Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D

Go down 
+14
LukaLeon085
Tupolew Tu-154
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Ana
George
bmathison1972
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Roger
landrover
Kikimalou
Joliezac
SUSANNE
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D Empty
PostSubject: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 9:44 pm

Look, Look !!!  bounce  bounce

I have been almost unable to wait for Papo to send the new birds on the market,
and that way it can be very easy to be disappointed.
But I am THRILLED  cheers

They are magnificent, I am delighted and now I almost can't wait to show you a couple of pictures.
Not walkarounds, it takes too much time  Laughing
So should anybody else want to make real walkarounds, that is most wellcome  Very Happy

Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D P3160010

A gorgeous Eurasian spoonbill   cheers
Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D P3160011

Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D P3160012

Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D P3160013

Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D P3160014

Vibrant blue hummingbird  I love you
I wonder what species it is  ?
Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D P3160015

Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D P3160016

Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D P3160017

But most of all !
A gorgeous, beautyful magpie  cheers
Almost as beautyful as the ones that now and then raise their offspring in fantastic nests in my large beech tree  drunken
This model simply took my breath away !!!
Last year's robin was beautyful, but in my opinion this one is even a tad better
Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D P3160018

Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D P3160019

Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D P3160020

Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D P3160021

My photos don't do justice .
Perhaps this one taken outdoors is better ?
I tried to make one outdoors in the sun sunny
Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D P3160021-Out

THANKYOU PAPO, for doing it again Applause Applause

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 10:24 pm

WOW!!! These look AMAZING! I'm waiting for a seller on eBay to get them in stock I've been itching to grab these! I didn't think anything could top the little robin but these are gorgeous!

The spoonbill looks very elegant and is so well done!

The hummingbird looks better than the stock images and is hopefully as small as it looks.

I agree the magpie is by far the best one though its absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Even better than the robin I love you

I can't wait to get these and take some outdoor photos with them!! congrats!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 10:31 pm

Great cheers thank you Susanne for showing those beautiful birds.

I must say I'm not a fan of Papo too strong legs on Spoonbill but the model is beautiful enough, the hummingbird is absolutely delicious and the magpie is prodigious, I was waiting for a company to finally produce one and Papo shattered my hopes, this magpie is a monument!

I can't wait to add mine sunny
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 10:37 pm

Wow Susanne, Three marvellous birds. I want those.

cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 11:03 pm

We were all waiting for it! Very Happy After the decade of the CollectA antelopes we're having a decade of Papo birds, let's see how long it takes.
I confess I am also positively impressed with the magpie and I agree it is slightly more realistic than the robin but probably not as attractive as a species. I absolutely want it.
My most wanted, is however the spoonbill, the design is somewhat reminescent of Papo flamingo with its strong legs but I think it is an unmissable figure. There's still the African fish eagle to come...
About the hummingbird species, I suggested Blue-chinned sapphire but other members have different opinions. I will try to take a 2nd look once now we can se it from different angles.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 7:58 am

Thankyou, friends, I am happy you love them too cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 11:51 am

Congratulations. These are 3 of 4 birds that i also will add in my zoo

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 3:39 pm

Oh Susanne, congratulations! These are all so stunning. I love that they were able to imitate the irridescent quality of the feathers for the hummingbird and magpie.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 3:56 pm

The eBay dealer I use has these, but is on vacation until March 25th, so I'll order mine then!

For the hummer, I will call me the blue-headed hummingbird, Riccordia bicolor since it has a black bill (the blue-chinned has a red bill)

EDIT: I did some more snooping and the blue-chinned sapphire looks like a better fit (looks like the beak can be darker, possibly in younger birds), but the body color is much better for the sapphire!
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 4:28 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
The eBay dealer I use has these, but is on vacation until March 25th, so I'll order mine then!

For the hummer, I will call me the blue-headed hummingbird, Riccordia bicolor since it has a black bill (the blue-chinned has a red bill)

EDIT: I did some more snooping and the blue-chinned sapphire looks like a better fit (looks like the beak can be darker, possibly in younger birds), but the body color is much better for the sapphire!

Same here! I saw them go up a week ago but then saw the seller was away when I tried to checkout, bounce bounce

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 4:52 pm

I'm hanging on til the Great Tit is in stock too, do Papo usually hold back some releases til later in the year?

All three of these are great little figures, but the Magpie is the only one onto my wishlist cos they're a species I really enjoy seeing, and I'm going to stick to only buying birds I know locally.

The way they've done the iridescence on the tail and wings is very impressive, easily nice enough that I don't itch to replace it with my own interpretation of that rainbow sheen, but the wing white patch isn't placed on quite the right feathers (compare to a real one), so I think when I do order mine it will be getting tweaked a bit for accuracy, and I can add the little visible line of white down each primary feather too.

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 5:00 pm

All three are pretty amazing! Thank you for sharing the pictures, Susanne! Very Happy
And congratulations, how lovely newcomers! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 5:29 pm

[quote="George"]I'm hanging on til the Great Tit is in stock too, do Papo usually hold back some releases til later in the year?

I feel like their 2022 line has been released much quicker this year. The dolphin, wolf pup, shrimp, hermit crab, and a few insects were released in February, then it looks like the piglet was released and now these 3 birds. I know the dinosaurs almost always come out in the fall/winter or sometimes even the following year but wildlife typically comes out sooner. I would imagine that we will get the rest of the birds and possibly the wolf in the late spring or maybe summer, but I'm not totally sure.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 5:57 pm

Joliezac wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Same here! I saw them go up a week ago but then saw the seller was away when I tried to checkout, bounce bounce

I messaged them and they said they'd be back on March 25 :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 6:02 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:

I messaged them and they said they'd be back on March 25 :)

cheers

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 6:55 pm

Joliezac wrote:
George wrote:
I'm hanging on til the Great Tit is in stock too, do Papo usually hold back some releases til later in the year?

I feel like their 2022 line has been released much quicker this year. The dolphin, wolf pup, shrimp, hermit crab, and a few insects were released in February, then it looks like the piglet was released and now these 3 birds. I know the dinosaurs almost always come out in the fall/winter or sometimes even the following year but wildlife typically comes out sooner. I would imagine that we will get the rest of the birds and possibly the wolf in the late spring or maybe summer, but I'm not totally sure.

I just meant is it usually in split batches, or all at once, cos I haven't collected Papo before, and you answered that question very nicely - but remember I'm in the UK, where everything is on a time delay Laughing I know we get sent Breyer stuff anywhere between three and and six months behind the US stockists, and our CollectA releases usually arrive about three months behind mainland Europe's, so any specific schedule of release months is unlikely to match up with when British shoppers get our chance Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 11:20 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:

My problem with my identification for blue-chinned sapphire is not the beak, bird's beak has a black upper mandible and reddish lower mandible so this option for a black beak on that figure is not a surprise.
My problem is the tail. This figure doesn't have a forked tail and I don't believe it is a safe way to sculpt it. It is a fan-shaped tail what is not good to this particular group of species. Let's hope someone can get closer.

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 8:45 am

Bravo, thank you Susanne for showing these beautiful birds. I love you
Mine are probably already on their way to my aviary bounce bounce bounce
I am also impressed by the magpie, the catalog image had already made me salivate, but the result is fantastic! Applause
Now I just have to have them in hand to plainly savor this moment.flower
I am still eagerly awaiting the release of the great tit and the African fish eagle to complete my collection farao

Thank you Papo, for this immense joy that gives me and your birds and long live 2023 Wink
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 10:23 pm

Prrrretty! All of them! I love the iridescent colours Papo used on the magpie and humming bird. Applause
Wonderful. I'm still on the fence about buying the spoonbill, because I already have a CollectA one I really like, but this one is great too.

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 11:54 pm

Their birds, even the small ones, are very great. They should make more of them (like my wishlist tongue ).

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 2:05 am

Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

My problem with my identification for blue-chinned sapphire is not the beak, bird's beak has a black upper mandible and reddish lower mandible so this option for a black beak on that figure is not a surprise.
My problem is the tail. This figure doesn't have a forked tail and I don't believe it is a safe way to sculpt it. It is a fan-shaped tail what is not good to this particular group of species. Let's hope someone can get closer.

The tail of the blue-chinned sapphire fans out when flying or taking off or landing, so I think that's OK here since that's what the figure appears to be doing Wink
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 8:55 am

cyclops Congratulations Susanna! three small masterpieces that are colored with fantastic metallic reflections drunken cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 1:31 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

The tail of the blue-chinned sapphire fans out when flying or taking off or landing, so I think that's OK here since that's what the figure appears to be doing Wink

Oh, sure, he is probably not kissing flowers. Laughing That's great actually that the tail is not wrong as I thought.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 5:53 am

They are all wonderful !
And especially the magpie is so beautiful !
I really enjoyed watching them on your wonderful photos Susanne and
I can`t wait to see them on real bounce

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 4:46 am

Just ordered these 3!! Cannot wait to get them bounce Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D   Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

Three new birds from papo 2022 :-D
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next