Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb 22)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb  22) Empty
PostSubject: CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb 22)   CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb  22) EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 8:12 pm

In 2010 CollectA launched two appaloosa horse. The same mould, but two variations , black and chestnut.

First : What does the name Appaloosa mean?
It originates from the phrase "a Palouse horse", referring to the Palouse River near which they were first encountered by non-Native Americans.
So appaloosas are an American breed and not a colour!
But we tend to use it to describe a colour, the exception being the Danish Knabstruppers, of course Wink
Otherwise we must just call them "spotted, like this much loved, old CollectA charmer from 2007,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
which is a Dun, Spotted Mustang, and not a Dun, Appaloosa Mustang, as it says in the catalogue  Laughing  study

And now the the models of this topic :

Last year, in 2021, Colelcta re-used the 2010 mould to make this magnificent REAL dun appaloosa  cheers

Admireing this lovely model, I realized that I really, really needed the two old variations too  bounce
Unfortunately I had been rather late to get the dun appy, and as the two old ones are being retired this year I could not find them  Shocked

But , hurraay for Ebay, - here, mid February '22, I had these two in my mailbox Wink

Now I had a nice, little heard of three Wink

But...but...theolder ones do not look like the pictures in the catalogue scratch

So, hurraaay for TAW, here the "real" one was, I hope it is ok, I borrow your picture, Martin H. ?

....and one between, - I hope it is ok that I also borrow your picture, George ?

At last, a picture of my new model, - and now I understood why I never bought it before  Laughing

What have they done to the face ? Tried to make the famous "motteled " skin ?

The chestnut one fortunately only have mottled-like skin round the eyes  Laughing

Now something rang a bell in my old brain, and I got hold of the box with "passive" CollectA horses
and found that in my panic, I had forgotten that I HAD a chestnutone already  geek

How very fortunate because there is quite a difference between the two :

Look at the blanket :

the tails

the manes   Very Happy

My flock already contains FOUR  cheers

Now I just hope that CollectA /Breyer does not make a Safari, and slows down too much, because the two new ones look absolutely gorgeous, don't they ?  bounce

Should anybody need a new home for one of the first black appies, I am ready for him Wink

Thanks for watching, friends.

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb 22)   CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb  22) EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 9:00 pm

Wow, there really is a remarkable difference between them! Both colours are strikingly different in their newest incarnations.

The two older black appaloosas are fairly similar, apart from the handling of the paint round the blanket pattern, my one's more like brushstrokes and Martin H's more like spots. But the new one's paint is much thicker and whiter through the stencilling, and the spots look like brush-painted marks rather than airbrushed ones.

Your older chestnut has a much better designed paintjob, the mottling on the face is nicely done compared to the new one's artistic eye-makeup, and the way the blanket is speckled in round the edges is lovely. He also has really, really great feet!

I think the 2022 is the most realistic yet, though we haven't seen any of the models arrive in-hand yet, so there's still chance they'll not quite match the promo pic.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb 22)   CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb  22) EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 9:14 pm

Laughing Artistic eye-makeup Laughing That is what it is Applause

You are right ! How could I forget to mention the hooves, which should be clearly striped.
They vary a lot in that respect also .

George, I am happy you find this interesting too . I am not sure there are many who  - like me - jump round on the floor if they discover a variation where none was inteded Embarassed Wink

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb 22)   CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb  22) EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 9:30 pm

I have multiple pairs of matching models on my shelves cos I bought a duplicate to repaint then found it was ever so slightly different paint design/application and had to be kept Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb 22)   CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb  22) EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 9:38 pm

George wrote:
I have multiple pairs of matching models on my shelves cos I bought a duplicate to repaint then found it was ever so slightly different paint design/application and had to be kept Laughing

cheers bounce cheers WONDERful cheers

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb 22)   CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb  22) EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 11:53 pm

A wonderful topic dedicated to celebrating beautiful appys! cheers cheers I love every single model, they're all lovely in their own way! And it was interesting to read about the origin of the name too! study
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb 22)   CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb  22) Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Appaloosa models from 2010 and to date (Feb 22)
Page 1 of 1