Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)

Go down 
+9
Jill
widukind
Bonnie
George
lucky luke
Roger
sunny
Joliezac
SUSANNE
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Empty
PostSubject: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 9:25 pm

In 2021 Bullyland launched 3 new , beautyful little poison dart frogs , and at long last I am now the happy owner of all three tongue cheers

They have a special charm, and when I look at them, I get the feeling of little frog-fingers inside my hand  Shocked
It must be the memory from my childhood, where I sometimes held a small frog, and it kicked and wriggeled with surprising strength untill I let it free again.
So these models must have something so naturalistic that it raises childhood memories to a degree that I can feel them  Laughing

Here are some pictures :

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully6852etc

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully6852etc-Backs

Item no 68521 is an icredibly beautyful Ranitomeya amazonica .
The species is widely distributed, and the colours/pattern can vary, but this one is certainly stunning Very Happy

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully68521

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully68521-Back

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully68521-Right

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully68521-Underside

Item no 68522  is a "Peacock" dart frog dendrobates tinctorius tumucumaque, which is a species which was only discovered in 2006 !!!
It is gorgeous, and I think that should I choose only one, it would be this little feller  drunken
Just look at those tiny turquoise fingertips !!!  I love you
Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully68522

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully68522-Left

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully68522-Right

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully68522-Underside

Better know is this blue Poison dart frog, which I have seen in zoos and aquariums.
Even if it is more well known that the "Peacock", it is an absoluetly lovely model of an absolutely lovely looking creture Very Happy
Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully68523

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully68523-Back

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully68523-Face

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully68523-Right

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Bully68523-Underside

Searching for data about my new frogs, I was very surprised to see that they are kept as pets, and that there was many pictures where people hold
them in their hand  affraid

Wikipedia told me why that is so : "  In captivity, the frogs lose toxicity as a result of altered diets. "  Laughing  Laughing

I am sure some of you can add information and comments to my new little darling Wink

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 9:37 pm

These frogs are beautiful Susanne! I think the first one may be my favorite, although I really love the peacock one too! I don't have any frogs like these and I've been wanting to get them from Bullyland but I can't seem to find anyone who ships them to the U.S scratch

Congrats!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 10:00 pm

Congratulations! these are all Very beautiful figures! and it is wonderful how strongly they evoke childhood feelings from you :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 11:42 pm

Not long ago, Bullyland released a few unusual spiders and more recently these frogs. It is somewhat unexpected for a brand that is reducing drastically the number of new releases.
My frog adventures are also among my nicest childhood memories.Now I can see they are really beautiful, especially the first model that has an amazing pattern. The darker legs in that blue frog are also a nice touch.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 8:10 am

Thankyou, friends ! cheers

Yes, it is amazing that Bullyland makes such perfect models of spiders and frogs.
It is a shame their models can be so hard to get hold of, especially outside Germany Shocked

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 9:04 am

Beautiful Susanne frogs! Very Happy cheers
Bullyland shows us a wonderful painting on these new models Applause Applause Applause tongue bounce
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 10:09 am

They're really beautiful, the colours are so nicely done and the slight glossiness of the paint captures that shine on frog skin - they suit being rendered in plastic much better than furry creatures!

I'm the frog remover at work - any time anyone accidentally uncovers a frog or toad and it's not safe to leave it or nudge it just a short hop or two out of the way (we're gardeners, they'd get trodden on by big boots if we left one where we're working) I get called to come and catch it and take it for a walk, so I still get to experience that childhood feeling of strong frog fingers in my hands!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 10:57 am

George wrote:

I'm the frog remover at work - any time anyone accidentally uncovers a frog or toad and it's not safe to leave it or nudge it just a short hop or two out of the way (we're gardeners, they'd get trodden on by big boots if we left one where we're working) I get called to come and catch it and take it for a walk, so I still get to experience that childhood feeling of strong frog fingers in my hands!

This is WONDERFUL cheers
George, I like you a lot Applause Applause

Last edited by SUSANNE on Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 11:37 am

Beautiful frogs! cheers I too love the colours and the glossy touch, and find it really interesting that Bullyland chose to release these! Very Happy So interesting as well that the Peacock dart frog wasn't discovered until 2006, I think this one also has to be my favourite of the three! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 12:07 pm

Very colorful frogs. Beautieful additions Susanne :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 6:02 pm

These are beautiful models, really very alive. Congrats on them! I don’t think I could pick a favorite. Poison frogs are one of my favorite things to see in zoos and I always wish I could work with them, but at my zoo we only have US native animals. At the Nashville, TN zoo, they had poison dart froglets, and they were so small and perfect they looked like tiny gems or pieces of jewelry. It’s true that when fed a diet of non-toxic invertebrates, the frogs themselves are no longer toxic as they do not produce the poisons themselves and only assimilate them from the things they eat. :) I know precisely the feeling you’re talking about of frog toes on your hand as they try to squirm free, hahaha. They are indeed surprisingly strong!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 10:30 pm

Congratulations Susanne, these coloured frogs are wonderful. Applause Applause

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 5:46 am

Oh, I really like these 3 colourful fellows cheers
And I would love to have at least one of them or why not all 3 of them.
Thank you for the great presentation of them Susanne Applause

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 8:17 am

Thankyou for nice comments !

It is fun to read how others know the feeling of holding a strong, little frog with strong, little fingers Laughing

Kosta, great to see you here cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 8:12 pm

Very charming trio Susanne, thank you for showing Very Happy

I'm not a big fan of reused molds with diferrent paintings but I will go for the Ranitoùaya and the Peacock frogs, they are missing on my poor shelves... poor Kiki Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 9:12 pm

lol! Yes, poor Kiki drunken

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2022 7:03 pm

Wonderful species and pictures! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)   Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Three new beautyful poison dart frogs from Bullyland :-)
Page 1 of 1