Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Domestic Cat

Go down 
+6
Taos
widukind
George
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
Jill
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 2:52 pm

Received this cat as an "extra" in a lot, but turned out to be one of my favorite parts! She's not on TAW, but it sounds like from previous conversations AAA is not as thoroughly documented as other brands. Would love to know more if there is more to know! She reminds me of the cats from this catalogue page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] shared, but she's not pictured there. The walking gray tabby in particular is the same color and looks like a very similar style:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just "CAT" on the bottom:

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 5:41 pm

She is lovely... congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 8:20 pm

What a fantastic cat(ch) cheers

George

George

Country/State : England

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 9:24 pm

She's really nice, I can see why you were so taken with her. Not another series to collect! Laughing

And yes, she definitely looks the exact same style as the catalogue picture, even the way the stripes merge on the back - perhaps a release from a different year but to match the same set?

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 12:13 am

SUSANNE wrote:
What a fantastic cat(ch) cheers

Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 2:52 am

Great catch!!!

Jill

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 4:54 am

Thanks all!

George wrote:
Not another series to collect! Laughing
It's perhaps a blessing I don't know more about it and if there's a set. Razz
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 11:57 am

Those cats are very illusive even if I am convinced they exist in several colors. Though, how can we get more variations than figures? Do you think the other two AAA Cats already entered on TAW are from the same series? If so, which of the list is yours? Laughing

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 4:40 pm

Beautiful cats. ^^

Jill

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 6:22 am

Roger wrote:
Those cats are very illusive even if I am convinced they exist in several colors. Though, how can we get more variations than figures? Do you think the other two AAA Cats already entered on TAW are from the same series? If so, which of the list is yours? Laughing
I don’t think those two match mine, they are less realistic and a little less refined. Is it possible they simply did not photograph every available mold? Because it’s uncanny how similar mine is to those in the catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 9:52 am

Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:
I don’t think those two match mine, they are less realistic and a little less refined. Is it possible they simply did not photograph every available mold? Because it’s uncanny how similar mine is to those in the catalogue.

I have no idea. Sad The other cats are probably from farm sets or different series then.
The catalogue picture seems to present a complete series but we can't be sure. Let's keep the topic and when more information is available, maybe we can list it better on TAW.

Jill

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 11:00 am

Works for me study
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 4:14 am

Just want to bring attention to this page of the catalogue that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was able to find. It seems these cats are in sets after all!

Also here is a marginally better quality photo (I seriously need to find better lighting for photos).

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 5:32 am

With each cat having a different item number they'd have been ordered, stocked, and sold individually, even though they're photographed like sets. I'd guess there was no multipack/gift-set style boxed set with one of each pose in, or that would have an item number too - even if there was no photo the retailers would need the code to order it by, and you'd expect to find that in the picture caption.

Jill

Jill

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 5:59 am

That makes sense, since it would be a little weird to buy a gift set of four cats all the same color! This will not stop my brain from demanding they be a complete set. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 12:50 pm

Hi, I hope it's okay to add to this thread and show my fleamarket find. I don't have lego bricks any more but the Schleich cat shows how big the grey one is Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 1:23 pm

I love it! Thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 2:59 pm

Great figure! I have 2- scratching and lying down playing- that like Jill I got as unintentional bycatch in a lot. For all that I don't collect cats, they are teo of my favorite figures. The sculptor clearly knew their subject.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 4:28 am

I'm not sure I'm seeing it well. Shocked Is it so huge? affraid Small head, long legs, interesting sculpt.

Taos

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 9:36 am

Wonderful addition!!!I have this model in black and ginger/white and have always thought the sculpt was very good.

Jill

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 1:09 pm

Taos wrote:
Wonderful addition!!!I have this model in black and ginger/white and have always thought the sculpt was very good.
Could you share a picture of the black one? I have only seen the ones in the ad above.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyMon Jan 30, 2023 1:32 pm

I decided I needed to snag these back from my mom's when I was there today, to keep them safe from a certain redhead...
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 10:40 am

Here is a picture of the AAA black cat.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Roger

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 7:21 am

I listed all these cats in the page linked below but I am sure I got the colors wrong. I'm quite color blind so if someone can check it I'd appreciate.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jill

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 9:40 am

Nice, thank you! cheers

As for pictures matching colors:

- The one under "brown cat scratching" should be "gray cat scratching"
- "Orange cat playing" should be "gray cat playing"
- The black cat standing Jumbo is actually the same size as all these other lying, playing, standing cats

Hopefully that is helpful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AAA Domestic Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Domestic Cat   AAA Domestic Cat Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Domestic Cat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next