delight to see an Irish wolfhound and setter on there! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 1:17 am

So nice with Irish animals.
June 10th is Portugal's day. Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 8:16 am

Hey ! I thought O wrote here yesterday, - but obviously I didn't Shocked
Better late than never Embarassed

This tree makes me smile because it is so charming !
Sprinkeled with the gold of the Leprechaun, and placed on a cloth with four-leaf clover, and with that somehow happy looking, big hat as a star Laughing

The animals are great choices too.
And you even have an Irish wolf hound pup !
I often wonder why there are no models of this magnificent breed among our models, but now I know the is at leat one .

Again I am so impressed how you can arrange all this to look so nice . There is not too little on it, Imho Wink

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 2:10 am

I love this idea! I love a Christmas tree, and this is a great excuse to have one out all year. Wink Love the animal choices you've made so far and can't wait to see what the other holidays bring. What a creative way to experience your own collection in a new way.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:29 am

Thank you again (belatedly as always these days).

This is one of my favorite holidays and the last one I celebrate until July. So fun to decorate! Poorly lit photos as it is late here but I couldn't wait to share.
Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220320-194255

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220320-194259

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220320-194303

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220320-194315

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220320-194323

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220320-194332

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 11:42 am

Lambs and bunnies and eggs and cute little chickens cheers

Charming and beautyful ! I love this tree Applause Applause Applause

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 12:13 pm

Easter! cheers cheers
So beautiful, I love your attention to detail and nothing could be more wonderful than a tree of baby animals! Very Happy I love the chicks! I love you
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:19 pm

Thank you both! Its one of my favorite holidays to decorate for.

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 12:45 am

The baskets are so cute, what a good idea for holding figures on the tree. This theme does seem to match really well with the farm aesthetic that shows up in your collection and memories and customs. I see your adorable little custom chicks in there! I really like the black and white rabbit and the black faced lamb, and all the pastels.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 12:51 am

Nice decoration, Applause Applause beautiful tree .

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 5:16 am

I have been waiting forever for this one. cheers Very "American", I am sure... but its an excuse to show off my eagles! I added the bison, our national mammal, this year.
Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220627-211141

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220627-211148

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20220627-211156

Sorry the pics are kinda dark... but I work a lot this week so for now they will have to do.

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 11:32 am

Such a wonderful tree! cheers I'm sure you would be very good at designing shop window displays! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 7:36 pm

Thank you Bonnie. :) I found a few more ornaments for it so I will replace the above when I get around to decorating with them.

sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 5:32 am

that's wonderful Paige!
I really like the past photo with the top eagle 'glaring' at the camera Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 8:27 pm

I missed this addition! So many eagles! Cool to see them altogether. Very Happy I hope you get to still continue this tradition eventually, when your figures are unpacked again someday.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 5:24 am

My favorite holiday to decorate for has come! Halloween is always so fun. In my new place it is still crowded as I situate my life and my collection is still in storage so I don't have my favorite spooky figures to use. Alas...

Here are my few shots from last year that have survived my phone purge...
Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20211008-193306

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20211006-220252

And what I could scrape together from my new additions here with me.
Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20221002-191557

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20221002-191604

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20221002-191608

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20221002-191612

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20221002-191623

Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20221002-191632

My spooky star is my favorite. 
Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20221002-191626

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 4:59 pm

Superb collection of wonderfully themed trees!!!

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 9:31 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

My spooky star is my favorite. 
Holiday Collection Themed Trees 20221002-191626

how wonderful Paige, that tree topper is THE best ever! could it get any cuter Very Happy ?

the wolves look perfect under the tree among the wonderful pumpkin patch too - and the frog:)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 12:11 am

Thank you Taylor and Annette!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Collection Themed Trees   Holiday Collection Themed Trees Empty

Back to top Go down

Holiday Collection Themed Trees
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next