Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Photos of Toy Major horses

Go down 
+6
Bowhead Whale
Jill
widukind
Bonnie
Roger
Birdsage
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

horses - Photos of Toy Major horses Empty
PostSubject: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 9:05 pm

While I have zero interest in collecting horses (or indeed any domestic animals), I would like to contribute photos of some Toy Major horses I received in a lot before I list them. There are currently no photos of these horses on TAI, so I posted some here if anyone is interested. They are going up for sale, and you may PM me with an offer for any of these horses

1998 Clydesdale
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2006 Unspecified foal

2007 Arabian

2007 Clydesdale

2007 Danish Warmblood

2007 Karabair

2007 Pinto
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 10:32 pm

That's very kind from you remembering to share pictures and information about these horses, especially when this kind of models is not in your collecting horizons.
Since you're from USA, it won't be hard to guess who will be interested in them.
I just need one more thing to start listing them on TAW. Could you check which letter each model has marked? It is important to understand the series where they belong and to build a coerent structure on TAW.
I suspect your first Clydesdale is marked 1988 instead of 1998 and it is marked with letter J like this one.

That series from 2007 is equally very interesting once it features breeds similar to those from the Funrise sets and probably it was originally designed to a specific company that we will have to find out. Very interesting and also very good looking horses.

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptySun May 01, 2022 1:08 am

Here are the markings on the figures, in the order of the photos above:

CLYDESDALE
(C) 1988 (TM)
MADE IN CHINA
J

(C) 2006 (TM)
China
C2

ARABIAN
(C)2007 (TM)
MADE IN CHINA
1855-P3 C

CLYDESDALE  
(C)2007 (TM)
MADE IN CHINA
1855-P4 G

DANISH WARM BLOOD
(C)2007 (TM)
MADE IN CHINA
1855-P2 B

KARABAIR
(C)2007 (TM)
MADE IN CHINA
1855-P6 L

PINTO
(C)2007 (TM)
MADE IN CHINA
1855-P6 J
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptySun May 01, 2022 1:22 am

Many thanks, I suspect this information is gold for my understanding of Toy Major. I'm a little sleepy now but I believe tomorrow I will get all the science behind it. Laughing
2007 horses belong to a series of 12 and now we know the product number of the set. The mistery is around the P2, P3, P4, P6...
2006 foal marked C2 is likely the foal of a horse marked C1 and as I suspected, the first Clydesdale is a old friend.
Really cool, I know Susanne owns two Toy Major 2007 horses not listed here, maybe they are from the same series. scratch

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptySun May 01, 2022 10:39 am

These horses look lovely! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptySun May 01, 2022 12:45 pm

Now they are on TAW, here is the page for 2007 Toy Major horses.
Let's see if our community can find the remaining ones. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptySun May 01, 2022 7:34 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptyTue May 03, 2022 1:43 am

Birdsage wrote:
2006 Unspecified foal

Apparently this foal is an Arabian foal and its adult is this Toy Major Arabian from 2008.
this horse is marked with the letter C while the foal is marked C2 and probably the foal is marked 2008 instead of 2006. 6 and 8 are always ahrd to distinguish.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptyThu May 05, 2022 1:26 am

The 2007 horses are really interesting, as a recreation of the Funrise release. They are quite similar visually, especially the warmblood and the clydesdale, but the others are also the same colors if not the same pattern. I wonder if the rest match the 1988 series as well. They seem to be mimics of the series one set, so I assume the rest of the set are probably the breeds in that series. Thanks for sharing these!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptyThu May 05, 2022 1:37 am

I think they look like the Toysmith Wild West Horse set.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptyThu May 05, 2022 1:44 am

They sure do, and those match the Funrise colorations for Arabian, Palomino, Mustang EDIT: on second thought, Lipizzaner, despite having orange hair, Thoroughbred or Morgan, Tennessee Walker, Warmblood, and Appaloosa - all from the same series one, so it looks like they are just using that same series many times.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptyFri May 20, 2022 9:53 pm

And on TAW, we have very precise clues of which horses are missing: Horse, Horse, Horse and Horse. lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptyFri May 20, 2022 10:01 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
And on TAW, we have very precise clues of which horses are missing: Horse, Horse, Horse and Horse. lol!

Laughing Actually, it is more precise than ever. We still don't know the breeds but we already know it is a horse, which year is marked, which product number, which letter and that information is on TAW. We really only miss the breed but we already know where to list it as soon as another model is found.
Not long ago, most collectors were not even aware these horses were not random China models and now we know their brand, how they are grouped and a few of other brands using the same moulds.If this uncomplete information was not added coerently on TAW, future editors would miss all this information.

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 10:46 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Laughing Actually, it is more precise than ever. We still don't know the breeds but we already know it is a horse, which year is marked, which product number, which letter and that information is on TAW. We really only miss the breed but we already know where to list it as soon as another model is found.
Not long ago, most collectors were not even aware these horses were not random China models and now we know their brand, how they are grouped and a few of other brands using the same moulds.If this uncomplete information was not added coerently on TAW, future editors would miss all this information.

This is why we know that Toy Major Horse, Toy Major Horse, Toy Major Horse and Toy Major Horse are still missing on TAW. lol!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 2:49 am

I found a 2007 Saddlebred, letter is D, in a bin of '07 Toy Major horses at a Lakeshore Learning store. It was the best of the lot so the one I picked as an exemplar. I can confirm an Appaloosa like in Roger's picture above was in the bin among others, but didn't think to check letters. I don't know if the store will let me go back for photos, and i don't want them for myself, but maybe i can think of some way to get pics.
Rogerio, I will get you a better picture for TAW.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 5:30 am

That's actually quite a nice sculpt. Great catch Kelly!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 8:46 pm

Thanks also for posting here, Kelly. Your American revolutionary horse is now on TAW. You can always take pictures of the others and tell it is to show to other people what is true. Wink

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 3:16 am

I went back to the store and took photos of the other horses they had, let's see if this works...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Guess not, let me try again
Morgan, not a terrible horse, may be better than the Saddlebred
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:49 pm

Some rather nice horses but others are a bit ropey looking! Smile Smile

Hippocollector

Country/State : Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 7:57 pm

I really love the kind of vibe toy major's animals give off. The unusual coloration, the texture and all of the animals looking like reptiles for some reason, its all really charming to me
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 5:23 pm

It surely works, thanks for taking your time to share these pictures with us.

PostSubject: Re: Photos of Toy Major horses   horses - Photos of Toy Major horses Empty

Back to top Go down

Photos of Toy Major horses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Toy Major-
Jump to: