Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wend-Al 1952 Price List (Aluminium)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

Wend-Al 1952 Price List (Aluminium) Empty
PostSubject: Wend-Al 1952 Price List (Aluminium)   Wend-Al 1952 Price List (Aluminium) EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 6:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Wend-Al 1952 Price List (Aluminium)   Wend-Al 1952 Price List (Aluminium) EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 8:18 am

Thankyou for sharing Very Happy
Old price lists are very interesting, but I am not sure what currency. You had franks and centimes at that time, but what does "s. d." stand for ?

I had to look up Wend-Al on TAW and can see they were quite in the high end of quality . They are very, very charming drunken

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Wend-Al 1952 Price List (Aluminium)   Wend-Al 1952 Price List (Aluminium) EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 9:24 am

S d stands for shillings and pence, which was the UK currency before we went decimal in the 1970s. I don't know why they used a d not a p Laughing

Interesting to see the inclusion of landgirls in so many of the farm sets, that's really telling of the era they were released, and still there into the early 50s pricelists. I wonder how long it took for toys to go back to all the farm workers being men?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wend-Al 1952 Price List (Aluminium)   Wend-Al 1952 Price List (Aluminium) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wend-Al 1952 Price List (Aluminium)
Page 1 of 1